MY-2163 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some final 2163 moves:
    • s;iders at 50/0/50 produce 0 income and tech every 25 years. At 60/0/40 it's 10 ec's and 44 years, so I reset sliders to 60/0/40
    • Fort Buster has drone problems, and would go hungry with just a doctor, so moved their 7 mins crawler off the mine onto the 2 nut tile
    • Moved Rio Grande's crawler off the forest/min tile onto the river forest tile between RG and Messena
    • put FB's 2 nut worker as a doctor
    • reassigned remaining worker to the forested mine site
    • moved RG's worker off the forest/sensor tile onto the 7 mins mine tile (didn't need all 27 ec's to rush the crawler if I'd done this first)
    • moved 2Nuts missile speeder onto the Rio Rojo en-route to Minas Tirith to join the invasion task force that will assemble there for the New Mercury to pick up

Final turnsave attached (I'll be leaving home in 90 minutes, so will pass the turn on and post as is unless any contrary opinions)

(and good luck, Snoddasmannen!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Turn moved on

Upon saving the gaians turn, the mindworm outside Climactic Research attacked the base and our B-4 there took some damage in killing the worm (I thought of attacking it for the ec's en-route to CR, but desisted as it would have left the noodle outside the base at the end of the turn)

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        Turn moved on

Upon saving the gaians turn, the mindworm outside Climactic Research attacked the base and our B-4 there took some damage in killing the worm (I thought of attacking it for the ec's en-route to CR, but desisted as it would have left the noodle outside the base at the end of the turn)
        Oh, how much damage did it take?

And as for my job interview, well it was tough. Has anyone ever tried to construct an algorithm to detect loops in a linked list running at O(1) memory complexity and O(n) time? Ever tried doing it during a job interview? But I remain carefully optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
          Oh, how much damage did it take?
          Well, it survived. Good enough for me.

And as for my job interview, well it was tough. Has anyone ever tried to construct an algorithm to detect loops in a linked list running at O(1) memory complexity and O(n) time? Ever tried doing it during a job interview? But I remain carefully optimistic!
          No. But I did a couple of similar things during exams. This one seems pretty straightforward, actually.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
            No. But I did a couple of similar things during exams. This one seems pretty straightforward, actually.
            With O(1) memory complexity? That's not straight forward at all, in fact even the people there said it was difficult to come up with. PM me your suggestion and I'll see if it's any good

Comment

I won't be able to download the turn until around 0300 GMT on the 17th, so, Manaic, if you want to play this turn that's OK by me
              Oh yeah, I just realized, next weekend start the Easter holidays already, so if you're too busy, I could be available to play the next three turns or so.

I'm also in favour. But those are bad fishing waters, they're within range of the (new?) Gaian base there. A worm appearing within base radius was about 1/81 if I recall the Survivalists Guide correctly.
              True. Fortunately there's still a river square outside the base radius. But anyway, IIRC that rover only is there temporary, no?
              How was it again? Pegasus goes home with the Ogre, while the Mercury explores further with the unity rover (after picking it up) and R-112? Or was it the other way around??

Well I won't be able to play much tomorrow, I have a job interview for a position as Core Technology Developer at Opera Software Wish me luck everyone.
              W00t! (And I thought you were still a student )

2163 continued ….
              • Called Lal, he is now in Vendetta with Morgan
              • RT2 retreats onto road adjacent to MT
              • Missile Rover moves up onto forest mineral tile
              • B-4 provides air cover and takes out Hive infantry unit as well
              • Unity Rover at Gaialand moves back onto river fungus
              • Pegasus moves to NE of the Gaian seaformer (I looked at the Hive base, Seat of Proper Thought, and they have several arty units there and in the fungus we’d be within range and likely be shelled)
              • Moved AU’s B-4 to Climactic research
              • Used the Maniac manoever (and a crawler, plus 10 ec’s) to rush a Mercury class transport at Gythium harbour
              • Moved the Minas Tirith into GH to provide companionship for the Mercury
              • Used the Maniac manoever (and a crawler, plus 18 ec’s) to rush a Missile noodle at Argos
              • Crawler rushed at Fort Soup for 7 ec’s and at Tegea Harbour for 19 ec’s
              • B-4 rushed at Rio Grande for 27 ec’s, and at SC2 and Craterwest for 9 ec’s each
              • Tomcat OA starts road on that sensor/farm tile it was on
              • Tomcats VV & OAx E of OA commence roadbuilding on mine
              • Tomcats MT & SCS: as their turn was exhausted, I put them to mine building on that tile they were on just to keep the crews out of mischief
              • SC3’s Crypteia moved to GH to board the new Mercury
              • Tomcat SCW moves to river tile and starts planting forest
              • Ironholm worker reassigned to work the forest, and crawler sent to crawl in food

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Moved the Disco Volante southwest, popped an IoD, so vamoosed due east
              Where's the unit heading to?

TH’s crawler rehomed to FL, and sent to get food from forested tile
              Nice catch!

