Data Angels Faction Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Angels Faction Description

Since our promo isn't in, I've made an unofficial version.
    here

If anyone objects, I'll pull it down.
    At the moment, it's missing:
    1. A charter / constitution
    2. Short Descriptions of our players.

I intend to portray this faction as one for all types of mindsets.
    I'd rather not be reduced to a closed-mind bureaucracy like I've yelled about previously.

Mmm, the player description can be omitted IMO. Basically we're a team, no need to show us as individuals to the casual bypasser who might be interested in joining. New applicants can always learn who the team members are when they're in...

For the rest, the overall tone is rather assertive. I Can imagine that many wouldbe members decide to choose another faction when reading it.

Edit: I'll look a bit closer to your work when I catched some 's
    Last edited by GeoModder; June 28, 2004, 01:25.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Obviously the individuals are the ones you interact with.
      But of course, if you won't submit a description then the description list is moot.

Its lack of passive voice is because I wrote it like a scientific report - this is SMAX, this is the ACDG, these are the Angels.
      I read it aloud to myself and edited it until it sounded right -
      that I knew what I was on about, and presented the Angels as a competent faction.

The main problem with attracting newbies is that our intro is long, but that's my way of being selective.
      Being the faction with the longest, most informative intro is my way of attracting those who want to sump the information here,
      and repulsing those without the attention span to even read our topped threads.
      point taken, we have no topped threads, but still...

Note the propaganda bits -
      I suggest that The Data Angels know people, and that
      the Data Angels can make people both happy and effective.
      Such is the natural drive of all humans.
      In reality, I'm only speaking for myself. That's why I added the disclaimer - I wanted to give you the option of ignoring or neglecting your teammates if you so wished.

Comment

What attracted me to this description of the DA's was the idea of learning SMAC MP from experienced players.

I was turned off by the Gaiens description of lots of RP.

The descriptions provided by the Morganites and the Spartans fit in with the fiction of AC, but provided no information about the teams.

I did appreciate the length; I think a short AC gameplaying bio of the founding members would have been helpful.

What I gleaned from the description was that playing the game was the philosophy of the DA's, not getting into AC roleplaying.
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Well, it turned out that way after a fashion.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I hope DJs have learnt things.

I certainly did: especially Mart's micro management rushing minerals method and the cheaper impact infantry (as opposed to rover) to get the tech prototyped, approach.

It is just a pity I never learned the change to 'highest possible, improbable unit' in queue, prior to pod popping, system, rather than highest facility or ordinary unit, system.

With the added value of cashing it in of course.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

But the game's not quite over yet.

Comment

No, Spartans seem proud of literally stalling the turnyear.

And are you serious? You never did micromanaging on rushing minerals before?
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Questions:

(1) What is the value of the 'highest possible, improbable unit' tactic in addition to the cash value?

(2) How are the Spartans stalling the turnyear?

(3) Which victory condition(s) are we trying to forestall? I got the feeling reading the recent infotrader posts that we're trying to create some unit even if we have to cash in assets to make it possible.

(4) I've been reading the early turn threads. In hindsight, what would you have done differently?

Trying to catch up on the situation so I can be useful (unless you want me to draft a newssheet to confuse the Spartans - since I'm sort of confused, any newssheet I produce ought to confuse them!
                  Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

1) Ask Mart, he's the "designer" around here.
                    2) It's a bug
                    3) Total conquest atm, as the Spartans are invading all they can.
                    4) I think our greatest error was not running Free Market.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

1) The cash in value of it towards a SP, or prototype.

2) It's a bug, but effects the end of Sunspots influence for us in this game.

3) as Geo.

4) I kinda think we should have beelined for Doc: Flex earlier.

Go ahead with newssheet draft, but don't tell of our intentions (if you can work them out).t
                      Last edited by Kataphraktoi; February 5, 2006, 13:43.

Comment

Is it just me, or can i edit other peoples posts? see above

It is not just you.
                        anyway

(2) How are the Spartans stalling the turnyear?
                        Its Top Secret, but i may have found a way to artficialy stall the game year, dunno about advancing it. I need to test it out more before saying anything tho. [nothing to do with acdg3 and its a bug]

(3) Which victory condition(s) are we trying to forestall? I got the feeling reading the recent infotrader posts that we're trying to create some unit even if we have to cash in assets to make it possible.
                        Planet Buster, and delivered straight to HSA. Winning? More worried about surviving atm

(4) I've been reading the early turn threads. In hindsight, what would you have done differently?
                        Been less passive in defences.It is not just you
                        Last edited by Hercules; February 6, 2006, 03:58.
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                        X