No announcement yet.

Pholus Lunar Newscast #1 - Outrage Over Atrocities Commited by the Morganites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pholus Lunar Newscast #1 - Outrage Over Atrocities Commited by the Morganites

Headlines: Outrage Over Atrocities Commited by the Morganites
    Pholus Lunar Newscast #1

Outrage Over Atrocities Commited by the Morganites
    Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom expresses outrage over the atrocities committed by the Morganites.

It has become apparent that the Morgan council is not following their own poll which stated an 80% majority of moving to the apolyton frequency. Instead they persist in using their more obscure frequency. While this acceptable for their factional planning, it is an infringement of the free media protocol that says all roleplay must be on apolyton frequencies. To put an end to this atrocity Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom has made opening moves for a hostile take over of MorganLink Magazine who are the driving force behind the violation of media rights.

In a public news conference today Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom has stated that once he has gained control of MorganLink Magazine he will ensure that there will be no further violation of the free media protocol. This was met with unreserved enthusiasm by other factions and members of the CMNs. As Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom furthers his monopoly of planetary media it is expected that it will bring new levels of entertainment to the rest of the world. There are whispers that Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom has plans to control the population via the media, but he has denied all the accusations saying that he has no interest in influencing the people on Chiron as they can contribute nothing to the Pholus Lunar Outpost.

Where do you want your newscast to go today?

Spartan Government Coverup
    In breaking news there was a government cover up in Spartan Command recently. Honghu reported huffing and puffing from of a member of the Spartan High Council Googlie and an enraged shout over the open Spartan frequency channels. She says she fears for her life and refuses to give further details. Mysteriously the communication transcripts have been modified leaving only Honghu's comment of "Wow Googlie is really enraged" behind.

There is wild speculation on what actually happened and rumors that Googlie has joined the mafia. Sparta Command has remained tight lipped about the issue and refuses to make any comments. The smooth destruction of the majority of the evidence also suggests a Data Angel link, which is highly worrying for other factions. A recovery program was run on the computers of the Pholus Lunar Outpost and an interesting fragment of Googlie's transmission "poly…. slow" was recovered. Could the "poly" be some reference to a parrot and previous enmity against pirates? It is unlikely that this mystery will ever be solved.

Memories of our Homeworld

Dried twigs cracked underneath my boots as I made my way through the preserve. This was one of the few places that the mega cities hadn’t expanded into and compared to the noise of the city it was peaceful. I found it very beautiful and counted myself fortunate being one of the few that had a keycard to this place. The smog wasn’t quite as bad here, I supposed the trees filtered out a lot of the sulphur and carbon monoxide in the air.

Up ahead a small figure became visible in the reddish light of the afternoon. I knew I would find her here, she always said being in this place helped her think and she often had spoken of her childhood when she used to visit this place.

“Honghu”, I asked quietly, reluctant to disturb her. “The last transport is leaving for the Unity within the next 6 hours”.

Her back was still turned to me so I couldn’t see her face. For a long moment I listened to my own quiet breaths as I waited for her to reply.

“I will be there within 6 hours Kody.”

