Future Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Plans

I was planning to write this after we built the PTS (if we did), and when we'd reach the AIs in a few turns.

For the immediate future, we should get some decent offensive or defensive tech and build a decent defense force since the Spartans are our neighbors and it wouldn't be tough for them to do a successful invasion now. Ideally, we would weapons from someone else, but it will take ~5 turns for the transport foil to reach the island. Would it be wise to ask Spartans for weapons tech? I know it sounds stupid, but I'd think they can tell if we don't have weapons tech by trying to trade it. If we are really desperate we can change our research to lasers next turn.

As Morgan, we get big commerce bonuses. We should try to use those bonuses to their fullest. In particular with the Global Trade pact in effect, with techs IA, IE and planetary Economics, and running FM & wealth only a total of 17 energy is needed in our base and the trading faction's base for us to get 3 energy. That's a nice little amount, but if we get trade routes with every faction (except for the Hive) it will add up. Unfortunately, the other players will be stingy in commerce (as we have already seen with the Spartans)...

Getting the global trade pact passed will be a challenge in itself, especially if we have to deal with the Chairman of the Planetary council's veto. Get the Global Trade pact passed before the head of the planetary council is elected is probably the easiest way to get it passed, combined with large scale bribery.

Election to the head of the planetary council would be nice for the +1 trade per route, but I doubt anyone will support electing a human to its head. It'll probably end up being Yang.

Planetary Eco is straight after Adapt. Eco. with Intelectual Integrity, so if we can find someone with it, it would make a nice tech after Adapt. Eco. We'd get the Ascetic Virtues as well as well global trade pact, and the ability to buy planet.

We will soon have 12 bases. If we get the PTS, we can switch to 18 bases (with demo) with 20% psych to keep everyone happy. It's a nice little situation to be in.

Beyond that we could go to 27 bases, or pop boom our bases.

Pop booming our bases will require tree farms (and Enviro Eco) and other expensive drone control facilities.

Expanding to 27 bases will require rec commons in all our bases, or 4 psych per base, or switching out of FM so we can use police.
    Last edited by arginine; October 9, 2004, 20:29.

From our trade standpoint:

Human factions: will trade. will demand we share our profits.
    Hive: will not trade.
    PKs & University: will trade. will not demand we share profits.

We are in business to maximize our profits. If we had to have anyone get conquered, it would be a faction that will give the least profits, namely the Hive followed by the Human Factions.

I am afraid the PKs & University will be gobbled up by the human factions... Without trading partners, we lose our strengths, exposing our weaknesses.

The Spartan military can be directed at pushing PKs and University into assisting us in council votes, research, agreeing to alliance (for increased trade), and maybe even get them to declare war on the humans. The Spartan military can then attack the other humans or the Hive.

There is a possibility that during alliance that Spartans will overpower us. The devil is in the details. Hopefully, we can use the Spartans, while retaining our power.

If we wanted to start, a trade agreement would do. We would trade some semi important tech for impactor weaponry (if we want a quick military for quick defense in we fear a Spartan backstab).

A next step could be us giving the Spartans excess money (our sign of support). They can get the computers to vote for us for governor and agree to trade agreements. Once we get the PTS, our population might make us a candidate for head of the planetary council (against Yang and the PKs).

I think the Spartans could be very helpful to us, provided we don't let them eat us.
    Last edited by arginine; October 11, 2004, 19:30.

Comment

Nicely said. Especially the last part. Let´s hope they don´t act as I would, if I were Spartan...
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Working...
      X