MY-2175 Planning & Execution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some further moves:
    • Put the F-6 at Craterwest on al;ert, but it took off to investigate (?) the Hive troops at Hole of Asp
    • Moved the B-6 from Argos to just outside Iaci, ready for the PK invasion in 2 years
    • Sortied the B-4 from Cratersouth out over Buster Ocean to see what's what
    • Frolicked in the Mt Taygetus fungus with the 2 Hoplites, but nothing stirred
    • SCC Vlademorei rummaged around in the seafungus east of Gagarin memorial, but nothing
    • swapped Crypteia between FL and TH to get the Elite one at TH (can steal NG from Lal turn after next and, and provoke vendetta) - TH's exchange student stopped at the FL monolith to refresh himself
    • Tomcat-FS joined its 2 colleagues to construct the condensor west of FL
    • Upgraded the Fort Soup Hoplite to a CDF, and changed a crawler from minerals to nuts - will grow to size 8 next turn
    Build Order Variances
    Do we want to rush the Hab Complex at AU (take those 2 mineral crawlers off the forest to MM a facility)?

Comment

All units moved

(Edit: save deleted as superseded by a later save)
      Last edited by Googlie; June 16, 2005, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        I see the Angels now have MMI and have started the Cyborg Factory.
        Well, we wanted that SP ... But, we can build a few bioenhancement centers to basically compensate for losing it (the Maniac maneuvre helps us out here).

Comment

Build Order Variances
          Do we want to rush the Hab Complex at AU (take those 2 mineral crawlers off the forest to MM a facility)?
          I'd say yes!
          The new citizens will work the forest anyway. Nothing to lose and time to gain!
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Cash goes into rushes of infrastructure, obviously. Or do we try something weird, like buying those two bases from Yang?
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

There is also unit upgrades:
              - Hoplites to CDFs (where needed in near-future)
              - B4s to B6s (before the invasion)
              - do we need more amphibious rovers to seize PK bases?

And SPs rushes could be critical soon.

Also, we should simulate the assault before next turn, so as to plan which units will do what. I don't know but perhaps it will be better to mind-control a base than to destroy all its units.
              From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Some final tweaks as the turn is almost due:
                • MM'd a hab complex at AU, and moved a worker from a forest tile to the offshore nut tile, so will grow next turn to size 8
                • rushed the crawler at TH for 14 credits
                • lazily circled the Disco Volante, finishing beside that same seapod - it's iaci that will get the benefit of any facs completion, so we need to wait until next turn as it is commssioning a Crypteia this turn (I guess i could have changed production, taken the minerals loss, tried popping the pod, and if unsuccessful, restored the Crypteia when the loss would have been reinstated, but that's too similar to an SE quickie and prolly should be formally disallowed in the rules)
                • reallocated a couple of workers in our Crater triangle to better utilize the mineral/nut tiles
                Endturn attached - and has been sent to the Gaians
                Attached Files

Comment

(I guess i could have changed production, taken the minerals loss, tried popping the pod, and if unsuccessful, restored the Crypteia when the loss would have been reinstated, but that's too similar to an SE quickie and prolly should be formally disallowed in the rules)
                  I'd like to see a moderator ruling on that one ... It's a significant edge and if the others teams are using that trick so should we.

I happen to use it in SP all the time. Those dang completion pods never made much sense to me anyhow

Comment

(I guess i could have changed production, taken the minerals loss, tried popping the pod, and if unsuccessful, restored the Crypteia when the loss would have been reinstated, but that's too similar to an SE quickie and prolly should be formally disallowed in the rules)
                    Haven't we done this numerous times already. What's the problem now? Allowing one to choose the production a materials pod finishes makes pod popping more worthwhile, and - generally speaking in PBEMs - I think the usual pod popper factions such as Cult, Spartans or Pirates can use all the help they can get against the raw economic power of the likes of Uni, Morgan, PKs... (Though of course I'm biased in my opinion as I've grown to prefer the playstyle of these momentum factions.)

Oh yes, AFAIK other factions do use this as well. Eg remember the Corporation with their half an SP on wheels. And I think I first heard of Chaos Theory (Gaian Lord) the idea of temporarily switching production to the most valuable item.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

We have done it - but the issue is the loss - and subsequent reinstatement - of the lost minerals (1/2 of the accumulkated over the first ten)

IIRC we haven't been in that position before. Yes, with maybe 8/20ths of a crypteia built we've changed and been unsuccessful and changed back, but that doesn't restore lost minerals (as none were lost in that example) - just reinstates the 8 that were there already

I don't recall not getting a podpop facs completion and getting the excess minerals restored (the lost 1/2 balance over 10) upon changing back to the original production, which makes me think we never did.

Comment

Working...
                      X