Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cedayon
    *watches the pendulum swing the other way*
    And some dare say history is not a dialectic struggle between two forces...
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
      And some dare say history is not a dialectic struggle between two forces...
      I agree, I have a different set of forces in mind, however. The rich-poor conflict (or enfranchised-disenfranchised, if you wish) is but a sideshow on a minor stage which itself ebbs and flows with the greater struggle.

Comment

whats ebbs and flow ?
        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

whats ebbs and flow ?
          Sorry, I meant the stage does... trying to say too many things in one sentence is never a good idea

Comment

Bu the way, as the mayor of Pandemonium, I'd like to adress all the citizens of Pandemonium my wish to create a municipal monopoly of all industries, services, etc... That will function as a planned economy within the base, just like in good old times were days were birghter
            Well the "Hollyswamp Cooperative" and "Micha & Partners" already control most of Pandemonium's economy. So a large part of it already is on a cooperative basis.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Cedayon, can I write you in as citizen of one of the Jedinican bases?

Comment

Yes, I'll be moving to Concordia shortly. Thanks

Comment

*finishes setting up the Panel-of-Evil-Buttonsâ„¢ in his new office* oh, I didn't see you there!

In any case, I've been elected Dictator Governor of this fair region and I plan to get down to business shortly (particularly because Maniac got stuck with the turnchat duties this week).
                  I just wanted to thank all of you that voted for me (the 1 that banana'd better not be a Jedinician ... err, nm ), let's all work together to beat the crap out of Centralis for the betterment of the faction

I don't think there's been an official announcement yet, so: Maniac, at his request, is now the Mayor of Concordia. He also apparently intends to maintain the first part of this thread where he has all those really cool pictures and stats... thanks Maniac!

Anyone have any questions?

Comment

Yes yes!
                    I ask this question to make the first posts in this thread look better: How the hell do you make all the numbers between the brackets stand nicely in a column? You have been able to do so for the green/FM comparisons, but I haven't as you can see in the first post. Could you please tell me? I guess I could find it out myself by experimenting, but asking you is much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                      Could you please tell me? I guess I could find it out myself by experimenting, but asking you is much easier.
                      Indeed, why duplicate the effort?

The answer is that I press the "Format correctly or Die!" button on my Panel-of-Evil-Buttonsâ„¢

What? You don't have one? I can't imagine how a Gov gets along without all those wonderful buttons

Well, before that I just used brute force by inserting the proper number of spaces and/or tabs between the numbers. I also tend to right-align the numbers in a column to make magnitude easier to tell at a glance. Use a proper text editor with a fixed-size font so you can see the spacing (I use textpad from www.textpad.com , but some swear by emacs).

Here's your current Concordia stats post brute force:

Code:
                      MY 2202: 15/14	13/15   6/ 8   76615   3- 3- 4   4
                      MY 2204: 21/14	14/16   9/12   79413   4- 5- 0   8
                      MY 2206: 23/18	17/19   9/13   95284   4- 5- 0  19
                      MY 2208: 23/18	18/19  10/14   97256   5- 5- 0  20
                      MY 2211: 23/18	14/17   9/13   99943   4- 8- 0   2
                      MY 2213: 23/18	15/18  10/14  100745   5- 8- 0   4
                      MY 2216: 23/24	15/20   9/12  125384   4- 8- 3   7
                      MY 2222: 22/22	13/19   8/10  115307   4- 6- 3   2
                      MY 2228: 28/26	15/20   9/11  134571   6-12- 4   0
                      MY 2235: 34/32	19/24  17/23  163764  12-23-12   0
                      MY 2242: 34/32	25/31  16/21  166182  30-18-12   0
                      MY 2249: 32/32	27/35  32/40  166470  54-32-16   7
                      MY 2256: 39/32	28/36  14/51  167549  68-58-23   0
                      Alternatively you could just send me the numbers and I could space them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                        Panel-of-Evil-Buttonsâ„¢
                        ah, yes. where would we be without the Panel-of-Evil-Buttonsâ„¢? one of the more useful products to come out of Morgan Processing. i've installed my own custom "borehole" button on mine

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                          ah, yes. where would we be without the Panel-of-Evil-Buttonsâ„¢? one of the more useful products to come out of Morgan Processing.
                          Indeed, I lead the design project while I was still employed there

i've installed my own custom "borehole" button on mine
                          Don't you mean an "unpolled borehole" button? *tries to hide his own*

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I'll change the first posts as soon as I have lots of free time and feel like it (which could be long, judging from the frequency of previous updates. ).

Comment

I, as mayor of Concordia, would like to hold a strike to protest that Jedinica Vrijstaat gets no rushes, but the evil evil Centralis is allowed to use federal taxes to rush all base facilities past 10 minerals.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                                I, as mayor of Concordia, would like to hold a strike to protest that Jedinica Vrijstaat gets no rushes, but the evil evil Centralis is allowed to use federal taxes to rush all base facilities past 10 minerals.
                                You could have mentioned this when I consulted you about my orders

Comment

Working...
                                X