Gaian Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaian Diplomacy

In this thread I hope to consolidate our Gaian diplomacy efforts.

I sent this to Chaos theory after Illuminatus told me that he was not a member of the team anymore (he still serves as modertor).

If I don't get a response back from Chaos Theory before I have to post I'll offer a treaty preaccepted.

Mead

Hello Chaos Theory,

I sent the below to Illuminatus last night. I understand from him that he posted it in your internal forums.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Mead

PS
    I'll have to post the Morgan turn in six hours due to RL obligations and I would like to, if possible, finalize a trade with you before then.

Mead wrote on 17-02-2005 23:31:
    Hello Illuminatus

It is good to meet you.

I will need to log off shortly for the evening but will log on again tomorrow. The Corporation is very pleased to make your acquantince and would be happy to work with you in matters of that would be mutually beneficial.

Please let us know how we can be of assistance?

Mead

PS

I would give a more lengthy greeting, but it is very late for me right now (I'm tired) and I wanted to give you a heads as soon as possible so we can discuss business tomorrow before I have to post the turn. (i.e. what would you like from us and what would you like to offer in return)

PM exchange between Chaos Theory and myself re: tech trades and treaty:

Chaos Theory wrote on 18-02-2005 14:09:
    I just woke up. There is no need for a hasty trade. We can spend a turn or two discussing our goals and desires before deciding on future actions.
    I don't want to rush you, although we are concerned that th Spartans are running away with the game and it may be too late to stop them already, but if you prefer we can discuss tech trades later.

I have finished playing the turn and posted it in the intenal Morgan forum. Because I have to go away for the weekend, I will no be able to post it in the turn playe thread.

I asked #endgme to review the turn, send a treaty to you preaccepted, and post the turn in the turnplayer thread.

I propose that you accept the treaty while we discuss possible tech trades in the future.

Mead

Comment

latest to Chaos

Chaos

I believe you will find a Treaty offered to you preaccepted in the Turn. I was unable to finish or post the turn but asked jtsisyoda to put it in the diplo box.

I ask you accept the treaty.

I also ask you to send us a Pact back to us.

I am very concerned that Sparta is running away with the game and if we do not act quickly we will be unable to stop them.

We have both HEC and Impact availalble for trade. Please let me know what techs you have available for trade.

Mead

Comment

I'm sorry, I must've missed your message-- I didn't put any treaty in the diplo box. Since I didn't open the original turn, I wasn't 100% sure we had their commlink from the DA (in the time I had to finsih the turn I couldn't figure this out). Please tell them it was an intra-team communication error on my part, and we still want a treaty.
        "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Originally posted by jtsisyoda
          I'm sorry, I must've missed your message-- I didn't put any treaty in the diplo box. Since I didn't open the original turn, I wasn't 100% sure we had their commlink from the DA (in the time I had to finsih the turn I couldn't figure this out). Please tell them it was an intra-team communication error on my part, and we still want a treaty.
          OK.

Comment

Latest to Gaia

If there is still a chance to survive Sparta I propose that Gaians, DA, Morgans form a Pact alliance.

Mead

PS
            It may be too late to hold back the Spartans but we can try.

Comment

Gaians Accept Pact

Chaos Theory accepted the Pact, see below:
              Re: Greetings From the Corporation

quote:

Chaos Theory wrote on 04-03-2005 19:30:
              We have chosen to accept your offer of a Pact. Included with this acceptance are diplobots. We have discovered that electronic diplomats are much more efficient than the conventional kind, and every bit as able to process your questions and respond to unexpected situations. Tampering with diplobots may cause them to sprout mind worms, and is not recommended.
              We are greatly pleased to welcome you as a Pactmate. We look forward to working with you.

Mead

PS
              What do they mean by diplobots? Is that just roleplay or are they something real?

Comment

I sent this to Chaos.

Are you in Pact with the DA yet?

We are not yet in Pact with them. If you are not yet in Pact with the DA do you mind us telling them that we are in Pact with you.

Mead

PS
                If they Pact with us they will, of course, realize that we are Pacted with you as well.

PPS
                Since we are now Pacted please review what we have in the way of techs and offer proposals of how we can both can quickly reach DAP and choppers.

If you have other research suggestions we would be happy to discuss them with you.

Comment

Awesome!! Let's hope the DA consider joining - maybe an "unofficial" pact not to disturb the Spartans reading infoboxes...

I guess diplobots is a kind of roleplaying - dunno what else they should be?

Small note tech-wise: We also strive for Bio-Engineering to be able to actually support a fair number of jets and choppers.

Comment

Suggestion: We gift SotHB and EnvEcon to Gaia and they should switch to Neural Grafting which they will give us in return as soon as they finished researching it. => Leapfrogging to BioEng and MMI.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiD
                      Suggestion: We gift SotHB and EnvEcon to Gaia and they should switch to Neural Grafting which they will give us in return as soon as they finished researching it. => Leapfrogging to BioEng and MMI.

I am worried about bringing them up to speed tech wise unless we a re truly in a deathfight with Sparta.

I'm thinking about it.

Mead

Comment

How do you know we aren't in a deathfight with Sparta?

They are way behind tech-wise and these two techs do not really boost them - not even Neural Grafting.

(Don't want to interrupt your thinking though )
                        test
                        Last edited by AndiD; March 12, 2005, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiD
                          How do you know we aren't in a deathfight with Sparta?

They are way behind tech-wise and these two techs do not really boost them - not even Neural Grafting.

(Don't want to interrupt your thinking though )
                          Agreed, death fight it is.

Do you want to gift them this turn?

I'm not sure we have enough time to coordinate and get concurrence of the Morgan faction, as well as an agreement from Gaia.

Can we do it next turn and get same (or similair) benefit?

Mead

PS
                          I have to log off now and will not return for ~ 10 hours.

Comment

We can do it until the turn where Gaia researches EnvEcon so still seven turns time. You can work it out at your discretion.

Comment

Latest to Chaos:

Chaos

We would like to offer you Env Eco and SotHB in return for you changing your research priority to Neural Grafting for you to reseach it and send it to us once you get Neural Grafting.

Once you receive Env Eco and SotHB from us you should be able your reasearch goal to Neural Grafting. And having Env Eco, you should be able to resaerch a lot faster.

Mead

PS
                              We would also like to trade maps with you showing the extent of Sparta's sprawl. thye have the borehole cluster, Manifold Nexus, Unity Crash Wreckage, plus their own continent and most (except 3 cities) of Uni. Their homeland is North of you.

Do you need a copy of Sparta's map?
                              Do you have infiltration of Sparta?

PPS
                              Based upon what we have learned of Sparta's mass and capabilities I propose that Morgan, Gaia, and DA form a 3 way Pact for a period of time (let's set it for 15 years?). There should be a set period of time we can all agree to.

With the joint Pact we might be able to hold off Sparta.

Let's hold off sending Gaia the screenshots of Sparta for now. We already have them as a Pactmate. My intent for sending the screenshots to the DA is to try to influence them to become a Pactmate. I have no problem in trading maps with Gaia, but don't want to give them the screenshots 'for free' when we don't have to.

Mead

Comment

Working...
                              X