• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Keep the Turn?

Tassadar Posted this in the Turn TrackingII Thread

I have ruled in Honghus favor.
    What exactly did she ask for?

If it is to redo the turn with another turn player then I suggest the Will of the People decide. I suggest we put it to a vote among the active members.

Do we want the turn I played or do we want to do a new one.

My vote, understandably, is for the one I played.

Before you vote.
    Think of the benefits that we have got.

We have taken Longreach. There are no enemy probes within range.

We emptied the Uni garrison in Longreach and Sunrise. We destroyed the Uni transport and 1-1-1 scout.

We took no losses.

In Longreach we have:
    4 - Healthy choppers
    1 - Hurt chopper 40% damaged
    2 - Drop infantry 1~3-1

In Freedman's Park we have:

2 - Drop probes 0~1-1
    1 - Drop Rover 1~1-1
    1 - Needlejet
    1 - Drop infantry 1~3-1

With these units we can take at least two more Uni bases perhaps 3 or 4 next turn. We can rage through Uni like the hungry wolves we are. Buster can take several as well. We can stop Uni from getting MMI.

If we replay the turn:

Buster takes most of the choice Uni bases, leaving us the scraps. (assuming his choppers are not discovered and attacked while sitting on the water)

Our choppers will make the run from Freedman's to a place where we hope they are not discovered. They will take damage on the crash landing and it is almost certain that one or more will not survive the attack they would make next turn.

Uni and hence CyCon will get MMI (they will get choppers and drop).

It is likely that our relative decline behind the Drones will continue. We may get so relatively weak that we will become a client state of theirs, or they may decide to just take us.

This is one of the reasons I have been pushing hard for Drone/Hive unification. I wanted us to unify the factions now while we are still equals rather than later when we are diminutive. Please do not misunderstand me. I like and respect Buster, but my duty is to the Hive.

The battles we waged in the east may well turn out the same.

We have no probeship that is even close to being in range of Conshelf57. It will be several turns before we can build one and get it to Conshelf57. Peace will be destroyed by then. Although unlikely, the Uni invasion may influence CyCon to move its emphasis from attacking the last Peace base (in particular the CyCon aircraft) to support CyCon?s and Peace?s eastern defenses.

We still have a shortage of aircraft to deal with everything we want to do on the eastern front:

Kill CyCon CP requires one aircraft.
    Empty Conshelf57 (if we win the odds this time) requires one aircraft. We have only two needlejets in the eastern theater. One must land and refuel or crash. I think the use I made of that in-flight needlejet was rather good. It reconned on the return trip to New Moscow, found the CyCon CP, continued its trip to New Moscow, hovered over the city, killed the 4-3-1 Data Angel infantry, and is ready for use the next turn.

Place a needlejet over the Peace schooner as aircover requires one needlejet. I choose not to do this because our units did not spot the CyCon Probe foil. They should have if it was close, and Peace did not (I assume or else they would have told us) the CyCon Probe foil. One of these ships would have spotted based upon its movements.

All battles on the eastern front (I apologize if I confused some into thinking I was launching an invasion of the Data Angels homeland by my terminology) with the exception of Conshelf57 went well. Using Gooliegrad?s chopper to empty Conshelf57 did and does make sense. I was not the only one to suggest it. The battle was hard fought, but lost fair and square. It just doesn't seem right that we get the opportunity to roll the dice again.

If the request Hong Hu made to Tassadar was to replay the turn then this will be a major decision on the part of the Hive.

I suggest we get a clear vote from a majority of the active members before we decide to replay the turn.

I vote in no uncertain terms to keep the turn and roll forward to victory.

Mead
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    75.00%
    Tassadar's Xenobanana Option
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

My inability to vote in Polls continues to frustrate me. I have PM'd Ming and he has tried to help me twice.

It is disheartening to find that I am having problems voting even in a Poll I posted.

My vote, as was clear by my post, is to Keep the Turn.

Mead

Comment

Your turn has already been nullified.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Still, its nice to see a democratic poll, in this demo game.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
          Still, its nice to see a democratic poll, in this demo game.

-Jam
          In a police state, no less .
          She cheats her lover of his due
          but still contrives to keep him tied
          by first deciding to refuse
          and then refusing to decide

Comment

Freaky. Its like Lal came and took over in the night.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

We can always say that Mead is simply asking for a vote of the Central Committe of the Politburo.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Bah,

I highly doubt that the Human Hive will become a client state of the Drones. If they ever took the fight to us, I'm sure we'd give them one hell of a fight. Besides, once we open up the Data Angel front, "all their base are belong to us" so to speak.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                  Your turn has already been nullified.
                  Is this nullifiction what Hong Hu asked for?

