• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic contact with Morgans

Greetings From the Corporation
    Hello Illuminatus

It is good to meet you.

I will need to log off shortly for the evening but will log on again tomorrow. The Corporation is very pleased to make your acquantince and would be happy to work with you in matters of that would be mutually beneficial.

Please let us know how we can be of assistance?

Mead

PS

I would give a more lengthy greeting, but it is very late for me right now (I'm tired) and I wanted to give you a heads as soon as possible so we can discuss business tomorrow before I have to post the turn. (i.e. what would you like from us and what would you like to offer in return)
    I got this from Mead. Seem Spartans met you. I informed him that I no longer actively participate in the faction and that he redirects future messages through CT, the most active faction member. Since I am posting here, some tips: ask Morgans how they got your frequency - probably bought it from Hive. Ouro, CT, Bin, diplomatic forum on Eventis is back online - why is no one using it?
    If you need another diplomatic forum to be created on Eventis for Morgans, let me know. Things to do with Morgans - inquire about war with Sparta, about their techs and willingness to trade, and find if they have Angel frequency too. In any case by having now contact with Morgans you have gained significant leverage in dealing with Spartans. They may now threat you but now they can fear credits and techs coming from Morgan. You could also ask Morgans to persuade Yang to forge truce with you - that would probably scare Spartans.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Will be using eventis, last time I checked it was somewhat slow (404 error), since then been overly busy.

For first we should know maybe they lack some tech (would you check it CT please?)

And I'd like to ask Ouro to compile the answer message according to Illuminatus' points.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

From Mead:

Chaos Theory wrote on 18-02-2005 14:09:
      I just woke up. There is no need for a hasty trade. We can spend a turn or two discussing our goals and desires before deciding on future actions.

I don't want to rush you, although we are concerned that th Spartans are running away with the game and it may be too late to stop them already, but if you prefer we can discuss tech trades later.

I have finished playing the turn and posted it in the intenal Morgan forum. Because I have to go away for the weekend, I will no be able to post it in the turn playe thread.

I asked #endgme to review the turn, send a treaty to you preaccepted, and post the turn in the turnplayer thread.

I propose that you accept the treaty while we discuss possible tech trades in the future.

Mead
      Truth and propaganda together. Of course, if they reveal to us provably-accurate intelligence on the Spartans, all the better.

For what it's worth, we have no tech that they don't.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

As for Eventis, two Angels had mentioned problems when dealing with the new forum. As for com, I'll see what I can cobble up in the next couple hours. Next two week is spring break here, so I've got no idea what I'll be doing.

Comment

You're in Alaska, and you call February spring??
          -BBC news

Comment

[size = 1]Originally posted by Mead:[/size]
            Treaty Offer

Chaos

I believe you will find a Treaty offered to you preaccepted in the Turn. I was unable to finish or post the turn but asked jtsisyoda to put it in the diplo box.

I ask you accept the treaty.

I also ask you to send us a Pact back to us.

I am very concerned that Sparta is running away with the game and if we do not act quickly we will be unable to stop them.

We have both HEC and Impact availalble for trade. Please let me know what techs you have available for trade.

Mead
            -BBC news

Comment

Sounds like the Morganites are really eager to get on our good side. However, until recently, it looked like the Morganites were going to blow us away. It would be unwise to associate so strongly with a contender for the lead at this point. Besides, we shouldn't be dragged into another war.
              -BBC news

Comment

I think treaty is good but we should think fpr awhile for the PACT.
                If we have anything to trade, let us acquire HEC from them!
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Morgan is fiercely clamoring for our support:

Originally posted by Mead:
                  Well, what do you guys want to do?

It looks like Morgan might be gone.

We can try to hold on for a while, but it looks like Sparta may have truly run away with the game. From what we can see they have eaten Uni, are gobbling the Hive, and have devastated Morgan. I am not sure if they are going for Gaia or DA next. They had a transport full of Elite Impact rovers in the seas near DA, but also share the same sea as Gaia.

I still propose the Pact, although it my ability to partake in the game, as well as the the Morgan's ability to survive may be limited.

BTW they have missiles and may now have DAP.
                  [size = 1]Originally posted by Mead:[/size]
                  If there is still a chance to survive Sparta I propose that Gaians, DA, Morgans form a Pact alliance.

Mead

PS
                  It may be too late to hold back the Spartans but we can try.
                  Are only two Gaians interested in the future of the faction? Ouro, I know you're around at least sometime. Is anyone else still visiting this forum?
                  -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                    I think treaty is good but we should think fpr awhile for the PACT.
                    No point in pacting unless you get Angles on board too in an overt attempt to squeeze out the Spartans
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

A Pact will strengthen both Morgan and us against Sparta.

Comment

However, Morgan may become too strong if we pact with them. We want balance, but have limited information.
                        -BBC news

Comment

More of the same: we're weak, they're strong.

Re: Greetings From the Corporation

Chaos Theory

Thank you for the treaty.

We are still eager to do tech trading or a Pact.

We have available Missiles, HEC, and everone's commlink.

We will offer a Pact to you in the diplobox which you can accept if you are interested. If you would like us to trade tech then please let me know what you would like to exchange.

Mead

PS
                          Please note that the Spartans did exceptional damamge during the last turn. I did not expect them to commit atrocities.

PPS
                          With MCC and fast (crusier) transports their elite rovers are a lot closer to everyone. This could end up being a very short game.
                          -BBC news

Comment

Since I haven't had a chance to look at recent turns, what exactly did transpire? I got a taste of it from reading the 'papers'... something about Sparta raiding Morgan. I do understand that Sparta is starting to get on a roll, somthing very hard to stop in any strategy game. What is their total military strength now? What would the strength of a pact between our factions be?

Comment

We don't know just how strong they are militarily, but they're strong enough to take the Morganite capital, though not strong enough to hold it. A pact between us and them wouldn't be worth much to them, I'd expect.
                              -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                              X