Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPERSMAC turn reporting and discussion thread

Visit The Recreation Commons

Your password (as the University) is research and you'll start with Planetary Networks as your free tech

Re: HYPERSMAC turn reporting and discussion thread

Originally posted by Googlie
    Visit The Recreation Commons

Your password (as the University) is research and you'll start with Planetary Networks as your free tech

One would think that with all the creative effort you put into making scenarios, you'd be a bit more original with the passwords.
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

LOL - it's a fine line between getting something that everyone can remember (thereby linking it somehow to the faction) and having to look up this thread every two or three days to find out what it is

And, btw, I have managed to get the scenario start where you get to choose your own free tech (and unfortunately Plan Nets isn't on the list of choices)

Comment

And, btw, I have managed to get the scenario start where you get to choose your own free tech (and unfortunately Plan Nets isn't on the list of choices)
        Bloody computers.
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Crud... oh well, thanks for the freedom of choice now, Goog.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
            Googlie:
            Might one inquire exactly how you are dealing with the University in your scenarios lately - do you have a new method that lets the player choose their own second tech (and get it right away, like in a 'normal' start and rechoose the next one?) instead of having to kludge it up, like asking them in advance and putting it in for them or just hoping it works out? If you do have a good method of getting their second choice thing done, though, I would be interested in trying it out - if you don't feel like posting it here, please email me with it. As to your specific problem here, if you move the University around in the turn order, the selection will likely be different (to simplify a little to avoid a lengthy digresssion, there can be as many as 3 different offerings, each one excluding from the possible offerings the techs from 3 roughly equal-sized groups of techs).

Right now I'm setting one up with 2 copies of the University doubling my fun - Aside from them getting different choices for their second techs, it is toying with me - if I give them the 2 techs in the editor, I end up having to make the 3rd tech choice for them in the password selection round and they already have it when they would be seeing the turn for the first time; OTOH, with only giving them one tech and selecting the 2nd for them it perversely doesn't prompt them for the 3rd tech choice til the turn following their initial view of it (it has already produced the second tech, it just doesn't ask about the third until it has registered a turn worth of accumulated tech production; perhaps that is the 'normal' way, but by contrast with the other version, it seems like they are getting shorted in the tech production department).

Comment

Any further word?
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
              X