Prayers for Vel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Vel

A lot of people here know Vel and his great contribution toward the SMAC/X players community. However perhaps not everyone knows that he has been very sick. Please see this thread for some information. There is also updates in the middle of the thread.

I'm thinking getting a card that is signed by multiple people to him. It may take a long time for the card to forward from one person to another, so it may not be practical. But if there are people who feel interested please let me know.
    Last edited by Snowflake; October 20, 2004, 14:51.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

You think something like e-mail message where all the people who wants, type their name and some "best wishes" stuff?

I will be interested then

But if it requires some sort of payment-I'm not up to, because I do not have Paypal or any other iNet pay tool..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Yes, but it costs us both only 30 santims to send him a real get-well card .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

30 santims ?

Have you been fiddling around the currency exchange boards again?

I don't mean I have no money - just no means to transfer it..
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

No I was not thinking of financial supports. A card that is signed by us the SMACers though, should be a nice spiritual support, I think.

If there are a couple people who's up to this idea, I'll buy a card and start.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

If there are a couple people who's up to this idea, I'll buy a card and start.
            I'm up to this!

Comment

I'd love to participate.... I'm thinking about sending one off after school today...

Comment

You want to send it by yourself or do you want to do the mulitple sig deal Ouro?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Actually, both. I'd love to sign your guy's card, but I happen to have a program that I can make custom cards easily.... Put SMAX pic or something on it...

Comment

Oh wow! Can you print that one out and send it to me and we can start there?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Sure, if you want! They aren't as big as normal cards, because I don't happen to have a special printer or great paper, but I'm willing. Got any ideas for what you want it to look like? I can put just about anything on it.... Screenshots from a game, leaderhead pics, whatever.....

Comment

Color printer? Or if you don't have it could you email it to me and then I can print it out on photo paper or something. I do have a color printer.

I hope a few more people will join binTravkin, you and me too, especially the long time SMACers like Googlie and Drogue...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I do have a color printer, just not a special printer for professional cards... I'm not sure if you can open the file without a copy of the program... anyways, you're the creative one, ideas for the card?

Comment

I don't know, I don't have an artistic sense at all.

Anything features the universe and life and related to smac would be good I think. Like the one in Fraxier's homepage or something...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Add my name.

Get well wishes to Vel

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X