Some final 2163 moves:[list][*]s;iders at 50/0/50 produce 0 income and tech every 25 years. At 60/0/40 it's 10 ec's and 44 years, so I reset sliders to 60/0/40
              At 50-0-50 we'd get our next tech in ten years though. Is that worth spending some on labs or not? We've been switching irregularly between 50% and 60% economy lately, so I think we should make a definite decision on this.

[*]Fort Buster has drone problems, and would go hungry with just a doctor, so moved their 7 mins crawler off the mine onto the 2 nut tile[*]Moved Rio Grande's crawler off the forest/min tile onto the river forest tile between RG and Messena[*]put FB's 2 nut worker as a doctor[*]reassigned remaining worker to the forested mine site[*]moved RG's worker off the forest/sensor tile onto the 7 mins mine tile (didn't need all 27 ec's to rush the crawler if I'd done this first)
              I proposed a solution for Fort Buster in one of the first few posts of this thread, but you didn't reply anything to it. Therefore I'm wondering, do you re-read the first posts of the turnplanning thread before playing the turn?
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I tested it yesterday in the simulator, and when you move a noodle into a base while there's still a hostile unit nearby, you can still attack with the noodle.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

Oh yeah, I just realized, next weekend start the Easter holidays already, so if you're too busy, I could be available to play the next three turns or so.
                  That would be great - I had actually planned to be available almost all day for this turn, but then Morgan got a day's delay and that threw me completely out of kilter (I was away for most of the 2 days with a friend on "away" golf trips)

Tomorrow I have another "high maintenance" friend staying for a week, then I pack up the 28th March for the 2-day drive back to Vancouver, and it'll be a couple of days before I get my highspeed internet service hooked up again

So if you could commit to the 2164 and 2165 turn that'd be super

True. Fortunately there's still a river square outside the base radius. But anyway, IIRC that rover only is there temporary, no?

How was it again? Pegasus goes home with the Ogre, while the Mercury explores further with the unity rover (after picking it up) and R-112? Or was it the other way around??
                  My thoughts had been that the Mercury went home with the Ogre (for double police duty) and the R-112 (for further Morgan attacks) while the Pegasus cruised around with that Unity Rover pod-popping (an empty berth would let it get an AA on board)

Where's the unit heading to?
                  It was (is) going up the Angels' coast to intercept the Morgan ships off Lal's Eastern coast. I thought that the IoD that dropped off mindworms at Lal's southern tip might still be around, so detoured south west then planned to head east - saw the pod, so changed production at 2Nuts to a supercrawler, and popped the pod. When it disgorged an IoD, I vamoosed straight east towards the Angels lands

At 50-0-50 we'd get our next tech in ten years though. Is that worth spending some on labs or not? We've been switching irregularly between 50% and 60% economy lately, so I think we should make a definite decision on this.
                  I agree, but don't we want to upgrade some units to Police next turn? we need cash for that )100 for the ten basic scouts, and another 20 for the synthsentry to a police guardsman. We only have 132, so I figured that an extra ten would be useful

I proposed a solution for Fort Buster in one of the first few posts of this thread, but you didn't reply anything to it. Therefore I'm wondering, do you re-read the first posts of the turnplanning thread before playing the turn?
                  I did read it and it made sense. Then when I had the turn open I had your list (the one I had added to) open, and ran off that. I forgot that you'd given a FB solution

I also toyed with putting rec tanks in build for some of our smaller bases - low cost and no maintenance. At some point we do need to start with our infrastructure

Comment

That would be great - I had actually planned to be available almost all day for this turn, but then Morgan got a day's delay and that threw me completely out of kilter
                    Yeah, same with me.

So if you could commit to the 2164 and 2165 turn that'd be super
                    That should be possible. If the turn arrives on wednesday evening, there might be a problem, but I'm counting that it takes more than a week for the the turn to arrive , meaning whole friday would still fall in the deadline.

My thoughts had been that the Mercury went home with the Ogre (for double police duty) and the R-112 (for further Morgan attacks) while the Pegasus cruised around with that Unity Rover pod-popping (an empty berth would let it get an AA on board)
                    Sounds great. I'll try to remember it this time - I've asked this question a couple times already.

It was (is) going up the Angels' coast to intercept the Morgan ships off Lal's Eastern coast. I thought that the IoD that dropped off mindworms at Lal's southern tip might still be around, so detoured south west then planned to head east - saw the pod, so changed production at 2Nuts to a supercrawler, and popped the pod. When it disgorged an IoD, I vamoosed straight east towards the Angels lands
                    Sounds good.

I agree, but don't we want to upgrade some units to Police next turn? we need cash for that )100 for the ten basic scouts, and another 20 for the synthsentry to a police guardsman. We only have 132, so I figured that an extra ten would be useful
                    Ah yes, good point. For the synthsentry, AFAIK we don't need to upgrade that one to police ability yet though: Argos is still far from growing to size 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X