No announcement yet.

Road to Lucidity – The Data Angels History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Roze? There are hints of the original leaders in the other factions story. Was wondering what the Angels did to their leader?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Who do you think 001 is? Darn forgot to make that new codename -and base thread. Will do tomorrow (I hope).

She runs the Covert Ops in
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

One wonders why she left important decisions to other people ...
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

We'll think on that... probably be something along the lines of wanting information to be free, and by having her council run things she's less likly to become some kind of dictator, especially with the council rotation.

Oh, and Snow, please check your other story post... just had to add something to it, sorry...
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Well, probe information is a cornerstone in the Angel factional setup. Indirectly Roze controls (or at least directs a bit) the way the faction is run by choosing when and where certain info becomes available. As CO-001 she's the first with access to ALL incoming information, domestic or foreign. She might be a free-minded spirit, but might as well try to keep things the way she likes them. At least, that's how I see it.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ahh I see your point FF. Thanks for tipping me to notice it. I might want to put your sentences for the next monolith though. Let me think about it a bit ...

And I think I've got the feelings for Roze now, thanks guys!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Sounds good too.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

2104 Angels

… The coastline … a new river … It’s quite short … 003’s fingers danced on her touch pad, revealing frames after frames of images, and sending out responsive commands out to different ends of the network. Our little empire. She mused to herself. She couldn’t wait to see more of what was out there. Perhaps she should allocate some energy credits to hurry the probe team trainings.

003 wished that she could have somebody to talk about it. She really missed 042. It seemed that her recently assigned second 005 was never in this operation room. I bet he was wandering around his monoliths again. She wondered if there was another monolith hiding in that little patch of fungus. The poisonous fungal emissions were too strong for the scout to close in right now. 003 started to feel a little frustrated while her fingers continuously manipulated the dataclouds. … Ahh, Nessus Canyon. Her eyes were caught by a little dent in the map and her spirit was lifted up a bit remembering what 042 had told her before. Could be a good base site around there. The minerals would definitely help.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2105 Angels

Datajack 005 wandered in the operation room. “It’s a monolith.”

Startled, 003 turned back to him. “How do you know?”

“Look.” 005 continued to stare at the touch screen. Sure enough, the dataclouds disentangled through three layers of encryption and turned into a brown colored obelisk shape structure.

Hmmm … 003 wondered if they would have to switch to another encryption system if Sinder 001 knew that 005 could read dataclouds.

“I can’t read dataclouds.” Datajack 003 was startled again. Could he read her minds now? “I just have a strange sensation whenever it comes to the monoliths.” 005 talked dreamingly.

003 activated the encryption sequence again and the image was scrambled into swirling dataclouds. “We’ll finish researching Industrial Base next year. Also found our southern coastline. I wonder if there is a land bridge over there to the west?” She was going to talk about rushing the probes before she realized that her last question was unanswered.

Datajack 005 was gone.
                    Last edited by Snowflake; July 30, 2004, 13:27.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2106 Angels

“Rush the probe in Enigma. Stockpile. Leave scout where it is, ready to pop next turn. Set research to Century Ecology. Zerek moves to east.” Datajack 003 maneuvered the data streams, while 005 stood behind her, speaking as if he was dictating what 003 should do. 003 was annoyed that no matter how fast she attempted to act, 005’s words always came exactly before she sent out her orders. She was bewildered when he had studied the Angels’ data. This 005 was so different from the others. At least with him wandering around, this room did not seem so empty any more.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

There, FlameFlash, your glourious moments.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Looking nice, Snowflake.

Is it your intention to tell the history from the Sinders' point of view all the time?

Perhaps an idea... if in future a major argument arises between the faction members, perhaps 001 can be put in the history as the 'solver' or 'peacemaker' when concensus is finally reached (or a large majority has it's way).
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'm thinking something along the line, like when 003 complaining about her command being bounced back by 002, since he was the second of 001. And that 005 tells 003 about the Angels' being anarchy, and that everybody could grab the commanding role like what 042 did, but nobody's ever been able to challenge 001 for she controlled the probe actions and knows all the info all there is, etc.

Was also thinking about a "shaddow" movement growing stronger, perhaps replacing the commanding lead of 003 in time, say, in turn 20 or something.

The Angels history would be from the sinders view I think, unless you have other good suggestions. Though when contacts are made there would be more varieties in the stories I hope.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Ah, me being a 'shadower' then

Nice idea as well.
                              Keep it non-violent please, we merely battle through our dataclouds, not physically...
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Exactly.

The shadow idea being consistent with your evil smile when you log off and back on.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X