Time for war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for war?

With the Drone's whole army committed next turn in an attack on the CyUni NOW is the time to strike. We can capture and cripple thier bases in one turn, effectively WINNING THE WHOLE GAME.

We would only have this one turn to do it, as the next turn either we are committed too, or the Drones are saying "where are the Hive troops?"

The CyCon have promised thier support in a war vs the Drones.

PLEASE!!!!

We never wanted to fight with the CyCon, and they have helped to be a big part of the ACDG atmosphere.

We HAVE to take our destiny in our hands and fly.

-Jam
    Yes! The Hive can take this game!
    10.00%
    No! I will stick by the Drones!
    90.00%
    Maybe! I am a banana!
    0.00%
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Re: Time for war?

Originally posted by Jamski
    With the Drone's whole army committed next turn in an attack on the CyUni NOW is the time to strike. We can capture and cripple thier bases in one turn, effectively WINNING THE WHOLE GAME.

We would only have this one turn to do it, as the next turn either we are committed too, or the Drones are saying "where are the Hive troops?"

The CyCon have promised thier support in a war vs the Drones.

PLEASE!!!!

We never wanted to fight with the CyCon, and they have helped to be a big part of the ACDG atmosphere.

We HAVE to take our destiny in our hands and fly.

-Jam

This is frightening.

Do you have a plan?

This is the prime reason I wanted to unify the Drone and Hive factions.

I wanted there to be no chance of us backstabbing them, and no chance of them backstabbing us.

With a unified faction with everyone having access to the same forums and saves, we could focus on winning the game without having to look over our shoulder.

I have not voted. As you know I am not able to vote in the Polls. Before I was to vote I would like to hear more.

Mead

PS

Are we really in a position to attack the Drones.
    Three of our choppers on the western front are hurt (30%) on the ground outside of a base and far way from the Drone bases. Our needlejet on the western front is in the air far way from Drone bases.

Several other of our units are also hurt.

This plan would seem like a CyCon dream come true.

Comment

Jamski! Why would you think of such a thing! The Drones are our dear, dear, allies! Such a course of action should never be taken, EVER!
      Join a Democracy Game today!
      | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Absolutely not. We can win the game more safely with a permi-pact with the Drones. If we're sharing members in each others' forums, we can even see what each other are talking about and it's a foregone conclusion.

We'll stick with the Drones.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

This is why I'm against merging the teams.

You have all been influenced by pro-drone propaganda.

Pah!

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Jamski, I'm sorry. Your evil plan of creating more chaos will not be supported by anybody who has a brain.

I would like to stick with somebody who is honorable, not necessarily the strongest. This is why I like to stick with the Drones, instead of the CCs. I would not want to fight the Drones and hand the victory to the discreditable CCs. It is quite simple really.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You know I have ALWAYS wanted war with the Drones and a pact with the CyCon.

Once I was not the only one, but slowly the protesting voices have fallen silent.

Only the fallen
              Stand silent testimony
              To the Hive's Glory

The heros of now
              Are just the fading shadows
              Of the Hive's sunset.

The cry rises up
              "Where are the Kodys of old
              That lead us so well?"

There is just silence
              No answering voices come.
              There is no more hope.

The spark of freedom
              That once burnt so brightly here
              Is now a stranger

The citizens stand
              In thier great grey regiments
              Of undying shame.

Not one drone dissents
              For the Chairman's word is law
              Crushing all to dust

Democracy weeps
              There is no hope for the Hive
              There is no hope, but...

Still Comrade Jamski
              Defies the dictatorship
              And calls for freedom!

-Jam

Comment

The Drones have proven their sense of honor in my personal opinion.

Ally with them, Crush the CPU menace. Later we can discuss if Chiron is too small for both of our factions. Getting rid of CPU is top priority.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Pah, if you are not moved by poetry, then what WILL move the hearts of the Hiverians?

-Jam

Comment

Come on!

Even the CyCon think we shuld attack the Drones and they are our enemies! If they think so, and we are better than them, then we should EXTRA think so to beat them.

-Jam

Comment

I’ve promised to Buster and to many in the Hive that so long as I am Chairman I will veto any move to backstab the Drones. Though Hive public opinion in on my side in this case so there is no need for that. Whatever the in-game advantage may be in backstabbing the Drones (which I think there is none) we would have to deal with the problem of being perceived as manipulative in the future, which could hurt us. Furthermore the Drones have proven more than trustworthy, the CyCon have not. I would suspect that the CyCon are simply attempting to create a conflict between us and the Drones to themselves benefit and gain advantage from, it seems contrary to the best interests of the Hive to side with a faction like the CyCon who would backstab us if the opportunity presented itself, the Drones have had plenty of opportunity and they have not taken any initiative toward such an act.
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I agree with Comrade Chairman. Have you seen the CyCon trying to blame the (perceived) downfall of PEACE on us? They are blaming the CP incident for the CPU attacking PEACE, thereby breaking the armistice. If THAT doesn't convice you of the CyCon treachery, I don't know what will.

Simple and cliche rule-Divide and Conquer. I think more than ever we need to be united with the Drones against the Borg menace.

Human heart will always triumph over mechanized steel.
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Maybe Jamski has a Point

I think Jamski may be right.

We need to move, and move quickly.

Let's merge the Factions now, exchange access to our forums and our saves.

Let's have the Drones transfer most of its aircraft to the Hive as soon as possible to take advantage of CB +2 movement.

Let's have the Hive transfer most of its formers to Drones as soon as possible to take advantage of WP.

Every turn that goes by is another turn where the formers don't work to their full potential and the aircraft don't have their full potential range.

Mead

PS
                          I did not want to prejudge my answer to Jamski's poll and gave him an oppurtunity to further explain his proposal. He has not convinced me. I vote, stick with the Drones. (Tass, please add my vote to the no column.) Let's just keep an eye on them until the merger is completed.

Comment

Grrr

Not even one hint of soul

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                              You know I have ALWAYS wanted war with the Drones and a pact with the CyCon.

-Jam
                              Comrade, I thought you were the one who wanted us to attack the CyCon ASAP?

Comment

Working...
                              X