MY-2163 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY-2163 Planning Thread

I know that we still haven't sent on the 2162 turn yet, but the current trun thread has some good thoughts that I thought we'd put down here before they get lost in the shuffle:

Diplomacy
    • Call up Lal and induce him to go vendetta against Morgan
    Unit moves
    • Change production at Iaca Base to a supercrawler, and then pop the pod to its south with the Coastguard Cutter
    • Open a southern skirmishing front by taking out the Gaian chokehold brigade with our CRV-112
    • move the Unity Rover back into the fungus to head upriver to the Gaian colony pod/base
    • look for the Morgan supercrawler, and kamikazi it if possible
    • Pull RT2 back into Minas Tirith to heal to 100% next turn, then resume wormhunting
    • Upgrade SCC Minas Tirith to GT-class missile cruiser, and lay in wait for the Hive foil
    • deploy Njord, Vladimorei and the GT itself to eliminate the forests in Morgan's Northwest
    Others please add as things come to mind
    Last edited by Googlie; March 10, 2005, 09:56.

Re: MY-2163 Planning Thread

Great list!

Originally posted by Googlie [*]Upgrade SCC Minas Tirith to GT-class missile cruiser, and lay in wait for the Hive foil
    Though I have to state my usual reluctance to upgrading units - it would cost 110 credits! Won't we have a needlejet available somewhere to deal with this menace?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Ah, yes, that's true - it'll land next turn so will be rarin' to go in 2164 when the Hive foil appears

And elsewhere (the Angels covert ops thread) I've suggested we stall the Gaian attack until 2164

While the A's and G's aren't pacted, do we want to give the A's any excuse whatsoever from sending us Int Int before they send it to Morgan - or even to the Gaians themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        And elsewhere (the Angels covert ops thread) I've suggested we stall the Gaian attack until 2164

While the A's and G's aren't pacted, do we want to give the A's any excuse whatsoever from sending us Int Int before they send it to Morgan - or even to the Gaians themselves?
        Good point.

I've played a 2163 in the updated simulator. Here are some suggestions and questions based on it. I'll upload the simulator this evening - now I have to rush to the lessons.

Tomcat-OAx W of OA: build road?

Tomcats VV & OAx E of OA: what to do?

Tomcats SC1 & SCWx: what to do?

Tomcats MT & SCS: build sensor array east of MT?

SC3's Crypteia: should they move to Messena or Gythium Harbour, or stay put?

SNC Hermes: move to (77.37) and drop off the Crypteia on the tile east?

In case that Gaian trannie is still blocking the straits, shall we send the SCC Invincible to deal with it?

What will the SCC Minas Tirith do?

New crawlers in Ironholm (IH), Argos (AG), GH. What will they do?

New B-4s in MT and AU. What will be their mission?

Possible suggestion: If we rehome the Fort Liberal supercrawler to Fort Soup en route to Arcadia University we could let it harvest a nutrient for FS - an extra turn to deal with the FS food shortages. How will we deal with them btw: FS is still lacking one nut for break-even.

Crawler-hurry a rec commons in FL, or wait until we hopefully get IntInt MY 2164 and can upgrade a scout patrol to a police force? (What to call that unit type btw? Citizen's Defence Force? Home Guard? Civil Guard? Guardia Civil?)

There will be a new mine ready MY 2164. How about letting OA work it, by relocating the 3-1-2 farmer to there? In combination with this, how about rehoming MT's supercrawler to OA and let it harvest minerals further. Then OA's mineral production would be over 20, and we could produce a B-4 in a single turn.

As the 3-1-2 tile would now be free in the above scenario, how about relocating a SC2 forester to the tile?
        We could then also relocate the GH 2-1-1 worker to a forest. Unless we'd want GH's new crawler to harvest a forest. Or did we want to hurry a transport cruiser with that one?

There will be a mine finished in RG's base radius. How about moving RG's forester to the mine? We could then also relocate the Messenan 2-1-0 worker to the forest.

