No announcement yet.

2152: Pre-planning discussion and build/movement orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our bases sorted by Mineral production (with builds and pops)
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
      Rio Grande's changed course again.
      The mysteries of the Rio Grande seem unsolvable.

Anyway, the turn looks great! Also great to see Argos is immediately so productive.

Had to take a worker offline at Sparta Commandm and move the sliders to 20% psych to stop other drone problems, but there may be simpler ways
      Possible other option could be to leave all the workers where they were, make the SC1 2-1-0 worker a doctor, and move a SC1 garrison to SC2. Don't know if this is any better though than your solution.

Btw, I don't understand why you changed some of the former orders. Some days ago you yourself suggested that two formers went to terraform near or a build a road to Messene. However now they're removing some fungus.
      Also in the chat for the previous turn you suggested to let the formers then around OA to mine around SC1. Yet now one moved west to build a farm, one stayed put where it was last turn, and one moved south to help out there.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        Btw, I don't understand why you changed some of the former orders. Some days ago you yourself suggested that two formers went to terraform near or a build a road to Messene. However now they're removing some fungus.
        That was just a holding manoeuver as they'd reached the end of their turn. Obviously to sit there for 4 turns just to clear fungus from a 10 meter river tile doesn't make sense

Also in the chat for the previous turn you suggested to let the formers then around OA to mine around SC1. Yet now one moved west to build a farm, one stayed put where it was last turn, and one moved south to help out there.
        AHA - I couldn't find instructions in this thread above, so I gave what seemed to make sense orders.

Tomcat SC-1 (sw of SC) is intended to link SC and GH to shorten travel time between those bases

FB-2 is continuing the road to MT

SanCit-1 didn't have the mp's to move onto the SC rocky tile so bogged down at the Monolith

And I thought that 59:15 had already been identified (rolling and rainy) as a farm location that could be worked by either SC2 or OA
        Last edited by Googlie; December 17, 2004, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
          That was just a holding manoeuver as they'd reached the end of their turn.
          I don't understand. Isn't there the risk they could use up their turn before they could be reactivated next turn to do something else?

Comment

When you activate them next turn again they carry that 1st turn along with them (or any number that they've partially completed).

But storing then moving is illegal per the rules (instacomplete of mines, forests, etc) - however 1 turn isn't storing - it's just not wasting it (versus if a former has completed something this turn - say a farm, then you put it to building, say, a sensor - that's against the rules, 'cos it then hoards that additional turn when you then move it next turn. But following the end of a movement sequence with a terraform command isn't though, 'cos you could legitimately start it doing something that turn. (ie it just carries that first one with it - it doesn't add 1 complete every time it stops - and if you don't put it to terraform something every stop it loses that first one)

(At least that's how I've had that generally accepted PBEM rule explained in games I've CMN'd)

Comment

Ah I didn't know that thanks.

Comment

So I guess it's OK to post the turn with EthCalc and Soc Psych sent to the Angels on a pre-accepted basis?

(see IT Mart's post in the Embassy - they're fairly sure that they'll get Int Int offerred, and if not, will just select something the gaians have and get that something from them.)

Comment

Sounds great!
                  Sorry for the delay I caused.

Comment

No Prob - that's why 8 heads are better than 1!!

endturn is now final (no last minute changes)

2152 passed on to the Gaians

Comment

Working...
                    X