Gaian Headquarters: RotE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by obstructor
    Lauri, here I come (kick MWIA in meantime from it).
    So sad.... No idea where I'll hang out now.... There aren't any other active rooms at this time.

Ah well, good luck guys.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• There is #ACDG you know
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Ah yes, I would ask any Gaian member who downloads the turn, despite the fact the ACDG hasn't really started, to inform me.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Obstructor,

I was planning on rewriting the new backstory as an more elaborate version of the one I posted a little earlier. I figured that me being the narrator and buster not giving a backstory I had the freedom to setup the backstory.

However, I noticed Maniac's post that pointed out yours and Geomodders stories.

Geomodders story was fairly short and was more light roleplay and had a fair few plotholes and was based around the bartender. So I hope he doesn't mind if we don't use it.

Your seems more like an introduction to your faction, and I now understand your comments of wanting to keep the basic unity storyline since something else would conflict with your introduction.

So I'm wondering if you would be interested in some collaboration in a new Gaian introduction story? It won't be as long as the one you had before, but it'll be original and IMHO that would be better.

Umm with a little disclaimer that I might not find the time to do more than just the Gaians, I'm going to tenatively offer collaborate to write faction intros for the other factions too. This is ofcourse after I get the backstory and the main part of the ACDGIII introduction finished.

Comment

• No objections on a rewrite, Kody.

Actually, re-reading that thread I got an idea for perhaps another (the next) ACDG (or ACSFDG, whatever). Why not starting then from about the technological point that is reached for this one at victory of one of the factions?

It is finally a way to let people have experience on a MP later-in-tech-game...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Okay, Kody, a lot of things have changed . I will collaborate today afternoon (infact, I was writing an intro story myself).

Comment

• Cool if only I knew when today afternoon is.

Comment

• Uh around 22 hours your time. (see the time near avatars). Off to exam now.

Comment

• This question reveals my utter ignorance: where does one download the ACDG turn? And I assume there is a password.

Basically, I’m not sure of the mechanics/protocol of the setup.

Hydro

BTW – I’ve tried to get on the Super Secret Gaian Private Forum for the last few days but it seems to be offline.

Comment

• The turn thread is here Hydro. I think obstructor's saying don't ask the password from buster and don't play the turn yet, since the team hasn't been completely set up.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• H2 is correct. However Hydro I do not detect any problems with private forum. Infact, I just accessed it. Strange? Tell me if this continues. Does the password work or? Anyway, I will PM you with details of this setup if you wish

Comment

• Thanks HH and ob. I'll try the private forum again. It isn't a password problem, though.

Hydro

Comment

• What? Game on?

Private forum? Game file to download?

Why do I have no email in my inbox from the Gaian administrator telling me this is going on?

Comment

• Maybe it's time to join the Angels then... We have two administrators (technically).
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• DP

Comment

Working...
                                X