Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ForesterSOF has applied to join the Angels, as have a couple of others. Is Herc still active? Will he authorise them?

Just a prompter.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

't Might be that Herc is winding down from an outdoor weekend. He's off offen then.
    I've seen him online lately, but not today yet.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

He just added me and at least one other person.

Off to lots of reading
      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Two new people authorised

ForesterSOF and Zufrix

I'll let them introduce them selves. Zufrix is here to watch and learn but I hope he won't feel intimidated as to not post.

ForesterSOF appears keen.

So A big welcome to you both.

And don't forget to put your email address in the contact details thread.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Hi guys, welcome and feel free to contribute.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Introductions

Hey everybody thanks for letting me in!

Like hercules said I want to watch and learn, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute in a short time. I just got back from a trip so I'll read up on the other topics and try to get a feel for how you guys do things around here

--Zufrix
            dants@iname.com

Comment

'kay, you're my replacement then... I'm leaving for a trip shortly.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Also a big Welcome to Civilian Jones.

And I am going to find out what Fleeda has to offer.

All the new Datajacks please put your email address in the the Rollcall thread.

I will email you the Angels password then so that you can open the turn yourself to examine options in more detail.

But if you don't have multiplayer MArt does a great job with posting the turn screenshot.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I am slightly annoyed we lost Fleeda to the Gaians, but there you go. Seems a lively sort.

I did investigate when she applied but could find nothing about her.

I hope our other recent new members will chip in from time to time. Or at least indicate they are watching and learning.

A lot of new people (me included, back then), don't appreciate the importance placed on Industrial Auto to the MP game.

Comment

While I am here.

Members of factions have a tendency to fall into at least 6 main camps with of course opportunities for overlap.

The game playing camp:
                      The diplomacy camp:
                      The micromanagement camp:
                      The role playing camp:
                      The observing/learning camp:
                      The casual camp:

There might also be the research camp and
                      The Strategy camp but I classify those players as being in the Game playing camp.

Are the camps important?

Well in the last ACDG2 game, in the end game, the diplomacy team kept the Pirates alive beyond their sell by date.

In brief, good Human faction Diplomatic relations oils the flow of the game.

Micromanagement helps gain incremental steps/ advantage: A case in point being the current discussion regarding instabuilding (are you familar with this concept), the PEG.

Here we are reviewing the number of crawlers available to us to instabuild PEG 2151 and if we have enough energy.

Mart showed how by rehoming the Verres Lift crawler to Snowflake, we can gain some extra ecs.

Those extra ecs, add up and make a difference as to options, rushing facilities/units.

If you do not have the Password to open the Sav file, let me know I will send it to your email address.

The Role playing part is also important as it keeps our overall faction spirits up and it also gives faction members an opportunity to contribute to the Data Angels faction well being.

Otherwise this all does reduce to a straightforward pbem game.

At the moment 1 December 2004,
                      All of the factions have not met yet so main forum interaction, from the game perspective can't happen. Though if everyone knows that two human factions have met they could conduct open discussion if they choose.

Likewise if we all know that every one has met Yang then we could conduct a lively ? debate with Yang in the main Forum.

A good training ground for game/strategy followers will be the turn tracking thread and the turn players observations.

Here the Data Angels password to open the saves is important. If you don't have these and want them, contact me.

A good training ground for diplomats and role players are the special inter faction private forums. Here you can watch and contribute but bear in mind the official Ambassador is the one who's voice counts (otherwise why have an Ambassador). So far we have been very well served.
                      If you want to join these forums please, please let me know and lets the Mods know.

Who are the Mods?

Four of the most prolific posters in the last game were Kody, Drogue, Tassadar and Honghu/Snowflake. They and Buster are the Mods for this game.

Good, yes but 75% of the posting (spamming has also disappeared). Caveat: during play and afterwords we also learnt a lot of useful tips.

Finally, we too, collectively are exploring what is regarded as one of the weakest factions of the 12 Human factions.

We have not been blessed with the best start position in relation to the Hive and our faction advantage may take some time to achieve.

So please participate as best you can.

All comments welcome and don't be upset if sometimes we are a bit abrupt.

Comment

As far as camps I see myself in all except the Diplo and Micro.

I am strong on making a good military for deturence and researching like crazzy.

Where you start, the situation, is half the stratagy challenge.

In Role and just on this planet I would want to secure my position and then branch out working in many areas at the same time to increase the effect of MRM (MultiResource Managment).

I do have the pass and look at all turnes but at the moment I am just sitting back letting you do your micro start.

I see 2151, or shortly after, as the turning point where my input may affect things. Untill then just watching and reading mostly.

Another suggestion could be to make everyone a Govenor of their own city forcing people to be pulled into the decision of what to do. The negative ovcourse is that all Govenors would have to work together to a common goal.

With the posible interaction of DAs I would be willing to give this a try.

If not Govenors we could make areas (Research, Economy, Drones/Psy, Military, Ecology, etc) Divisions
                        Last edited by ForesterSOF; December 2, 2004, 01:19.
                        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Tassadar is currently a player in Morgan, but was a mod in the last game. Method is the 4th mod for this current game.

Comment

Thanks Kody, How could I forget the wonderful Method.

Kody are you in deep backgound, observing and not posting or is this a casual drive-by corrective?

Comment

And a big welcome to Cataphract887, who has joined us at possibly temporarily disappointing moment.

So just read evrything Cataphract887 and feel free to ask any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X