Her voice seemed distant and seemed far older than her actual age. Not scratchy like a crone’s rather timeless as the voice of the ocean that had been murmuring for millions of years. She was still facing away from me so I left without saying another word.

~~~~~~~

I heard his footsteps as he walked away and blinked away some more of my tears.

The red glow of the sun filtered through the smog and cast a soft red glow over the dying forest. There used to be birds here a long time ago, but they had most likely died from the bouts of acid rain that came from the factories further to the south. It was beautiful here, but it only served to remind me of what this place once was, when the sun used to cast a yellow glow that lit the dust motes and the trees were green and alive not brown and dying. I stood among ancient ruins still beautiful only because they whispered the grandeur of better days.

This world was dying and it felt like my heart was dying with it. The memories of my past were like this forest beautiful and treasured, but fading from this world nonetheless. It was so hard to break away from the past, to remember all the wonderful things and not look back with regret. Earth would always stay in my heart no matter how many light years separated me from it. This place held my roots nothing would change that.

I bent over and scooped a handful of dirt into the jar.

“And while your children will walk among the stars they will always remember you”, I said to the stillness of the forest.

As I walked back to the shuttle the long trunks of pines silently watched my departure. A honor guard that lined the way as walked towards a new world.

Pholus Lunar Outpost Established
    The remaining bridge crew of the Unity landed on the nearby Moon of Pholus with a colony pod containing only 20 survivors. Supplies of frozen water have been found and experts believe that the colony is sustainable for several hundred years.

Last week the habitation dome was completed and a transmission tower was built to allow the colony to contact various survivors on the ground. Analysis of the communication frequencies has revealed that there has been a serious breakdown in the command structure and the Unity mission has spilt into 7 different factions. Even more disturbing there is talk of war in the air. The Pholus Lunar Outpost has declared strict neutrality in all matters on the planet, and intends to withhold technological and communication frequencies as part of its neutrality policy.

Morgan Industries has already threatened a law suit against the Pholus Lunar Outpost for not providing technological assistance according to the free trading agreement subsection 6.3. To pacify them Officer Drogue has reluctantly offered 10ecs to drop the charges and Morgan Industries has accepted.

In unfortunate news Captain Buster died last night without regaining consciousness. He was found with gunshot wounds in his cabin and was taken with us to the planet to await medical treatment. He died from his injuries as there was nobody with sufficient medical training to treat him.

Quote of the day: "Ducks help keep wrinkles away."

Honghu's Illness
    Following the crash, Honghu the ship's counsellor seemed to have fallen into depression with barely any response to questions directed at her. It was believed that an intense bout of nostalgia had infected her after we had landed on the alien moon, although the number of causalities of the Unity disaster could have also been weighing on her mind.

All the citizens of the Pholus Lunar Outpost were deeply concerned with this turn of events as she was seen one of the strong pillars that held the colony together. Honghu has recently recovered upon the construction of the transmission tower that allowed us the ability to converse with survivors on the planet. She has taken on the task of counselling many of the traumatised survivors of the unity disaster and it has pushed the last vestiges of depression away.

In an effort to prevent this from happening to another colony member, some of the citizens in the Pholus Lunar Outpost have taken colony morale into their own hands. First Officer Drogue has recently made the recommendation that all citizens should attempt to find something to giggle over at least once per day. Communications Officer Kody has given free reign of the communication channels to all Pholus Lunar Citizens resulting in rather busy airwaves that recently drew the ire of Skanky for spamming the Spartan frequencies. Navigation Officer Method took a more direct approach, by releasing laughing gas into the ventilation ducts. He was caught when the entire base heard loud rumbustious laughing and banging coming from one of the main ventilation shafts.

Showdown between Method and Kody
    Two prominent members of the Pholus Lunar Outpost have made a wager on who can pick up the most government positions.

Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom has accused Method the Grand Moff of Pointless Titles, General Error, Chief TKGer, Spartan Secretary of Keeping the DBTSverse Bunnies at Bay, Gumtelfitrickber Minister of the Spartan Federation, President of the Spartan Pacifist Party, Team Spammer of the Data Angels, Morganic Minister of Monocle, Chief Admirer of the Tall and Particularly Beautiful Stand of White Pine Planted at the Time of the First Colonies of the Gaian Union, Supreme Quasiantropomorphic Personfication of a Pause for Thought for Gaians, Founder, Leader and only Member of Gaian Republican Party, Assistant of our Lord and Master Drogue, and Mikromod of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game of cheating in the wager when it became apparent that Kassiopeia of the Spartans was giving multiple titles at a time.

Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom attempted to declare that a difference of no more than one position between among all the factions was allowed and claimed that any other way would be unfair as it would be easy to gain unlimited titles from one faction. He stated that it was clearly against the spirit of the wager to attempt to gain all the positions from a single faction.

