This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Affairs Committee (FAC)

This thread is created for discussions regarding diplomatic issues. People need to familiarize themselves with the following issues: (This is an initial list and should be amended and updated by everybody who has additional thoughts.)

1. Diplomatic relationship with other factions. Who are our pact brothers, who do we have a treaty with, and who are at war with us.
    2. Trading with other factions. Gathering suggestions from the other department for our needs of techs and prototypes and see if we could find suitable trade that fulfills our need. Also following up other factions' proposed trade.
    3. Maintain and update various Embassies. Convey diplomatic messages from and to the Hive.
    4. Maintain the Covert Operations Report.

The discussion should happen here and the final desicion should be posted in the command and control thread by whoever is responsible for the CFR.

The diplomatic negotiation threads with other factions can be found here:
    Drones
    CyCons
    PEACE
    University
    Last edited by Snowflake; December 9, 2003, 14:38.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Oct are you going to lead this discussion? What's happening with uni regarding trade of eco eng?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm just getting back into the swing of things, and haven't heard anything about a Uni trade. Care to fill me in on the details?

Yes, I can do what I can to lead whatever discussion occurs here.

Also, if you're curious, Kody's online on Apolyton's irc server in room #discus. If you're new to IRC, use the java applet who's link is on all forum pages, and once connected, type '/join #discus'
      Join a Democracy Game today!
      | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

We have proposed a trade with uni: all of our techs and commlinks with their eco eng. I think they have never replied. They now have a scout on our land but we have not found it. It was Kody's turn that he found the scout and but he was writing to tell everybody about this and didn't get his turn in before Jamski. Maybe we should contact uni again just to see where things are. But we shouldn't act like we know about the scout since we are supposed not know that yet.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll start writing a message to the Uni, as well as organizing a structure for the Commission.
          | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Are you going to post your message/idea here or in the Uni negotiation thread?

I do not really believe that uni would trade eco eng to us. We are about 3 turns away from it ourselves. Not sure if we could tell them this so that they would think the trade is beneficial to them since they would gain something and we are getting it soon anyway. Maybe just tell them we are at the point to getting it (without telling them the specific number of years) and any delay would lead to failure of the trade negotiation. If we get the trade before we finish it ourselves then we could switch to the next tech and finish it almost instaneously.

In this case the negotiation skills are very crucial. We need to let them feel that it is to their benefit since they are getting more techs while we would be getting the tech anyway by ourselves. Also they may feel they are in need of AP if they are planning to invade us. We should try foster this and let them laugh that we are supplying them what they are going to use against us and forget that we would get the next tech quickly and can almost catch up with them in getting enviromental economics.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

They could get AP from the PEACE but depending on how deep their relationship is PEACE may want to milk them for more. This is another reason that we should try to trade with uni before PEACE trade with them or we declare vendette to them.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I have talked to the CyCon about the current Hive situation. Message posted in the CC negotiation thread. We still need to figure out the trade with them.

I have also conveyed our request of 3+ armor unit to the Drones. I will post the message in the Drones negotiation thread when I find it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Also who knows what's been happening with regard to PEACE? We are pact brothers after all. Shouldn't there be more going on?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

CC's found out the Drone's Ambassy and made it public at CGN. I suppose somebody should contact PEACE and let them know we are still their friends (even if we didn't have an embassy with them). Maybe we even need to build an embassy for them, just as a gesture, even if it will not be used much.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Very good point about PEACE, except they have never been very communicable (they were the ones that let the communications lapse), who do we contact?
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I thought Flubber is their ambassador. I guess we can simply drop them a note of hello showing that we haven't forgot about them.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Message sent to Flubber and Hercules:
                          Greetings form the Human Hive, we would like to inform our longstanding friends and allies that the government of the Hive has retuned to normal, and we would like to resume our diplomatic relations with PEACE. If you have any offer please contact me personally, and I will communicate it back to the Hive on your behalf.

-Chairman Voltaire
                          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Message to University's MinuteMirage and GeneralTacitus

Greetings to the Staff of the Planet University of Technology!

First of all, I feel it appropriate to inform the University of the Hive's current situation. For the time being, I am the head comissioner of Foreign Relations. I ask that all communications be sent to either myself or Chairman Voltaire.

Secondly, we wish to revive previous discussions involving a trade of all our current techs and commlinks for ecological engineering. We hope that the University will act quickly regarding this deal, as we expect to have eco eng within the next few years.

Thank you,
                            Octavian X
                            Comissioner of Foriegn Relations of the Human Hive

Comment

So now we have Voltaire for PEACE, Oct for univ and me for CC. Do we need somebody to replace Kody for Drones?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X