No announcement yet.

Base Name Suggestion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the nitpicking, but shouldn't it be "yin" instead of "ying"?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yes
      Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
      Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
      The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

yes, it was a bit tongue in cheek (doesn't twin so well with Yang, although it is prolly more "philosophically" correct)

Comment

/me wipes the dust off this thread.

We only have one basename left - Mythical Matrix - so we'll need a few more suggestions as we have two new bases in the oven.

I added "Kaapstad" to the list. In English that would be "Cape Town". I'd suggest it for the base that I proposed to build near the southern tip of our continent (see the pictures in the IAF thread).

Also, I'd suggest to call that 3500 mountain created by that earthquake "Ben Byte" or "The Height of Logic", names already appearing on the list.

Comment

What about "Pinacle of Logic"? Not sure on the spelling, but it seems suitable for a mountain location.

C
            Play hangman.

Comment

Pinnacle of Logic sounds good.

Base name suggestions: Binary Bastion, Efficiency Edifice, Input Gates, Output Node, Collective Conglomeration, Full-technology integration experiment (this could be a base where we begin our first experiments in complete cybernetic integration into the government. The process would be long and difficult, but we can finally complete the experiment when we discover digital sentience).
              Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
              Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).

Comment

Tassagrad
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

No

Comment

Well, we could have a base built at the top of a mountain called "The Tower of Googlie" and have Tassagrad on the slope up to it although I suggest this because of the fond memories of being Mayor of New Tassagrad of my deep love and respect for our Godhood team
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

what about:

by-pass
                      network-junction
                      firewall

(if they were already said then dont mind this little function)
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Binary Bastion is excellent by the way

How about Wall of Fire instead of fire wall? Or even "Great walls of Fire"!

I don't think we should name bases after the gods of the game. They're not really CyCon, which is after all who we are. Tassagrad also sounds like a Hive base rather than a CyCon base.

C
                        Play hangman.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
                          Binary Bastion is excellent by the way
                          Thank you

I don't think we should name bases after the gods of the game. They're not really CyCon, which is after all who we are. Tassagrad also sounds like a Hive base rather than a CyCon base.
                          Agreed!

Comment

Well then just don't vote on it.
                            I fully updated the list and did a little reorganizing, so a poll can be held any time.

Comment

Vote for Tassagrad and a new game will come from the gods.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Lemmington!

Oh..and guess who just joined CyCon
                                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                                X