Well I read most of the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I read most of the forum

In fact, I've just got the events from the last three months to read. I'm currently finding it quite hard to focus on the screen as I've been reading it for 10 hours or so... However!

One question that still remains in my head: Why did you guys dislike the uni so much at the start of the game? You kept refering to them as the "B faction" for a while, and also to Archaic as evil and disliked by the uni in general.

If someone could explain what made you come to this opinion pre-contact (Pre anything almost, like you just decided before the game to destroy the uni) then that'd be lovely.

Kudos to Kody too... I've learned lots just from reading your turn sent descriptions

Also, someone really should have done some MSN beautification before now. Some of those chat logs are bloody awful....

Edit: Forgot this too. Is there any chance of the drone embassy and shadow forums being opened? Do I need to ask buster?

Also, does anyone have a continuous stream of saves from the game? I'd love to see how it panned out from different factions perspective.

Forgot a lot didn't I... What was the hive password for the game? I don't see it anywhere (But then I've not read the topped horde yet, I've been worked from the very bottom of the forum upwards.)
    Play hangman.

Jamski told us that the Hive password was only passed to the turnplayers for safety reasons. He was quite surprised when he learned ours was public in the turn tracking thread.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: Well I read most of the forum

Originally posted by Chaunk
      You kept refering to them as the "B faction" for a while
      Just a wild guess, but perhaps this could be because they had B(ase) landmarks all over their continent at some point in the game.

Originally posted by GeoModder
      Jamski told us that the Hive password was only passed to the turnplayers for safety reasons.
      Then how did normal members look at the turn?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maps I guess, but seeing the lack of actual gameplay participation of half the Hive, they simply didn't bother to look upon a turn it seems.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Interesting idea.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Passwords were sent via PM or MSN, everyone that seemed remotely interested got the password, the hive password was stalin.

Why did you guys dislike the uni so much at the start of the game?
            I think we hated the university simply because it was fun hating someone. University was our scrapegoat. I have to admit having an enemy you knew was your enemy and you didn't have to pretend otherwise is cool.

Edit: Forgot this too. Is there any chance of the drone embassy and shadow forums being opened? Do I need to ask buster?
            PM buster about it. By the way there's probably another 2000+ posts at the CGN forums that you'll have to work your way through. However, on the bright side there's less spam and more strategy and planning there. I'd say 30-50% of the strategy is in the CGN forums.

Comment

And what is the password for Drone turn ?
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I have no idea, Hive never unified.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                  Jamski told us that the Hive password was only passed to the turnplayers for safety reasons. He was quite surprised when he learned ours was public in the turn tracking thread.
                  Please stop believing every word Jamski says.

We did not have the password in the forum because some were afraid that it is not safe from infiltration. We distributed them through PMs.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

University was supposed to be the enemy because they are supposed to be the captalist pigdogs, which is the opposite to the glorious Hive in ideology.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Re: Re: Well I read most of the forum

Originally posted by Maniac

Just a wild guess, but perhaps this could be because they had B(ase) landmarks all over their continent at some point in the game.
                      Exactly.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yeah I knew that. My question was because there seemed to be some dislike of the uni for no reason and dislike of the B faction under the presumption it was the uni.

And anyway, Archaics landmark system didn't quite work as his team got confused over which square he meant etc...

But yeah, ignoring the spam, the Hive forum has proved most useful to me Even the spam on occasion has been useful.... lol. It took me as long to read this forum as all the others combined...
                        Play hangman.

Comment

The spam has always been the most useful thing to me.

We needed an enemy. Uni's ideology fits the bill. Plus Archaic has got himself some enemies from ACDGI I think, and we the drones simply enthusiastically followed our leaders (Jamski and Voltaire, etc.).

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                            Please stop believing every word Jamski says.

We did not have the password in the forum because some were afraid that it is not safe from infiltration. We distributed them through PMs.
                            Infiltration falls under 'safety reasons' last time I checked my dictionary, thus in this case Jam-Pi 3 wasn't telling an untruth.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

He was saying only turn players had the password, and you guys seemed to be so worried for us the common drones. Just want to help you ease your generous mind.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X