The Cuspidore is Recruiting for the Next Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlameFlash
    Well, I'm looking forward to another shot with all of you in the Angels, personally.
    The Angels seem to be shaping up as more interesting than the Spartans, so far. If they turn up as an option then I am happy to jump aboard join the LAN-party.
    Trithemius
    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Ah I see Googlie appears to have jumped ship to the Morgan Faction. Maybe to strengthen it but I thought he was going to join with us in the Angels.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
        Ah I see Googlie appears to have jumped ship to the Morgan Faction. Maybe to strengthen it but I thought he was going to join with us in the Angels.
        That's too bad
        Trithemius

Comment

Should I make a private forum for us off-site for DA? It looks like there might be use of one... especially with Morgan team already doing so.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Yes good idea

Comment

Data Angels Forum

While I could simply post this in the DA thread in the main forum, I thought it wiser for us to simply PM the link to everybody else who is committed.

Comment

BTW... mentioning that you've applied would also be wise until I calibrate my junk mail filters accordingly... it may grab some applications or something... you never know.

Comment

Ok Flameflash I've applied but no luck initially.

You should already have my email addy.

But will PM
                  Last edited by Hercules; April 19, 2004, 21:14.

Comment

I applied too, using the same addy that the turn saves came from so hopefully it won't go in your spam catcher ^^
                    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                      Ah I see Googlie appears to have jumped ship to the Morgan Faction.
                      I was going to join the Angels, but I liked Imp's ideas of a game-within-a-game for Morgan - and having been in the business of designing Stock-Option plans and Executive Incentive Compensation plans for 20 years, the thought of setting some up for Morgan was just too appealing

G.

Comment

Well in game what scope is there for overses investors.?

Comment

Just for interest this from CGN Academy

Data Angels:

A bit of a nothing faction, this one - no real strengths, but no real weaknesses. They are, however, hindered by a quite horrendous bug in the game (at least, from their point of view) in the mid-game (though in MP, this doesn't matter so much).

Early on, you'd play the Angels in much the same way as you might play any other faction...usually Planned/Wealth early, the occasional dip into FM, but otherwise not a lot happening. Planned to boom for the mid-game (they have no problem booming) and FM or planned, depending on diplomatic state, up until knowledge becomes available, and Pre-Sentient Algorithms.

Upon the discovery of Pre-Sentient Algorithms, the Data Angels get a covert ops centre in each base, increasing their base probe by 2. Added to their intrinsic +2, this gives +4. Problem is, the game doesn't recognise this as +4 - any probe value above +3 is considered 0 by the game. In fact, in SP, they need to run knowledge to get any advantages from probes at all! Of course, in MP, this is largely a moot point, as other players will respect your probe rating and not try to mind-control anything in the way the AI would.

After that, it's FM or green as you see fit - green later on, or if you're at war. Not a lot to be said, really.

Comment

Is the Data Angels forum working yet? I don't seem to be able to get on.
                            Trithemius

Comment

Originally posted by Trithemius
                              yes its open. It does take a few attempts getting in but if I can get in anybody can. I believe Flameflash has fixed initial glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Trithemius
                                Try joining again, Herc's right...

Comment

Working...
                                X