MY 2161 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Googlie
    Base 8038 (the co-ordinates of the Nexus site): We�ll need a Crypteia there asap, so I suggest we start one immediately.
    And rush it, right?

And at some point we need a couple of formers over in Arcadia North � 2 or 3 tiles around Ironholm need farms put on them to support the population in that crowded corner (and maybe even a condenser somewhere for maximum effect)
    As soon as Fort Superiority or Arcadia University is out of crucial builds, I guess. If the difference would be one turn, then perhaps a Former with wheels?
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

What do you propose we'd send them? "Hey, we've got a rover here popping some of the unity pods on your territory. We hope you don't mind!"

Well it sounds so bad if you put it that way Maybe we should just keep our mouths shut.

Actually I'm amazed they haven't brought it up. Either they haven't discovered the pods are gone (and I wouldn't be surprised, what with their inactivity), or they are just keeping their mouth shut waiting to backstab us later.

At any rate, I wouldn't be happy to find a transport with an amphibious gatling rover and a battle ogre off my shore

Comment

Base 8038 (the co-ordinates of the Nexus site): We'll need a Crypteia there asap, so I suggest we start one immediately.
        Reply by Modo44
        And rush it, right?
        Actually, we have a better option.

After stealing Field Mod, our longstrider will be returned to Minas Tirith. We can move its current probe defender to 2NS, and send the Hermes to 2NS to pick up its current defender to sail it to the new base. We'll be 1 turn later in getting one in place, but a whole bunch of credits better off

And we can use the free ten minerals towards getting a coastalcruiser built for pod-popping

Comment

After stealing Field Mod, our longstrider will be returned to Minas Tirith. We can move its current probe defender to 2NS, and send the Hermes to 2NS to pick up its current defender to sail it to the new base. We'll be 1 turn later in getting one in place, but a whole bunch of credits better off

2161:

1a= MT longstrider enroute to 2NS

1b= Hermes en route to 2NS

2162:

2a= MT longstrider outside 2NS

2b= 2NS Crypteia boards Hermes

2c= Hermes en-route to new base

2163:

3a= Longstrider enters 2NS

3b= Hermes reaches coast

3c: Crypteia disembarks

2164:

4=Crypteia enters base
          Attached Files

Comment

delay in getting the 2161 turn - this received from Mead a couple of hours ago:

PM from Mead to Googlie & Kass

When I opened the turn this afternoon to do it I got the notice that I would get a reload warning if I proceeded.

I looked at the turn earlier and thought I saved it.

Apparently I did not save it correctly.

I have asked others in my team to play and post the turn.

Although this is the first time I have received the 'reload warning' I do not want to get the reputation as one who plays from reloads.

I asked Drouge to grant an extension to my team, if necessary, for someone else to play the turn.

Mead

PS
            This may not be a good thing for the Spartans as I suspect that most of the other players on my team are more competent than myself.

Comment

Some yet-to-be-resolved issues before commencing the (imminent) turnplay):
              • Do we cash in that AA now, or wait?
              • What do we change production to in V V (and OA) prior to bumping that unity pod with the 2NS supercrawler
              • do we proceed with my suggested probeswap (in the screenie above)?
              • What do we name the new Nexus base? (The Colony? - a Hive name but with good meaning for us)
              • Regular builds for OA and V V (assuming we don't get a favorable pop with the crawler) - missile rover for OA and another coastal cruiser - or Mercury - for V V?

Originally posted by Maniac
              Btw, what are the plans for the Pegasus and Heimdall? Which one was supposed to continue exploring, and which one to return back home with a unit?
              I was proposing to put all 3 units on the Heimdall - to return to our homeland - that Ogre will be great for double police duty in one of our size3 bases. And then continue exploring with the Pegasus (but maybe - to avoid mindcontrol - we should leave that Unity Rover on board the Peg)

Comment

Do we cash in that AA now, or wait?
                I am in favour of cashing it now, all arguments been said already

do we proceed with my suggested probeswap (in the screenie above)?

What do we name the new Nexus base? (The Colony? - a Hive name but with good meaning for us)
                I liked the 'Base 8038' term and how it was created - perhaps we stick to it?
                a Spartan Eco-Science specimen.
                ----
                Producing Buddhism.
                Enlightenment is the Base, Way & Goal.

Comment

I am still against cashing in the AA.

The rest looks good.

I would leave something aboard the Pegasus. No point risking a hostile probe action.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by sentry33

I liked the 'Base 8038' term and how it was created - perhaps we stick to it?
                    It just seems like it could be too revealing ... Though perhaps a bit far-fetched, other factions could figure the name out. How about encoding 8038 into letters, mapped to the alphabet with A=0. We'd end up with "Iaci", Iaci Base sounds like cool name to me

I am still in favour of cashing the AA.

I approve of the probe-swap.

As for switching production in case of a completion pod, I'd say maybe a monster missile cruiser and a monster missile amph rover respectively.

