No announcement yet.

The Rules for ACDG III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also prefer not to use the base finding bugs.
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

If we all really want to know where the other factions and other bases are why don't we make the map shown to all in the start. But I'm sure about every one of us will shout at me "what is fun in that?" So I really don't see why we should allow either exploit to find base locations. It's hard to detect if an individual has been dishournest but at least he would not be able to share the knowledge he gained through this exploit openly.

Diplomatic aspect I agree that it should be decided internally by a team. If a player has been leaking info to another team, Drogue should have the right to notify the first team leader so that they can take whatever action against that player.

On others I agree with Manaic's list.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Should I add this?:
        • It is not allowed to locate bases in unexplored tiles.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Why not?
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I agree with not allowing the locating of bases in unexplored tiles. I'll read through the rest of the list thoroughly tomorrow, and then look at what people have said and post any suggestions, then I'll poll. I'll also PM Ming about forums and modships, when leaders are decided. Looking good for starting relatively soon
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Which teams have already decided in modships?
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                Why not?
                Don't know. That's why I'm asking to be sure, to get some other opinions on the matter. Lest someone accuse me that I'm just writing my own personal wishlist to fix perceived problems in the previous ACDG. *cough* Tassadar *cough*
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

You have my support Maniac.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Apparently only Spartans HongHu.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Well everybody complains about how we are still not starting, but they don't even try and choose a mod for their forum. Hmmm...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

A lesson for HongHu: Democracy=>election=>majority decisions. Do you understand? This constant bickering has caused everyone to loose interest in game.

Comment

2 Angel members have stated their preference sofar, waiting for some other members to pop in...
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                            A lesson for HongHu: Democracy=>election=>majority decisions. Do you understand? This constant bickering has caused everyone to loose interest in game.
                            Sorry. I do understand that democracy means election and election means majority decisions. And I didn't mean to bicker. Just musing why people would complain while they don't do what they are supposed to do that's all. And I sure hope it is not because of my constant bickering. (Have I been constantly bickering?)

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Same here... But here members pop in and ignore the poll

Comment

No HongHu, but some people are. This was not specifically directed.

Comment

Working...
                                X