X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Pusillanimous Wimp

Some early thoughts:

Objective:
    • a 1-turn conquest of 4 PK bases in the Central Arcadian neck, followed by a swift acceptance of Lal's submissiion
    • capture of the Alien Artifacts at UN Planning Authority and UN Commerce Committee
    Invasion will take place in 2177, with the first assault wave (3 vessels) timed to arrive simultaneously

Force comprises:
    • a 6~2-2 steppenwolf
    • a 6~1-2 R-112 class
    • a 6-1-2 Janissarie
    • 2 x 6-1-1 missile infantrymen
    • a 4-1-1 Impact Infantryman
    • a 1-2t-2 Skanky's Sileni
    • a 1-1-2 unity Rover
    supported by:
    • a 0-1-2 Longstrider
    • a 0-1-1 Crypteia
    Air Force, staging out of Iaci Base
    • 4 Missile penetrators (6-1-10)
    • 3 Impact penetrators (4-1-10)
    • 1 x F-6 Interceptor
    Naval Forces committed
    • Coastguard Cutters (1)-2t-6 SCC Minas Tirith & SCC Iaci
    • Frigate (1)-1-4 SCC Invincible

We're up against the following defenses:

UN Planning Authority (Perimeter Defense)
    • 3 green 1-3-1 Plasma sentinels
    • 2 green 1-1-2 scout rovers
    • 1 disciplined 1-1-2 scout rover at the monolith
    UN Great Refuge
    • 1 disciplined and 2 green Plasma sentinels
    UN Headquarters
    • 1 hardened 1-3-1 Plasma sentinel
    UN Commerce Committee
    • a 1-1-2 Scout rover
    • a 0-1-2 Longstrider
    Last edited by Googlie; June 17, 2005, 13:05.

take as much of UNPA out with the airforce...and i think that hardened plasma sentinel at UNHQ also...if we have the range...that is my first thought and action
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Some questions:
      • Do we change again to Fundy next year, prior to the invasion?
      • do we upgrade any units beforehand (eg the unity rover, and impact infantryman, plus the 3 pens all to missile class?)
      • Do we kick off the invasion with a probesteal of Neural Grafting from UN High Commission
      • do we use the navy to bombard first, to weaken any defenders (question - does arty bombardment destroy any facilities, the way a bombing run does?)
      • presumably our tactic is to empty Planning Authority base by air attacks, then enter it with the amphi unit, then dock the transports and fan out from there

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        Some questions:[list][*]Do we change again to Fundy next year, prior to the invasion?
        Do we need to? I mean how much would it help execute the invasion?

Originally posted by Googlie [*]do we upgrade any units beforehand (eg the unity rover, and impact infantryman, plus the 3 pens all to missile class?)
        I believe we ought to. After all, we are going after Yang next, so might as well get prepared. (And it is better to prevent losses rather than whine after they happen...)

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Do we kick off the invasion with a probesteal of Neural Grafting from UN High Commission
        Ahh, here is my answer to the fundy thing. Personally, I do not care. I think we can wait to get it for free anyway.

Originally posted by Googlie [*]do we use the navy to bombard first, to weaken any defenders (question - does arty bombardment destroy any facilities, the way a bombing run does?)
        I think we should, especially if we do not upgrade the attackers after all.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Brief thoughts:

-- Money shouldn't be a problem when thinking about the unit upgrades. According to the different 2175 saves, Brother Lal has more than 460 but less than 616 credits!
          "Give us the money, Lebowsky!"
          "All your money are belong to us!"
          Off course, that money will go right into our bank as soon as Lal surrenders. (better to make him surrender before he spends it rushing some useless unit!). Anyway, just taking 4 bases will give us a good paycheck!

-- Talking about money to spend: UN High Commission is not on the list of targets. I acknowledge our forces do their maximum but...how much would it cost our crypteia on his way around TH to subvert this city? (It would provide us with our first harbour facing the Angels continent)

-- I'm all for a Live Turnchat to follow the Invasion.

-- Now,a question: what if Lal doesn't surrender?
          Where do we stop? How long can we focus on Lal while others would be delighted to stab us in the back (others or Yang! ). Can we accept a 'mere' truce leaving Lal with 3 or more bases at our door? (Leaving him to possibly ally with another human player and seek revenge)
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Well, Lal does have a plethora of unity rovers (19, in fact) of which we can account for 4 in or around the 4 target bases, 3 in his other bases, and 1 beside our scout & spore launcher NE of Iaci Base. That leaves 11 on the loose and unaccounted for. Not a bad counter-attacking force.

On the plus side, he only has one Missile penetrator, currenly in the air, so we don't know where it is. hence our F-6 being part of the support forces, to take it out if we locate it.

If he doesn't surrender, I say we pause for breath and then just keep rolling over him

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
              If he doesn't surrender, I say we pause for breath and then just keep rolling over him
              Nice.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but in any case:

Instead of declaring war directly, ask Lal to withdraw his (unexistent) forces from our territory. If he declares vendetta as a result:
                • We will save our reputation.
                • The alliance with the Angels won't be activated.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

...but if he doesnt then we do need to declare war...
                  Bunnies!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

We could (in order)
                    • probesteal Neural Grafting (but as we are strong and he is weak he might just "slap wrists")
                    • demand withdrawal (he didn't have forces roaming around last turn and when I just parallel-tested the demand, I got the "You must be aware, my vigilant friend, that I have no forces in your territory" reply)
                    • declare Vendetta
                    (I couldn't test the probesteal as that elite longstrider met a unity rover astride the road to UN High Commission)
                    Last edited by Googlie; June 20, 2005, 10:40.

Comment

as long as he doesnt really have any units in our territory it doesnt matter because nothing will be rehomed...
                      Bunnies!

Comment

Ooh - we can mind control that blocking rover with untracreable capture (75% effective" - that doesn't trigger vendetta either!! - so maybe we want the100% odds of revealed mind control - that prolly would trigger vendetta)

(Would get us a cheap veteran upgradeable scout rover able to capture High Commission itself (only has a single scout rover there as a defender)

Comment

i cant remember can a MD unit move in the same turn then?
                          Bunnies!

Comment

Yes - it can (unfortunately it can attack, destroy the defender, but not occupy the base that same turn, as it lacks enough mp's)

Our elite Longstrider could mc the rover, then mc the base itself, as it will have enough mp's. Or as there are other PK troops milling around that area, could try for an untraceable mc of a couple of rovers this next (2176) turn, which will stand us in good stead for the 2177 invasion proper

Note: If we openly mind control, Lal declares vendetta but the Angels don't join in

If we declare vendetta, then the AI triggers the Angels pact with lal and they declare vendetta on us

So for 2176 we migh consider using our elite longstrider to untraceably mind-control 2 PK rovers, then next turn go for another unit, or the base, or Neural grafting and trigger a lal-induced vendetta

or else we just bite the bullet in 2177 and declare ourselves, and give the Angels 1 turn to restore treaty (and if they don't, why then we just build the AV for ourselves under the "all deals are off during vendetta" diplomatic stance

Comment

then i think the untracebles first for a turn is pretty good idea...after that the open MC the same turn a our attack...IF we have the EC...
                              Bunnies!

Comment

Working...
                              X