Comment

Turn is open, and here is a blow-by blow account of moves:
                      • Heimdall moved to NE of fellowship City and dropped off longstrider, who toddled to Unity lair and extracted Field Modulation
                      • Longstrider got promoted to Commando, and returned to Minas Tirith
                      • His mate sets out for 2NS, but gets stalled on the mine
                      • bit the bullet and moved the AA to Rio Grande for a cash-in

• Doc Air

I'll post this now before continuing with the turn

(Actually, I'll save the turn in midturn as we'll need some decisions about aircraft builds, etc)

Comment

Some more moves as they happen:
                        • Elite probe team continues to Mendelev college, and takes up residence there
                        • Iaci Base founded – scout rehomed there (didn’t rehome the Hermes, as we’ll want to produce a unit there)
                        • Hermes sets off to pick up the probe at 2NS
                        • Was able to move FB’s missile rover into SC1, rehome, then visit monolith for upgrade to Elite
                        • SC2’s GH hoplite moved to SC1 and rehomed there, SC1’s hoplite moved to SC2
                        • R-112 hops on shore for a recce, then reboards Pegasus
                        • Pegasus moves out of that bay to round the peninsula
                        • Unity Rover visits the river delta to open up a bit more map
                        • Invincible enters UN Great Refuge for R & R
                        • Disco Volante pauses by a Unity seed pod – pop it? (4 mps left)

Plus, below, a picture of the little extra exploring we did in Gaialand
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some more moves:
                          • Disco Volante pops pod, reveals kelp farm
                          • Tegea Harbor crawler moves to work mine, worker reallocated to forest (curing nut shortage)
                          • Uni founds Gagarin Memorial with that peripatetic colony pod, so crypteia takes up residence there
                          • General Tacticus retreats towards Gagarin memorial, encounters mindworm, so veers north to avoid (odds were 11 to 10)
                          • Njord moves offshore Yoda Soda, and shells forest to its SW, destroying mineral production for the base
                          • Vladimorei moves to join Njord – finishes astern
                          • Moved the Aarvak and unloaded the supercrawler – popped 100 ec’s

Problem:

Fort Soup’s new crawler is appearing with an “Already Moved” label. I don’t remember putting it on “wait” (the old bug I had), nor of hitting the space bar that would end its turn automatically.

So I suggest virtue out of necessity, and prototype a noodle there using the crawler to complete the needlejet
                          Last edited by Googlie; March 1, 2005, 11:26.

Comment

Heimdall moved to NE of fellowship City and dropped off longstrider, who toddled to Unity lair and extracted Field Modulation
                            Does this mean we can prototype plasma armor and still pull the workshop stunt with res-3-armor?

Doc Air
                            That kinda' worked out well
                            What are we gonna use those needlejets for? Harassing Morgan? Invading Morgan? Invading Yang?

General Tacticus retreats towards Gagarin memorial, encounters mindworm, so veers north to avoid (odds were 11 to 10)
                            You might have tried building the nexus base first, I think we might have been able to capture that sucker the same turn.

Fort Soup’s new crawler is appearing with an “Already Moved” label. I don’t remember putting it on “wait” (the old bug I had), nor of hitting the space bar that would end its turn automatically.
                            I can move it in my turn ... Though I still think that using it to prototype a noodle (!) is a good idea.

Some Other things of note. Hive is now at a truce with Morgan, having been given techs for it I should presume (since Yang is now researching NONE). Also, the Angels are Pacted with the PK:s, so they probably have maps of Sparta now. Maybe we should call up Lal to see if we can get maps of Angeland?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                              Does this mean we can prototype plasma armor and still pull the workshop stunt with res-3-armor?
                              I don't think so, as 3-res is really plasma with a bonus

You might have tried building the nexus base first, I think we might have been able to capture that sucker the same turn.
                              But I did - was only given combat odds - too close to call, I thought

Also, the Angels are Pacted with the PK:s, so they probably have maps of Sparta now. Maybe we should call up Lal to see if we can get maps of Angeland?
                              Hmm - won't he want Doc Air from us? Maybe Zak, tho, if he has swapped maps with Lal

Comment

But I did - was only given combat odds - too close to call, I thought
                                Oh, sorry I missed that line You even named it per my suggestion, you'd think I would have noticed

Hmm - won't he want Doc Air from us? Maybe Zak, tho, if he has swapped maps with Lal
                                Actually I invoked the parallel diplo rules with AI diplomacy and contacted Lal. He did want Doc Air but didn't break the pact if we refused. He then gave me his maps, at which point I panicked and killed terranx.exe since I seem to recall accepting map data is against the rules in para turns

EDIT: Note, I didn't see any new map data since I was browsing over Sparta as I contacted him.

Mind you this was on your save which was before some stuff happened, such as founding Iaci Base, don't know how sensitive these things are.
                                Last edited by Snoddasmannen; March 1, 2005, 01:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X