MY 2161 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac
    May I suggest switching the Argonite worker back to the mine? That way we produce 4 mins instead of two mins and a nut (which we don't need to keep stable population).
    Done

If we don't act, Fort Liberty will riot next turn. May I therefore suggest turning the forest lumberjack into a doctor?
    Ah, yes - I'd alluded to that elsewhere, but forgot to suggest a cure

Now Done

After founding the Manifold base, Argos and Arcadia University will each have a free support slot. To fill AU's one, how about rehoming the VV scout patrol in AU to AU?
    Done

May I suggest switching the OA 2-0-1 worker to the new mine on (64.18)?
    Actually I have moved it to the empty mine (with road) on 63:15 - that was going to be worked by the new crawler, but it was used to rush the noodle, so is sitting vacant

I see the MT supercrawler still has 1,1/3 MPs left. Therefore, how about moving it a little further to the mine on (63.15)? (Unless of course that interferes with the plans for one of the new crawlers)
    Well, we'd then need to move the MT's worker off the 0/3/0 mine there to a 2/1/0 rolling & rainy tile (but if I move the supercrawler to the 0/3/0 mine being built at 64:18 we'd net an extra mineral - to move it to 63:15 means that we'd need to spend 3 ec;s to complete the noodle at OA (but prolly a good exchange as it'd give that extra mineral whwre it's needed, at MT, so I'll do that)

Hey - and if we accept a reduction in the nutbox there of 1 nut, we could rush that coastal cruiser for 52 ec's to twin with the Minas Tirith there and go do some Morgan bashing

Messena only needs one more nutrient to fill its nut tanks, while it has a nutrient surplus of three. Unnecessary in other words. May I therefore suggest to move the RG 1-2-2 forester to the empty 3-1-0 farm? Messena can then work the forest. We produce 0.8 less labs this way, but two more nuts. (Edit: I guess this one is no longer possible or desired seeing a FB worker relocation has been done)
    Can still do it by moving the RG forest worker to a 1/1/0 crater tile (we then don't have any wasted minerals there with the noodle build) and can move the Messena worker to that vacated forest tile. Knocks our reseach back to 12 ec's and 91 per tech (instead of 12 and 84) - but it's only for 1 turn)

Skanky's Sileni in Iaci Base? Is that the planned production item? Just asking as I heard you mention building a CoastGuard cruiser there.
    Well, ususally I am a big fan of naval units from coastal bases, but in this case we are a bit vulnerable there - plus we can, as mentioned above, rush a coastguard at MT to twin with its current one, so maybe a new one in the Arcadia Ocean isn't necessary right now. But for 18 ec's we could rush one there - and send the Invincible north to join it after it's healed in the PK base

Done (and rushed)

PS: two minor observations regarding unit naming. I see you named the laser cruiser design "SCC Minas Tirith". Shouldn't that be SCC Njord? IIRC the Minas Tirith is MT's coastguard.
    I had picked that up, and changed it (after the nearlydone save)

Also, how about renaming the "SNC Mercury" transport design into "[Mercury ]Class Transport, as the SNC Mercury has sunk, and we've got other transport cruisers of the same type now.
    Done

Any other suggested rushes?

New save attached
    Attached Files

Comment

Going offline for a few hours - I'll complete the turn on my return - looking for discussion re aerospace sites (see the airforce thread) and possible crawler rushes

Comment

I have minutes to spare before I'm off to a jazz performance. How about hurrying some of those crawlers unless you've already done so? That's all Have a nice evening everyone.

Comment

XB-6 design retired. Aerospace complex rushed at FB for 60 ec's, and a conventional B-6 put in the build queue

Can't rush the aerospace this turn at OA (I got the "only one hurry" message, although I don't remember rushing the XB there

Shoot - got the hurry cost wrong at Argos and missed by 1 mineral (spent 20). So I put the worker back to a 2/1/0 tile - will work the mine next turn when it'll complete the crawler

Rushed VV's crawler for 28 ec's

Rushed 2NS Hoplite for 23 ec's (the Hermes can pick up the amphimissile unit with the probe and after dropping off the probe can meet the heimdall with its task force and send the amphimissile there as well - a great raiding party for a Yang base or 2)

Nothing else seemed a bargain, so I left it at that, with 103 ec's in reserves for next turn rushes

Comment

Turn finished, final saved, and turned over to the Gaians for 2162
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
              Can't rush the aerospace this turn at OA (I got the "only one hurry" message, although I don't remember rushing the XB there
              Turn looks great

I can rush the complex at OA in the save you sent, however. That's really weird.

Comment

Another great year.

Hey - and if we accept a reduction in the nutbox there of 1 nut, we could rush that coastal cruiser for 52 ec's to twin with the Minas Tirith there and go do some Morgan bashing
                I'm glad you didn't go through with this. It's so wasteful to hurry when there are less than ten mins accumulated in the mineral tanks.

Shoot - got the hurry cost wrong at Argos and missed by 1 mineral (spent 20). So I put the worker back to a 2/1/0 tile - will work the mine next turn when it'll complete the crawler
                Hmm, I don't understand. What's the advantage of this?
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  Hmm, I don't understand. What's the advantage of this?
                  Well, it was going to complete in 2 turns either way, with a difference of 3 energy stockpiled (working the mine for both turns) versus 1 (working the farm this turn and the mine next turn), so I figured the extra 2 nuts in the food bin was better than 2 ec's in the kitty.

No?

Comment

What's causing the energy difference?
                    AFAIK the two cases to compare are
                    1> this turn the 2-1-0 farm and next turn the 0-4-0 mine.
                    2> both turns the mine
                    Case 1 results in 2 nuts and 5 mins. Case 2 in 8 mins. In both cases we get two or three credits (don't know if it's rounded up or down) for the stockpile energy bug. So AFAIK in case 1 we get two extra nuts; in case 2 three extra mins.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Hmm - I was so focussed on the stockpile energy equation that I overlooked the minerals carry-forward

GGLIE

(Altogether too many mistakes when I turnplay - I'm not really a detail-oriented player.

Perhaps it's time to pass turnplaying over to Maniac again, and we'll avoid blowing up our own ships, throwing mienrals out of the window, etc)

Comment

Hmm - I was so focussed on the stockpile energy equation that I overlooked the minerals carry-forward

GGLIE

(Altogether too many mistakes when I turnplay - I'm not really a detail-oriented player.

Perhaps it's time to pass turnplaying over to Maniac again, and we'll avoid blowing up our own ships, throwing mienrals out of the window, etc)
                        Having (at least) two players perfectly capable of playing the turns is one of our major strengths, and I think you have both done excellent jobs overall I'm sure Maniac has made a few mistakes too while playing the turns, if you don't mind me saying so Maniac Nobody is perfect, and it just sounds like a bad idea to stop playing the turns because you might make errors.

Comment

Working...
                        X