Method the Grand Moff of Pointless Titles, General Error, Chief TKGer, Spartan Secretary of Keeping the DBTSverse Bunnies at Bay, Gumtelfitrickber Minister of the Spartan Federation, President of the Spartan Pacifist Party, Team Spammer of the Data Angels, Morganic Minister of Monocle, Chief Admirer of the Tall and Particularly Beautiful Stand of White Pine Planted at the Time of the First Colonies of the Gaian Union, Supreme Quasiantropomorphic Personfication of a Pause for Thought for Gaians, Founder, Leader and only Member of Gaian Republican Party, Assistant of our Lord and Master Drogue, and Mikromod of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game rudely replied that it was never specified as part of the rules and hence legal.

Kody then threatened to set his media empire on the task of defaming Method stating "I control the newspapers! Whoever controls the newspapers controls the population". Method calmly replied "I control the newspapers to a greater degree". This sent Kody off on a rant on how it would be unfair to use special powers on the media and it would be undemocratic to control the media in such a way. In reply, Method simply stated he couldn't be bothered reading long posts.

Skanky quite fed up with Kody and Method using the Spartan communication frequency to argue locked the thread and insinuated it would be better to argue in person as that wouldn't cost the price of exter-planetary communication link.

In the aftermath Method has shown he has a clear lead over our favourite Pholus Lunar Citizen so the Pholus Lunar Newscast has called for a position embargo on Method to prevent his title growing even longer. This has the added benefit of reducing the number of trees cut down used to produce the documents with his name on them. Thus the new slogan is "Prevent Method from getting a longer title and make forest growth more likely."

A day in the mods' life
    Communication Transcript...
    HongHu: ...
    Kody: HongHu is lost.
    Method: No she's right here.
    Kody: Yeah but she is lost.
    Method: NO I said she is RIGHT here.
    Kody: What's wrong with you Method? Can't you put down that Hive's Mind Stuff and be less absent minded? Is that how you got us on this moon? Can't you at least do something that is helpful? Why do I have to do all the things myself.
    Method: I AM doing something! I'm collecting titles.
    Kody: I have more titles than you.
    Method: No I have more titles than you.
    Kody: I control the newspapers! Whoever controls the newspapers controls the population.
    Method: I control the newspapers to a greater degree _
    Kody: I'll teach you what a banana can do.
    Method: psh, you're just upset because you're losing
    Kody: Blah blah blah.
    Method: meh. long posts I can never be bothered to read them.
    Drogue: Lets talk about 5 dimensions.
    Kody: Huh?
    Method: Huh?
    HongHu: ...

Opinion: How do you like your roleplay?
    In this edition the opinion addresses what the citizens of Chiron want for their roleplay. Your opinions are important to us at the Pholus Lunar Outpost, so vote and add your voice to the crowd.
    Vote in Poll
    See Votes

Statistics: Activity on the Frequencies
    Spartans:    Posts:242 Threads:18
    Gaians: Posts:258 Threads:27
    Morgan: Posts:122 Threads:9
    Data Angels: Posts:271 Threads:17
    CMNs: Posts:176 Threads:9

In Other News
    • Data Angels decide their turn player with paper, rock and scissors.
    • Data Angels receive encryption upgrades from the CMNs
    • Gaian Newspapers get swamped with with lots of pictures, but no articles
    • The Human Hive expresses concern over leaked reports of multiple invasion plans

Pholus Lunar Classifieds
    Are you lonely, have something to advertise, or want to sneak a secret message back to base. Pholus Lunar Classifieds is now selling advertising space at only 0.01ECs per character. Click here to place your ad now. Check out interesting messages and items for sale in the next edition.

Do you have an article you would like to see published in the Pholus Lunar Newscast? Get paid half an EC for your article today, submit here.

Editor: Spam Puppy of the Pholus Lunar Newscast

More Newspapers
    30.36%
    Roleplaying stories
    28.57%
    Debating
    23.21%
    Write in
    3.57%
    Xenopuppy
    14.29%

Well done, Comrade, erm, Senior Nudist Kody.

The Gaian Union, of course, challanges all claims that our beautiful nation is swamped with evil, capitalistic 'pictures.'
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Angel encryption -and data gathering efforts are appearantly proceeding well. Already most of the transmissions on Planet are emiting from us.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Heh, maybe I should do a by poster breakdown of each forum

Comment

Great first edition, Kody
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Thanks Hercules, advertisments have been proccessed.

Comment

More newspapers
              More debating
              More xenopuppy Awwww, look at their furry faces, so cute!
              Play hangman.

Comment

Chaunk

We want Xenopuppy!
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hrmm how about a normal puppy.

Comment

Well it's cute... but it's no xenopuppy...

Remember kids, a xenopuppy is for life, not just for the landing
                    Play hangman.

Comment

Awwww I believe the Rec Commons has a new pub-pet
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well haven't I been promoting my faction?
                        Look at that postcount!

Comment

Well why not get YOUR OWN pet at

ScorpiCorp™

We'll find your friend for life!
                          "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Comment

Who needs friends when you've got Planetbusters?
                            but we don't have planetbusters
                            shut up
                            *ahem*
                            Who needs friends when you've got Hand Weapons?

Comment

shut up they got laserweapons...
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X