As of now we have:

Two votes in favor of keeping the turn. (the system is not counting my vote).

Two votes in favor of not keeping the turn.

Two votes in favor of a xenobanana. I have no idea what that is. Does it mean abstain?

Tassadar says the turn has already been nullified, it can be unnullified. If it cannot, then someone else can play exactly as I did (fixing the former mistakes, although please note that some were not mistakes but rather storing teraformer turns).

I think playing the turn again is a little unfair to CyCon (but I'm sure Peace wouldn't complain), because that gives us another crack at Conshelf57.

Right now we are tied, two for keeping the turn, two for replaying, two abstaining.

Someone should follow my footsteps here. My greatest concern with the turn was that there would be an enemy probe within range of Longreach. There is not. I ask one of you to fly the exact same route I took. Fly the needlejet and a chopper through all the fungus adjacent to Longreach to verify what I saw.

To whomever who has not voted, and to those who would like to change their vote.

We have four healthy choppers (plus one that is at 40% damaged) securely located in Longreach that can rach out far throughout the Uni empire and empty the Uni bases, plus sweep clean all the hostile units they find. We have two healthy drop infantry that can take 2 to 4 Uni bases (our drop rover in Freedman's Park might also be able to take a base). There are no aircraft in any of the Uni bases. Our units are safe in Longreach.

If we move our choppers to a place somewhere in Uni territory (hoping and praying they are not seen) then Uni may be able to capture them.

Uni has one interceptor that is not accounted for. Plus they have 3 probs that are not accounted for (we know they are not in any Uni base, and we know they are not in a position to probe Longreach). One of these probes may be withing striking distance of where we park the choppers.

I understand Buster said he parked a needlejet west of Longreach to give us aircover. If I was CyCon I would gladly swap my interceptor to kill the Drone needlejet, then use my probe to capture those (OK, moderately damaged 30% because Hive crashlanded them) choppers.

Comrades

Right now we are deadlocked (2-2-2). If you have not voted consider the game and vote for the turn. If you have already cast your vote then I ask you to reconsider and let us know you are changing it.

Mead

Comment

Comrade Mead,

Has the CyCon or anyone else besides the Hive see the turn before it was nullified?

This is what is preventing me from voting until I get this information.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Comrade Mead,

Has the CyCon or anyone else besides the Hive see the turn before it was nullified?

This is what is preventing me from voting until I get this information.
                      I only posted the turn within the internal Hive forum. No other factions should have seen it or should have knowledge of what is happening within our forum. That being said only Hive members, Kody (who drops into our private forum from time to time), Tassadar and Googlie should have seen it.

I have seen indications that (in the public Thread "The NON-ISSUE") that Maniac has some knowledge of what is happening. I don't know how he knows, or to what extent.

If it will help, wait until someone else flies the exact same route I flew our aircraft around Longreach to verify there are no enemy probes in the nearby fungus or otherwise within striking distance of Longreach. Let them verify that the Aerospace equipped forward operation launchpad we (and the Drones) have in Longreach is secure and ready to launch deep and substantial attaks next turn. Let them verify what I saw.

Mead

Comment

I forgot to add.

Buster knows about the turn I played.

I consulted him in the Drone embassy before I launched the attack (and got his OK).

Hong Hu informed him of the results of the attack.

Mead

Comment

CHANGED VOTE.

Go on, post the damned thing then.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                            CHANGED VOTE.

Go on, post the damned thing then.

-Jam
                            Thanks Jamski

Did you have a No vote or a banana vote before?

Right now we have:

(3-1-2) or (3-2-1)

Favoring posting the turn.

Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Mead
                              Two votes in favor of a xenobanana. I have no idea what that is. Does it mean abstain?
                              "Banana" votes on Apolyton are abstain votes. The tradition of replacing the abstain option in any poll with the word "banana" apparently began a very long time ago on this site. I had once believed it arose because in the first Civ3 Democracy Game we had a very jungle-heavy starting area and the roleplay in the game became rather obsessed with bananas. I have since learned that the tradition on the site may well predate that by a good bit.

For whatever reason, the abstain option in polls on this site is typically "banana" rather than "abstain". For the ACDG, people have apparently decided to be cute and call it a "xenobanana".
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                              X