No announcement yet.

Time for war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comrade Mead has a point, greater cooperation with the Drones would indeed serve both factions well. We are after all permipacted we might as well coordinate and synchronize all our efforts. Furthermore we would also need to make it very clear to the other faction that any such strengthening of relations is in no way similar to the CyCon absorption of the University, we need to distinguish ourselves from the CyCon on this end.
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I think this issue is extremely simple:

If we stay with the Drones, we have enough of a reasonable assurance of their trustworthyness that we are essentially guaranteed of winning the game if there is a Hive/Drone victory in the war.

If we backstab the Drones and go with CyCon, not only will the Drones hate us, but the precedent of backstabing one's ally will have been established by us, opening the door rather wide for the less than honorable CyCon to use the exact same thing against us to claim overall victory of the entire game.

Considering that I think we'd end up fighting CyCon under either case and that fighting them with the Drones' help is clearly superior, I say we stick with the Drones.

The fact that a backstab is really only something we should even consider if it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to win the game and in this case it clearly is not (in fact, may even HARM our chances of winning the game) makes this decision obvious in my book.

Stick with the Drones. They have given us no reason to stab them and given us no reason to believe that they will stab us. It's the safer route to victory.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

We are being manovered against our will!

Arise ye victims of Hive oppression! Do not betray the revolution!

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Actually, your the only one in support of this
          Spamski is in another jam
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Artists think differently from us common drones. Or is he simply a little different ever since he lost his deputy crown? No he is not different. He is as inconsistent as he's ever been.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I wrote that poem for you HongHu.

I thought you loved me for my incosistency

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

No I love you because I can fight you.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

/me puts up his dukes *

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                    I think this issue is extremely simple:

If we stay with the Drones, we have enough of a reasonable assurance of their trustworthyness that we are essentially guaranteed of winning the game if there is a Hive/Drone victory in the war.

If we backstab the Drones and go with CyCon, not only will the Drones hate us, but the precedent of backstabing one's ally will have been established by us, opening the door rather wide for the less than honorable CyCon to use the exact same thing against us to claim overall victory of the entire game.

Considering that I think we'd end up fighting CyCon under either case and that fighting them with the Drones' help is clearly superior, I say we stick with the Drones.

The fact that a backstab is really only something we should even consider if it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to win the game and in this case it clearly is not (in fact, may even HARM our chances of winning the game) makes this decision obvious in my book.

Stick with the Drones. They have given us no reason to stab them and given us no reason to believe that they will stab us. It's the safer route to victory.
                    yeah but wheres the fun in that?

DeStRoY tHaT DrOnE ****!!11!!!!1!!
                    :-p

Comment

i think i'll stick with meads vertion if it is so dangerous. surly not backstabbing drones.
                      are we still int time for merging forums?
                      if we are and there is saposibility of danger with drones and we better merge forums ASAP

is some one going to take care of it?

PS:
                      is still good to have some Jamski who can think of these imposible thinks...
                      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Working...
                      X