Holidays Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays Roll Call

I suspect that the availability of Turnplayers, and ACDG members in general, may be affected by the upcoming holiday season.

Will we have a liberal extension policy on playing and forwarding the turn during the mid December to early January time period?

Mead

Good idea. If necessary the game might be frozen entirely, though I fear something like that might cause players to lose interest entirely.

Comment

I, for one, will be at least intermittently available all winter.
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Some people may be away for more time, however some tend to be more available due to not having work/school to do. From what I've seen, it usually evens out, though sometimes turnplayers change a bit.

Obviously Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Eve/Day won't count as turnplaying days, and if a team has a problem due to the lack of someone/many people, it does class as a good reason and extentions will be granted. For this reason, due to people possibly losing interest, I'd rather not freeze the game, however if it seems to become necessary, I will reconsider this.

Please play exactly as now, though if there are problems PM me and I'll find a way to sort it.

Not to mention, Merry Christmas everyone!
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I'd like an extension of the turn playing limit to 4 days for 2 days during the holidays.

Comment

That seems reasonable. Shall we define what exactly "the holidays" is?
            Dec 20 - Jan 3 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
              Some people may be away for more time, however some tend to be more available due to not having work/school to do.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I will be unavailable on some weekends, especially 24-27 Dec. Our CEO Chaunk has said he'll be fairly busy, too.
                "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Except for one jaunt to Tokyo between the 28th & 30th of December, I'll be around all winter.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I think play it as it goes at the moment. If anyone needs an extension, pelase ask, but putting the limit to 96 hours means people will use it, as they have it, even if they're here as usual, and may cause some people, especially those with much free time over the holidays, to lose interest at the slow progress. Obviously 25, 26th Dec and New Years Eve/Day won't count, as I doubt anyone wants to be doing this then, but I'd rather not just blanket lengthen the time limit to save people losing interest.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Good point. Though I don´t understand what you guys have with Dec25th... It has no meaning over here, since we celebrate Dec24th

I´ll be unavailable from Dec22nd to At least Jan3rd, but I have no turnplayer qualities anyways, so maybe that´s not too much of a stretch for the game
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I'll be golfing in the sun Christmas morning, and can smax later that day (so schedule the turns to reach Sparta by the evening of the 24th)

GGLIE

Comment

To all,

Please note that because of RL obligations I will be unable to constructively participate in the affairs of the Corporation until early January.

I may log on from time to time, but I will be unable to conduct negotiations, or otherwise contribute until early Jan.

If you need assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact the Morgan Turnplayer.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                            I just wont say anything.
                            That would be a nice change.

Comment

We have no bar whatsoever for the moment?
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X