IC-stories clearance thread before release to the Pholus Network Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC-stories clearance thread before release to the Pholus Network Magazine

Ok, here is a contribution to Kody's magazine. I tried to make it so that some other faction members may try to get factional info out of it (base -and unit descriptions). If someone thinks he spotted something in the text that reveals info about us, post it...

009 received a private summons from 001, something so rare as not to be ignored.
    009 had to move from censored (hereby referred to as base ) to censored (hereby referred to as base ) since her Network Tag was situated there.
    The cloaked foil 009 used in order to get faster in was one of the Unity's pré-dropped foils, converted for use in shallow waters and have less visibility for a dangerous and newly discovered native lifeform, tagged xxx for now.
    After a swift journey 009 arrived at the Outward Quay of and received a one-time coded tracker by the QuayJack, which would lead him to 001's booth. Two years had passed since 009 was last in , and quite some changes had happened in that time. The construction site of a DataNet Connector could be spotted on the inland side of the base. Further more the Stealth Antenna from the recently organized CO agency was visible for one who knew what to look for. Bad cloaking on that matter. 009 hoped that in the next decade as new technologies were discovered, the agency wouldn't stick out so easily. Unsurprisingly, the tracker led him to the CO. The size of was still not large enough to have many unsuspicious spots, so 001 must simply not have bothered with misleading sofar. 009 thought that it was unlikely that Chairman Yang's probe teams would be close enough already to easily infiltrate the DataNet, but something must be done about the invisibility anyway in his opinion.
    After a short walk, 009 arrived at the frontdoor of the CO, used his tracker for access permission (the DataJack after the monitordesk behind the door could be seen looking aside shortly, and then looked up at the frontdoor before granting access) and entered the building. 009 was waved through by the monitor DataJack and that was it. He took the lift down two levels, stepped out into a dimly illuminated hallway and passed several doors before spotting one with the tag CO-001 next to it. His tracker beeped shortly to let him know he was on the right spot. The door hissed open, 009 stepped through and heard a voice saying: "Welcome DataJack 009, I expected you. Please sit down and I'll tell what I summoned you for..."
    Last edited by GeoModder; July 5, 2004, 13:23.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Fine by me. edited it a little for typos and grammar.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

We're hackers, not spies, but w/e.

Comment

Hercules: Thanks but is 'steppedout' proper english? Isn't it 'stepped out'?

Enigma: Even hackers have codenames (nicks), the numbers are simply easy reference for those of us who want to participate, while the other faction can only guess for the identity.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

On the presumption that we IC narcisstically, they'll work it all out pretty damn quick.
          We'd have to change codes every 4 days.

Comment

Are you planning on writing, Enigma? Your tone is easily recognized off course...
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Pssht.
              Roleplay is one of the things which I cannot do.
              I can write pieces, but always in a serious and factual sense.

It's frustrating to write a serious piece in conjuction with those who would rather write for fun, so I stay out of this issue.

Comment

009 I presumed you've changed it.

Let's appoint Enigma, 010, whether he uses it or not.

Edit Just noted he wants 042
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yes, gotta let a number have meaning.
                  10? Ungh. >_<''
                  List of numbers I like, less than 100:
                  (in order of like, most to least)

Comment

/me is extremely tempted to give Enigma a six, just to stay in the general character of the codes...
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Give him 666

*cough*
                      smoke???

Arghh my house is on fire!!!

Be right back....

Comment

foolish_icarus has 006.
                        I don't think he's going to change it, and I like being 042 anyway.
                        I always was the reason why you played this game.

Comment

Heh, liked it!
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Geomodder,

Sorry about the time delay, I haven't been in a writing mood recently. I'll see what I can put together.

Comment

Kody: If your magazine isn't too extensive already, I've got an idea for a second story. A bit shorter. I can have it ready by tomorrow (GMT)
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X