MY 2160 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! I'm waiting in the Command Center.
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I'm there too, I just hope we'll get the turn from the Morgans soon!

EDIT: We're there an hour early, just in case
      Last edited by Snoddasmannen; February 19, 2005, 09:02.

Comment

rescheduled for noon Pacific time (8 pm London)

Comment

Another crazy thought. If we wind up with units within another other Morgan base radius, would it be legal for them to gift that base to an AI and then mind control it back - netting them the units within that base radius?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
            Another crazy thought. If we wind up with units within another other Morgan base radius, would it be legal for them to gift that base to an AI and then mind control it back - netting them the units within that base radius?
            It seems like, from my experience, the units have to be right next to or inside the base for them to be mindcontrolled along with the base. I could be wrong, though.
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

/me is monitoring the forums like a hawk in a vain attempt to avoid having to work on his presentation

I see that jtsisyoda is preparing to send the turn as we speak! I'll jump in to the command center. If you see this Googlie, and if you intend to start playing the turn right now, you can jump in and do some minor moves before the big invasion in a few hours. Of course, everybody else in the Junta should also join in if you're as curious as me to find out what the Morgans have been up to

Comment

I'm coming.
                Also, as unexpected struck, I won't be home between 7:30 and 10:30PM London Time...
                From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

2160 - they're expecting us
                  Attached Files

Comment

Morgan Industries defenses in 2160:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mussels defenses
                      Attached Files

Comment

To sum up the discussion in the command center: There is still a chance we can destroy the PTS! It will be much more expensive though. Googlie vanished from the chat while testing this in his sim, but he managed to successfully reproduce a destruction of the PTS at least twice (with no failures).

There is still one caveat for me. There could be a unit hiding under the crawler between MM and MI, which would thwart the attack completely.

Anyway, we will resume the chat later, and I can only assume Googlie will fill in all the details.

Comment

Probably no one's interested in this between all the heroic struggles happening, but I've got a little suggestion. After performing an atrocity we'll produce next year (due to solar flares) +- 68 credits and 43.2 labs. However if we switch back to 50-0-50 energy allocations we'd get 59 credits and 72.8 labs. So even though we're not really focusing on research, how about switching back, as we only lose 9 credits but gain 29.6 labs.

Oh yeah, what's the planned moves again for the two first rovers? I keep forgetting, with the chatroom booting us etc.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

here's the sim, as near as I can replicate the defenders, formers, etc around Mussels and Industries

In about ten attempts I have been successful twice, but each time I've ended with a stacked pair and 2 singles

With the failures, though, every time I've finished with 2 stacked pairs, so it's not all bad

Sim deleted due to errors - see replacement below
                            Last edited by Googlie; February 19, 2005, 17:31.

Comment

I think the sequence of attacks, and which rover does what, are crucial.

The final rover needs to have only 1 former to kill so that it can enter MI with 1/3rd or 2/3rds of an MP left so that it can obliterate the base (I was never able to rejoin the other single in the suburbs with that last 1/3rd point)

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                                In about ten attempts I have been successful twice
                                I hope you mean UNsuccesful.
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X