Fort Buster will have nutrient shortages at the beginning of MY 2163. A possible way to deal with those could be:

1> Move Shrek from SC3 to FB; and move a scout patrol in reverse direction from FB to SC3. That way we can make FB's third worker productive (but we'd have to turn SC3's crater worker into a doctor of course).
        2> Relocate the other SC3 crater worker to the forest W of SC3.
        3> Now put FB's doctor and 2-0-0 worker to the empty crater tiles.

With this solution we wouldn't be able to rehome the crawler on (54.14) to FB yet though. Otherwise we'd produce so many minerals that we'd exceed the ten mineral carryover limit.

Oh yeah, we could switch the scout patrol in AU with the hoplite in Ironholm. That way we can upgrade a scout patrol to police force MY 2164, instead of a hoplite which already has a useful ability.

Comment

Just a quick reaction - I'm in favour of only upgrading 1-1-1's to Policemen - I know we paid the same for 1-1t-1's but I agree - trance is a useful attribute, so let's wait till we get Neural Grafting (from Morgan? - land 2 Elite Crypteia?) before we upgrade them to police (where it'll be their second attribute)

Comment

Turn is now with Morgan, so we'll have it soon.

Comment

I see they have requested another 24 hour grace period

Comment

I believe this is at least the third time in a row the turn is delayed to us. They probably have good reason this time, who knows

Comment

Usual stalling tactics. With a war going on, they can call anything they see surprising, or difficult, or whatever they say to get extensions.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

They have been granted an extension, so we'll get it in about 24 hours.

Usual stalling tactics. With a war going on, they can call anything they see surprising, or difficult, or whatever they say to get extensions.
                    Nah I don't think it's stalling tactics. The last few times have been (honest) mistakes as far as I can understand. I don't question their integrity, but I am not so sure about their organizational skills

Comment

While I generally dislike delays, it does give us extra time to discuss what to do in our turn.

Comment

I won't be able to download the turn until around 0300 GMT on the 17th, so, Manaic, if you want to play this turn that's OK by me

(or others can open it and tell me what units need moving, where, etc, and whether lal will declare vendetta on Morgan, etc)

G.

Comment

I won't be able to download the turn until around 0300 GMT on the 17th, so, Manaic, if you want to play this turn that's OK by me
                          I'll be sleeping around that time (or at least not have access to the internet) I think.

(or others can open it and tell me what units need moving, where, etc, and whether lal will declare vendetta on Morgan, etc)
                          There are still a few open questions AFAIK:

Tomcat-OAx W of OA: build road?

Tomcats VV & OAx E of OA: what to do?

Tomcats SC1 & SCWx: what to do?

Tomcats MT & SCS: build sensor array east of MT?

SC3's Crypteia: should they move to Messena or Gythium Harbour, or stay put?

SNC Hermes: move to (77.37) and drop off the Crypteia on the tile east?

In case that Gaian trannie is still blocking the straits, shall we send the SCC Invincible to deal with it?

What will the SCC Minas Tirith do?

New crawlers in Ironholm (IH), Argos (AG), GH. What will they do?

New B-4s in MT and AU. What will be their mission?

Comment

I've opened the thread. Nothing disastrous has happened. Things of note:
                            • Lal has slowed research, will now get Doc:Air in 7 years
                            • Lal will vendetta with Morgan if we threaten him
                            • Gaia is still blocking our path, grr....

Most interesting (and worrysome) is that a Morgan foil has spotted our B-6. See image. They have moved their crawler to Morgan Transport, but it seems to be a quick kill anyway, or is it? Morgan might well have blocked all access points to MT (the green thingies), which would force us to kamikaze our B-6 on a probe team or a crawler. Moving it into a base where it does no good indicates to me that they knew we were up to something, and why would they move it into a base where we could easily destroy it?

This smells trappy, big time... Though it could still be worth it. If we end up being forced to kamikaze on a crawler we wouldn't be down too much, and the rewards of destroying that half an SP? Who can measure?

EDIT: Interesting this. We have 52 council votes, as many as Lal, we could run for governor! For whatever reason
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Snoddasmannen; March 16, 2005, 17:35.

Comment

Ooops, our SCC Njord was almost probed by a probe buggy up north. I guess we were lucky the Morgans just couldn't spare the cash . We've got to be careful to stay away from the shoreline unstacked in the future.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X