Turn Playing Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    Keep up your tracking Zeiter these numbers are interesting, I wonder if we can establish an underlying mathematicaly forumula that can predict the length of turns in the future. Basicaly if things continue at the pace indicated in the first graph when will each team hit the 48 hour limit?
    I don't know if there would be a formula for predicting it, as there are so many variables and things that don't behave in a pattern. In fact, if I were to post the strictly day-by-day turn times, the graph would look like a seesaw, going jumping up and down all over the place. That's why I used the 5-day weighted average for showing trends. It smoothes out the graph a little bit while still representing recent variances.

As for when each team will hit the 48 hour limit: there hasn't been a general trend upwards so far, so it's too early to say. But the Morgan 2121 turn is getting awfully close, if it hasn't passed it already.

Oh, and don't worry Morgans, take all the time you need. I was just razzing you. The last thing we want is sloppy turnplaying due to rushing the turns. Well thought out turns are what is going to make this ACDG fun, and if it takes 40 hours, then so be it.
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
      Yang does!!!

GGLIE
      This might be worth a closer investigation...
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
        So, who is run most efficiently then? Say it after me: the
        Perhaps on July 30th, but now we're into October 24th

Flirting with being the first team to break through the 48 hour barrrier .......................................

Comment

You might want to take that back, G glie.

And taking in account that I had a computer blockout, a connection blackout, a dental problem AND some real annoying neighbours the last 48 hours, it's close to a miracle that the turn has arrived within the allowed time.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Made it with 24 minutes to spare

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
              You might want to take that back, G glie.

And taking in account that I had a computer blockout, a connection blackout, a dental problem AND some real annoying neighbours the last 48 hours, it's close to a miracle that the turn has arrived within the allowed time.
              Sounds like a lot of trouble. Where any of these problems related?

Your neighbors didn't cause the dental problem? Did they?

Mead

PS
              Ouch, a dental problem on a weekend must be difficult to deal with. Do dentists work on weekends?
              Are there dental emergency rooms?

Comment

Well... I have flexible weekends, so mine started on friday morning.

And now, sunday night, I'm at work.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                X