Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court: Informal: Is the Blood Truce with the Hive constitutional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is one further point which is worth discussing ( before I poll on it) and it is this.
    Is it reasonable to expect the DFA to have to wait for an communication appoach from the AI

The Director of Foreign Affairs will do all foreign negotiations.
    but do they always have to wait until contacted by another faction first.

As Cedayon mentions we could be within reach of a diplmatic victory if we wanted to but to have to wait until spoken to would be a ridiculous situation.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

There is one further point which is worth discussing ( before I poll on it) and it is this.
      Is it reasonable to expect the DFA to have to wait for an communication appoach from the AI

The Director of Foreign Affairs will do all foreign negotiations.
      but do they always have to wait until contacted by another faction first.

As Cedayon mentions we could be within reach of a diplomatic victory if we wanted to but to have to wait until spoken to would be a ridiculous situation.

EDIT Sorry about the double post
      Last edited by Hercules; March 4, 2003, 23:05.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Fellow Justices

I'm available for deliberation, I just hope I'm not too late here, my ¤#(&/#@ PM system went dead on me and failed to notify me of new messages in any conceivable way (even though it was supposed to) and I was busy yesterday so I couldn't reply to your PMs until today. I thought no PM deliberation was happening since I assumed I hadn't received any; I got suspicious when Drogue said something about emails, but my mailbox didn't have any new msgs.

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

For the sake of me being able to post orders, I beg the Court to deliberate quickly - the poll is split 50/50 on war/peace, and that makes my job VERY hard to do. I think a few people are voting purely because they think the peace is unconstitutional, rather than on what they think would be best for US. A Court decision would mean I know we are at war or peace, and can plan accordingly.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What do you mean, split 50/50? 55% said war, 45% peace.

Comment

It was split when I posted that. All's happy now.
              Consul.

Comment

Okay, judges, are you nearly finished with your discussions about what save to use? If I don't know the answer by Saturday, I'll have to talk with MWIA about installing a military junta.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  Okay, judges, are you nearly finished with your discussions about what save to use? If I don't know the answer by Saturday, I'll have to talk with MWIA about installing a military junta.
                  But Maniac I thought we already decided on a dic- oh.

/encryption on
                  Consul.

Comment

I've been trying to figure out what exactly the constitional issue is here...

The closest thing I can come up with is that Herc requested contact with the Hive, and GT granted that request. Stale orders then hit the fan.

There's much ado in my pm box about private deliberations, meanwhile it remains somewhat unclear to me what I'm supposed to be deliberating... the constitution is fantastically vague on almost all of this.

As for the military junta, I think I've still got that crown around here somewhere, Emperor Tacticus

Comment

Ok, as of right now, we need a decision on this within abotu 8 hours or so, tops.

Comment

I've already made my decision, but there's some dispute amongst us. Sorry for the delay, I am but one.

Comment

Okay guys, unless all of the judges deliberating this case will be present half an hour or so before the turnchat, we need a decision now. Could you then please just post your vote here on what save to use, and the one with the most votes is used.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I consider the initiation of contact with Yang to be unconstitutional (Herc had no grounds on which to make the request, GT had no grounds on which to grant it).

Therefore I "vote" that the "old" (not really old, the only difference being whether the contact has taken place or not) save be used, and things proceed from there.

Note that I prefer peace with the Hive (until we can stomp them), and thus naturally would prefer the after-contact save, but since that peace occured due to an unconstitutional decision...

Comment

I think we decided to make deliberation and voting private, in PMs, as opposed to posted here?

I think using the old save is unconstitutional, since we are in a more privilaged position than we were before. We have information we should not have were we to use the earlier save. Yes the truce was unconstitutional (I think they can make contact, but signing the truce was not constitutional) but I think it has been done, and thus using the earlier save is unconstitutional.

I vote for using the later save, but declaring war. This is the most realistic, as the truce has been signed, albeit unconstitutionally. However with 4 judges, we need 3 to make a ruling, therefore we need both Kass and Adam to vote, and Adam hasn't been deliberating much.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                                I think we decided to make deliberation and voting private, in PMs, as opposed to posted here?
                                I wouldn't have minded that, but time is short and the AT/acting commissioner did sort of request it.

And yea, I have no idea where Adam is.

Comment

Working...
                                X