The Mess Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ACDGII is anything to go by, she can re-enter any time she wants

She "de-registered" from the list of civmembers for all the factions, but unless any have actually banned her (as was done with E_N) then she just needs to hit "Join" and reactivation is automatic

(At least it was with me last game when I resigned, and quit the forums, then relented and just self-reactivated)

G.

Comment

• Ahh, good to know then.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• What did I miss?

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
          What did I miss?
          In what context?
          • The birth of The Spartan Federation
          • Enigma_Nova's cheats exposed
          • HongHu's defense of E_N (and quitting 'Poly when that defense was unsuccessful)
          • Maniac getting ticketed for speeding in Bruges
          • Succesful brewing of the first batch of Fungal Gin

Comment

• Ack, with all of these rivers with the word "Rio" in them I can't seem to shake that song by Duran Duran out of my head!
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Hehe, we have to ask what HongHu was thinking of.

We can imagine what Maniac's reasons were.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• We can imagine what Maniac's reasons were.
                Indeed. I was test-driving a new recon rover model.

Question : why are our bases so far apart?

-Jam
                Because the Junta said they should be of course.

Btw, I used your post in the map thread to post the 2107 picture. I hope you don't mind.
                Last edited by Maniac; July 21, 2004, 13:25.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Googlie,

I sent the heart of fire strategy and stuff zip to xxxlinfrew@aol.comxxx. Not sure if that's the right place to send it.

It's not a 10 year plan by the way.

Comment

• uh-oh - it's a 20 year plan?

But why don't you continue in that game and I'll replace E_N? Most players don't seem to mind if you have seen all the positions (it'd be just like having the Empath Guild, or being Governor)

I've been having some trouble with AOL - not getting messages from people. I may have the anti-spam controls too tight. I'll wait to hear what you think about continuimng before I try to see where it's been hidden

G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                      What did I miss?

-Jam
                      2 world wars. get with the progam

Comment

• LOL - Rip van Jamski

Comment

• Oooh, are we giving Jamski a Jamski?
                          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• Googlie,

I'll wait to hear what you think about continuimng before I try to see where it's been hidden
                            I was wondering why you hadn't commented on my recent strategy idea.

Nah not 20 years or 10 years or even 5 years, simply it was too early to decide how I was going to develop. I was still trying to figure out the balance between defence/explore/offence and build based on what was occuring in the rest of the game. I don't think your metagame should become fixed that early. Also to gain turn advantage I neglected nearby exploration since there weren't any pods. The fact I don't have much of my homeland explored means continuing adjustments to my plans as I slowly explore.

I think PBEMs are not for me, I actually decided that before I started the HoF game. I was mainly playing because I didn't want to disappoint the others.

Reasons for not wanting to play PBEMs is a combination of things. I lean towards building or making things and that doesn't require multiplayer games to do unless it's a very cooperative activity. I feel a bit pressured with people constantly referring to me as the likely winner (even though I know they were mainly doing it to undermine me diplomatically). I perfer to do burst work, concentrate very intently on one thing at a time, difficult to do with PBEMs. Just about all the original players in the game have drifted away. It makes Enigma feel better about what happened if he feels I'm suffering by removing myself from PBEMs. Also I've learnt alot of cheats and stuff in the last few months from meddling playing with the game and reading the forums. While I can tell myself that I won't cheat, I'm not sure if I can trust myself if I get mad at someone etc. Also the game was heading for a very likely win for one of the members of the southern alliance assuming that the game continues minus Enigma (I've really got to stop gravitating towards super alliances).

My reasons for continuing. The players in the game are fairly nice. I had a roleplay story going (which I unfortunately negelected). I somehow managed to get a 3 way pact going before turn 2125 even though the game had non-cooperative victory settings. I didn't want to disappoint the other players or my pact mates.

In my mind I guess the reasons against continuing outweighed the reasons for.

Comment

• Did those French win in the end?

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
                                I was wondering why you hadn't commented on my recent strategy idea.
                                Does the strategy plan you sent to Googlie also include info about this here?

In other news I figured out a legal new strategy for making decent money when you're a spartan player just 1 hour ago. *grins to himself at his own cleverness*

Proved that it works too. I wonder what Jamski would give to extract the information from me to help his spartan faction.

Oh brilliant, I just realised something! It's not capped!

Meaning in later in the game it'll be much better investment wise than crawlers.
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X