Chaunk's departure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaunk's departure

Chaunk allowed me to post our PM conversation on the forum, to make it more clear why he left.

Hi Maniac,

Due to my extreme displeasure at the recent dealings with PEACE, I have decided to leave the CyCon. This probably makes no difference at all to the actual running of the faction but then that's life!

I wish I had been able to be more active and to have voiced my opinions more earlier, but alas, that was not the case.

Chaunk, former Omicron-8
    I then told my opinion on the PEACE matters and asked what he means exactly with our recent dealings with PEACE, and if I could post the reason of his departure to the rest of CyCon.

He then replied:

Maniac,

Thanks for your thought out reply. To clarify, I left not because of the war, but because of the double dealing. The way our pact was worded at the start, it would have been a simple thing for us to say "We're not happy with this deal, we're going to end the pact. Best wishes for the future." and then gone for war, when we were no longer pacted.

The fact is, we were lying to them whilst pacted, making deals we had no intention of paying back, deliberatly making up stories in order to screw them over time and time again! I think accepting Doc:Ini knowing full well what Flubber had said and then making up this DBTS story was the final straw, as I felt it was beyond the pale.

But anyway, whats done is done! I wish you and CyCon all the best in the future and apologise for being too inactive to voice my opinion on this earlier.

If you wish to post this on the CyCon forum then please feel free to do so.

C
    I have now replied:

Hi Chaunk,

I just wanted to tell you people find it a pity you left. Drogue and Corellion have already commented on your departure. They say they thought everyone was in agreement. If you had voiced your opinion earlier, they would have acted differently. But alas, we of course can't all be as active. (So there's no need at all to apologize for that. )

Anyway, though I agree we have probably taken it too far with Doc:Ini and the DBTS story, in defence of our current actions I would like to note that we - or at least I - had no harmful intentions at all towards PEACE until that turn that they forgot - deliberately or not, who knows? - to offer DocFlex in the diplomacy box. IIRC before that we were completely truthful towards PEACE and intended to live by our agreements.

The same cannot be said about PEACE! From day one of the pact, they tried to exploit us, lied to us and made up stories. Just to give a few examples: they lied about how they got IndBase, they tried to hide from us they had met other factions, they implicitedly and explicitedly insulted us in all their PMs, claiming we were bad pactmates and they perfect ones, claiming they had the best intentions with us while they tried to get the bottom out of a deal. And let's not forget johndmuller accusing Drogue of hacking his computer. It sounds as a very lame excuse but: "They started it."

Anyway, just wanted to say that...
    I wish you all the best as well, and perhaps we may encounter eachother in a future PBEM, hopefully in more cooperative circumstances than between PEACE and CyCon.

Greetings,

Maniac
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I don't agree with, but I can understand his qualms. In any case, I've sent him a PM wishing him well in the future, and stating my sadness that he's left.

One fewer CyCon member *sigh.
    Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
    Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

I agree with Corellion. I will PM him to say thanks for his efforts. I can see where he's coming from. To me, the bottom line is that this is a game, and I want to play it for fun as my character. This is saddening though, as Chaunk was a good player, and an active CyCon.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Damn; i'm never online when these important things seem to happen

This is a very unfortunate complication to the whole CyCon/Peace relationship. I can understand why Chaunk left, too bad though he didn't get to posting his concerns...

I only hope this won't further injure our honour regarding to the other factions...
        Peace could make a whole affair out of this For example they could say our members are now even defecting because of internal difficulties and excessive lying to other factions (well, maybe a bit but they certainly started it )

Comment

They can say what they want. I will PM other faction leaders ot show. All we did was accept a pre-accepted tech. It is not against the rules. The lying both factions have done, so that is that.

I really don't see it as that big a deal.
          Smile

Comment

I'm far more worried about this. Googlie has left
            Smile

Comment

This is not good, not good at all... any idea by who and why those accusations on Googlie's intergrity would be stated??

Comment

PEACE did because of his ruling that we did not break the rules. However Flubber said it was surprise, and has now toned it down. Too late I feel

I have PMed Googlie to apologise for the part I played in his departure and to thank him for his work on the DG. This is a sad day, that I hope does not mean the end of the DG.
                Smile

Comment

I have received a reply from Googlie:

Thanks Drogue.

I don't mind decisions being questioned, or argued with - after all, it is a democracygame.

But I have scrupulously tried to be neutral in all of this, and to have allegations of bias as well as personal attacks .... well, I'm too long in the tooth to let them seriously bother me, but I think that CMN/PEACE relations are so sour that I can't continue in the CMN role.

Good luck in the game

Googlie
                  I have to say, I understand exactly why he has left,and I sympathise. I was very close to leaving after the personal attacks by JDM.

What to do now? Who can we ask to be our CMN? Could we ask Tassadar? Or should we look outside?
                  Smile

Comment

well we need googlie in the game...or tassadar...but no offence to tassadar but wanst, isnt he hive?
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I would be fine with Tass being CMN, since the map is already made. However I think other factions won't. The only person I know who could take over is Darsnan, and he might be busy with the ACPSG
                      Smile

Comment

Tassadar would be fine... yes he used to be Hive, and he often still plays the part, but I trust him to be impartial.

Why'd Googlie have to leave?
                        Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                        Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                        The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

WE have pretty reliable intelligence that your mistakes were not mistakes at all but planned and deliberate. Haven't you even had a member of your faction resign over this ??
                          I hardly dare think it, but is it possible Chaunk mentioned something to PEACE about our plans, being disillusioned with our tactics and all?? Or are our internal forum affairs so obvious to everyone?
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I think someone's mentioned something. Either a side remark by Googlie that they read too much into, or they've spoken to Chaunk I'd hate to think that, but if they have, that would be awful.
                            Smile

Comment

BTW: Chaunk has now been removed from our list of registration.
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X