MY 2158 Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There ye go.

I'll check back in an hour to finish the turn. (Probably just after the deadline though) If someone (Googlie?) wants to finish up before that, go ahead of course!

Edit: Btw, an additional advantage of sinking the Hunter could be that they see our destruction of their laser synthfoil as a general campaign to kill their navy, and not an attempt to hide the discovery of an invasion force. Perhaps they'll then hopefully refrain from boosting Morgan Mussels defence.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maniac; February 5, 2005, 19:08.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I think destroying the Hunter could be a pretty good thing. The Morgans won't know which front to defend I'm certainly in favour of the attack.

EDIT: Oh I see you pointed out just that in your edit

Comment

Yes - destroy it.

Their intentions can't be honorable, else they wouldn't be hiding it in the fungus

Comment

Okay, I'm on it.

Comment

............. and it gives Kassi a good argument - Morgan doesn't know in what order we destroyed them, so if we found the Hunter lurking in the fungus just 2 tiles from one of our bases (and I think maybe we should put a probe back in defense there in case there's a 'Gator nearby too) we are entitled to take that as an offensive threat.

Ergo, when we found their laser skimship heading towards a Uni base, we took that as an offensive action as well

Comment

Good points re the diplomatic advantage of sinking the Hunter.

(and I think maybe we should put a probe back in defense there in case there's a 'Gator nearby too)
              Yeah you're right. There's one Gator we haven't got a clue what's its location. From its home base's support screen we know it's front is pointing north. Therefore I thought our laser cruiser might spot it, but it didn't. So who knows where it could be.

As for putting probes back in defense, if I'm correct the two probe teams will be teleported back to Minas Tirith immediately after performing a succesful probe operation against the Hive, so we'll only be vulnerable this turn.

Btw, here's a screenie of the Hunter battle.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                As for putting probes back in defense, if I'm correct the two probe teams will be teleported back to Minas Tirith immediately after performing a succesful probe operation against the Hive, so we'll only be vulnerable this turn.
                Ah, yes - I forgot that

All-in-all, a good turn (altho I liked my popping of the missile speeder better than the eventual 75 ec's we got)

But still, 75 ec's isn't too shabby - good for upgrades to missile weapons

Comment

Good turn guys

I don't think I need to remind you that the sea conflicts this turn are the first human vs. human interfactional battles. And we won! Today, I feel like a true Spartan. (cue Anthem)

Comment

My boys did a good job, didn't they?
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Indeed. On behalf of the Junta I am proud to award you the Medal of True Combat Courage, to celebrate our first success in interhuman combat.

Edit: Oh yeah, how about we appoint Lieutenant Primus Pilus as captain of the ship that sunk the SCC Hunter?

Comment

Working...
                      X