Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY 2158 Planning Thread

Originally posted by Maniac in the 2157 Thread

For next year, how about moving the former and supercrawler a tile north so they don't get attacked by Hive troops?
    Can do - the former was building a road over the mine, so will have an almost instabuild capability when we next put it to work - in contravention of the rules, but as the alternative is losing the former to an attack by Hive forces, I don't see how that can be avoided

And I still don't know what the plans are for the colony pod being commissioned this turn from Fort Soup (is the intent to found it nearby so that it can work one of the boreholes with FS working the other, rather than FS being a megaminerals base?)

Comment

I guess the main purpose was to reduce the nutrient shortage of Fort Superiority.
      In addition, if we found the base after capturing Morgan Industries, we'll get 3 pop.
      Only two drones could be converted to content workers by hoplites though, so the third worker would need to be a doctor for now.
      This means, to prevent starvation, the base would have to be founded where the two productive workers can each harvest 2 nutrients, so there's a total of 6 nuts (together with the base square).
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Wait. Wasn't this Colony Pod supposed to make a base near the Manifold Nexus?
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Re: MY 2158 Planning Thread

Originally posted by Googlie
          Can do - the former was building a road over the mine, so will have an almost instabuild capability when we next put it to work - in contravention of the rules, but as the alternative is losing the former to an attack by Hive forces, I don't see how that can be avoided
          Well one way to avoid avoid breaking the rules (or at least compensate for doing so) is simply to hang around an extra turn or whatever with the former before doing any work.

I can't say I understand this exploit however, could someone humor me and explain it briefly?

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
            Wait. Wasn't this Colony Pod supposed to make a base near the Manifold Nexus?
            No - that is University's pod (currently in the suburbs of Argos about to board the Hermes which is heading north just 2 tiles away)

Comment

OK - turn's up, and some immediate decisions:

Do we kill that Hive probe with R-112 before it boards the Pegasus, or do we let it survive to wreack mayhem against the Angels and Gaians?

(R-112, being Commando, might get a promo to Elite with the kill - and it should certainly be able to board the 'Peg with its second mp)
              Attached Files

Comment

Another decision:

That's a single Hive unit there - why don't we sail the new Mercury from GN into MT, load up a longstrider there, and then anchor beside the cruiser, and try to subvert that Hive unit?
                Attached Files

Comment

While waiting fro comments, some other items:

I saw that Zak had SFF from Lal, so called Zak, and got it sent to us "It is my pleasure, etc etc"

So we didn't have to give anything up for it!!

(And Morgan extracted Superconductor from Yang, so now can deploy Gatling weaponed Plasma armored units)

Comment

Lots of production decisions to be made:
                    Attached Files

Comment

We can pop two pods this turn - the one off the Gaian coast (with Minas Tirith as the nearest base) and t'other at Messena

What do we want to put in MT in case we pop a completion goody? (Maybe a Syntharmored amphibious missile speeder?)

And in Messena? A supercrawler? Missile Cruiser?

Comment

I say leave the Yang Probe and let it hut the others.

As to subverting the Hive unit, I'm not sure yet. We need to figure out all builds before deciding that, methinks. It's a Laser Infantry, right?

As to builds... How about many Missile Rovers?

Pod pops, in case of completion: Maximum Damage (TM) Rover, and Maximum Sea Power (TM) Cruiser.
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

One school of thought suggests that there be at least one best weapon arty unit in each base (to deal with those pesky Spore Launchers that seem to be on visiting IoD's) as well as to pummell the adjacent fungus in quiet times

re the turn ......... I guess I could enact the non-controversial moves (load up the Mercury and park it in the fungus offshore Climatic Research), etc

Comment

The Disco Volante is Elite, so has 9 movement points. Where to send it? Gaian or Angels infiltration?

Comment

Hmmm - I loaded up the Mercury with the 4 Elite Impact Rovers and then parked it outside Climatic Research - right next to a Morgan laser foil !!!

I guess the GeneralTacticus will have to destroy it and leave the explanations for Kassi to cope with !!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X