No announcement yet.

2191-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the team traffic the Spartans seem to have, I expect a follow-up next turn somewhere.

The possibilities I can think of are a dropped colony pod, a naval invasion on the Chokepoint peninsula or an amphibious attack somewhere on the south coast (their rovers had 3 turns then to 'rest' onboard).
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Mid turn 2191 sent to Geo and Mart.

In essence I undertook the ideas suggested.

Three drop infantry units in 18, 52

The spartan foil and cruiser destroyed near our drop probe.

3 formers upgraded to clean

1 scout in DC upgraded to Drop Police

We have of course the Neural Amp.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

There are still some changes and move possibilities: like some scouting patrols.

We can't go into FM yet until we get the Punishment sphere built, otherwise a lot of our bases suffer from the Pacifism drones.

Comment

Can my ambassador please see if we can obtain some ecs and techs from the Morgans in order to upgrade more formers and scouts to clean.

Comment

Turn 2191 sent on. Nothing much more to add.

Is there a strategy. Yes

Still operation Mayhem, but still with an eye towards Yang.

After drop cp build I am looking to build transport in RPS.

Comment

In a game we played, ganging up on Uni, a player loaded a transport with rovers and set off towards a key base, the long way round.

Eventually he succeeded in capturing the base with 1 turn left and self destructed, wiping out some key SPs.

A similiar sort of sacrifice may be required in this game.

Comment

Do you think you might succeed in sneaking past the Hiverian coastline all the way to the coast near Sparta Command?
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

If the Spartans are to be beaten somebody's got to do it if not us.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                    Do you think you might succeed in sneaking past the Hiverian coastline all the way to the coast near Sparta Command?
                    olympus and spartacommand are the bases to go for. a northern aproach along the univ\spartan area(northeren acadia)

we would need to take vladistock and then at least olympus.probably they have 1-1-1 cop in most cities, so if detection is avioded could take them with 6-7 amp rovers

they almost certainly are not patroling the whole area,i think their airforce is very overestimated atm, from a variety of sources....they arnt moving in on us with transports imo,after seeing our resistance

imho cancel operation mayhem and resume activites with an eye towards nailing sparta.i think my long-lost idea of checking in every crawler and scrapping things to rush interceptors would have been good seeing the lack of ground attack and spartan attitudes.

a little bird says a zillion hive are moving on morgan,so whenever we can kill those S air units maybe attack hive. the 'block with drop' thing to kill S units is
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Remember our probe foil between the Gaian and the Hive coast. They spotted it at once at took it down.

It takes only 3-4 cheap cruisers to screen the approach to their coasts there. I'm pretty sure they have that running around.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

We need Gaians and Morgan to sign up to vendetta against Spartan.

They can keep it quiet for now but a plan would be helpful. I suppose we all must wait for fusion.

Comment

Again, if we're to do such a thing, one of us better not researches Fusion Power until we're sure the Spartans have it as well.
                          (but probably that point is moot, since they have all the preq tech at this stage)
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It takes only 3-4 cheap cruisers to screen the approach to their coasts there. I'm pretty sure they have that running around.
                            i think not

im surprised the gaians had a clean\drop for us.i didnt see it in any cities

judging by things,i think spartans will be getting bio-eng and then fusion in 10 turns or less? of course theres always the tech choices prob,which always hangs me up(yes i know how to predict them,just too much effort)
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                              i think not
                              I'm not going to argue here. If you can't read a map and plot a proper scouting tour then there's simply no use.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Operation Mayhem is no longer needed, after Spartans got PSA and HSA. I also believe Spartans have Orbital Spaceflight from like 2189.

I think we need now more energy, and we could do it ourselves by going Free Market, turning off research, maybe:
                                70% economy, 20 psych, 10 research or something like that.
                                Using energy to upgrade units, build facilities that are needed.
                                We gave techs to Morganities, and Gaians got 2 techs from us too: PSA + Cyberethics. Priority for us might be getting these 3 techs:
                                - Fusion Power
                                - Advanced Spaceflight (shard, attack 13)
                                - Orbital Spaceflight
                                We might get it from Morgans and Gaians, so research of ours might be not that important. Any energy from M or G would be now very low. Any tech from them is much more valuable.
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest
                                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                                X