Turn Playing Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Playing Rates

Heeheehee, let's see who's taken the longest to play their turns so far... Oh yes, I'm tracking it as we speak. Perhaps some could use a little "encouragement".

Here's a running total of the minutes taken to play turns in the ACDG3:
    Attached Files
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Oh, no, I'm not done yet. Here's a graph of running averages of minutes/turn. Anyne ntice any trend$?
    Attached Files
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

And finally, here are 5-turn weighted averages, where each turn's average is calculated from average of the last 5 turns. Alas, it seems we Spartans have been slacking a bit lately, but I assure you all, we shall soon come roaring back with a vengance!
      Attached Files

Comment

Oooooh -pretty colors!

Anyways, its a graph of time consumed only. In my opinion you should take into account such variables as number of active players involved (i.e. the more players involved the longer it invariably takes to make a decision), when the turn was received versus when the receiving Faction's players actually would be online, etc.... Personally, I think we need more turns before we can establish a really sound graph of turn capability versus Faction, especially taking into account how long it takes for a consensus to be reached by a Faction vs when the turn is actually completed by said Faction.

D

Comment

Still pretty impressive, though.

And we Spartans have taken it upon ourselves to at least get to the average, if not below. We can do that by persuading others to be slower - yeah, right - or by streamlining our internal processes further.

But you're right - some of the speed - or delay - is geographic, and the more players that are involved (and the more chaotic the internal processes are, the slower that faction will be)

But still interesting data, nonetheless

Comment

Most factions have members from all different time zones, so we are all probably in the same boat. Still, the turn rate has been excellent so far.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So, who is run most efficiently then? Say it after me: the
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Nice... And now compare the time consumed to the powergraph rating ...

btw, we have a tie on an important decision, that´s what causes the delay. But I´m sure it will be ruled out soon.
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Frankly, I don't give a monkeys how long we take

We've been well under the 48 hour limit every time, and we'll stay that way for the foreseeable future. Sure, we're taking longer than other people (I could have told you that without a pretty graph) but in time you'll see why. Our turnrates would all be acceptable in a PBEM, I see no reason why we should attempt to hurry our playing up. In fact, it will doubtless get slower from here, up to the 48 hour limit of course.
                  Play hangman.

Comment

Actually, I encourage Morgan Industries to take all the time it needs. Decrease in speed has a positive effect on roleplay.
                    Who takes Spartans seriously anyway . I nevere thought I will say that so far, ACDG was going to fast.
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                      Who takes Spartans seriously anyway
                      Yang does!!!

GGLIE

Comment

I'd agree that the teams are all doing excellent. If a team is pressed into submitting fast turns and sacrifice good planning and discussions for it, well let me just say you'd fallen into somebody's trap.

Plus I'm not so fancy anything shorter than 400 minutes turn rate myself, for my own reasons.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

For our part, we get the turns out so fast (~200 min moving average after the first few turns), for a few simple reasons:

1) I check Apolyton too much.
                          2) People tend not to post the Gaian turn when I'm sleeping, or when they do, I get up soon afterwards.
                          3) Most of the actions of next turn can be decided the turn before. Later on, this may not work so well.
                          4) The turns themselves haven't gotten too long yet.
                          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                          -BBC news

Comment

Keep up your tracking Zeiter these numbers are interesting, I wonder if we can establish an underlying mathematicaly forumula that can predict the length of turns in the future. Basicaly if things continue at the pace indicated in the first graph when will each team hit the 48 hour limit?
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Well, if teams are taking 48 hours simply because there's so much to do, we can raise the cap. It would be an excellent game to be so difficult to need more than two days, though.
                              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                              -BBC news

Comment

Working...
                              X