Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISCUSSION : Are you sure you want a REVOLUTION ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people more likely to join simply because we need more people? Just because you give them a job doesn't mean they will necessarily do it; I refer you to Diablero and dmm125.

And the main reason why the current constitutionhasn't had all the amendments applied appears to be that DBTS ha sbeen lazy. What has that got to do with eh old constitution?

And finally, why would we need to amend the constitution to have Directors take on assistants? All that would be required is someone willing to help.

Oh, and I consider this to be frankly ridiculous:

or where to place the workers in a particular city.
    Worker placements are hardly a very major decision,e xcept for small abses, which rarely have much choice anyway. Forcing us to poll worker placements will just lead to the whole forum being clogged with polls.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
      Why are people more likely to join simply because we need more people? Just because you give them a job doesn't mean they will necessarily do it; I refer you to Diablero and dmm125.
      Because their job would take less time, so more people who have not a lot fo time could play.

And the main reason why the current constitutionhasn't had all the amendments applied appears to be that DBTS ha sbeen lazy. What has that got to do with eh old constitution?
      Well, someone sure has to do the job, dont you think. If DBTS is busy elsewhere, this is no problem, but we gotta fix that crappy paper we call our "constitution". Even a crappy attempt like mine is a start.

And finally, why would we need to amend the constitution to have Directors take on assistants? All that would be required is someone willing to help.
      Because anyone willing to help is not allowed to post official pollsor give orders.

Worker placements are hardly a very major decision,e xcept for small abses, which rarely have much choice anyway. Forcing us to poll worker placements will just lead to the whole forum being clogged with polls.
      Well, this is in the current constitution, I didnt change a word... When was the last time you read it, ignorant Justice and Commissioner ?
      Though I agree this line is stupid. -- will edit the first post
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Because their job would take less time, so more people who have not a lot fo time could play.
        I don't think they left for lack of time, I think it was for lack fo interest; neither of them posted anything at all to resign or say anything, just vanished.

Well, someone sure has to do the job, dont you think. If DBTS is busy elsewhere, this is no problem, but we gotta fix that crappy paper we call our "constitution". Even a crappy attempt like mine is a start.
        All that needs to be done to fix it up is copy it, add the amendments, correct any spelling or grammatical errors that might eb present, and then post it. No need for such a huge reform of it.

Because anyone willing to help is not allowed to post official pollsor give orders.
        Your point? The jobs that require the most work are the govenrors, and they don't ahve to post polls very often anyway. Besides I wouldn't see anything unconstiutonal about a director making somebody else's orders 'official'; they could just have them sent to them and then post them as their own, after all.

Well, this is in the current constitution, I didnt change a word...
        No, it's not. Govenror's are allowed to give worker palcement orders and don't need to poll it.

When was the last time you read it, ignorant Justice and Commissioner ?
        1) I'm not a Justice.

2) About 5 minutes ago, and it backs me up.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

I don't think they left for lack of time, I think it was for lack fo interest; neither of them posted anything at all to resign or say anything, just vanished.
          Not those two, but sure some others would like to participate but dont have the time to take a full seat. This also applies to newcomers.

All that needs to be done to fix it up is copy it, add the amendments, correct any spelling or grammatical errors that might eb present, and then post it. No need for such a huge reform of it.
          Im all confused, now. This constitution is not a huge reform of the old one, it's simply a rewrital.

Your point? The jobs that require the most work are the govenrors, and they don't ahve to post polls very often anyway. Besides I wouldn't see anything unconstiutonal about a director making somebody else's orders 'official'; they could just have them sent to them and then post them as their own, after all.
          I agree about the possibility of director to make polls offficial, but this has to be clarified in the constitution. I think it's a nice idea that worthes to work on it.

No, it's not. Govenror's are allowed to give worker palcement orders and don't need to poll it.
          Yes it is. Third paragraph of the second section : Director Branch.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: DISCUSSION : Are you sure you want a REVOLUTION ?

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
            I think this DG is really limited by the fact that we always have the same players
            Excellent, he doesn't even notice me, time to move to the next phase of my plan Huh? Oh, yeah

Comment

Im all confused, now. This constitution is not a huge reform of the old one, it's simply a rewrital.
              Why do we need to rewrite it at all?

I agree about the possibility of director to make polls offficial, but this has to be clarified in the constitution. I think it's a nice idea that worthes to work on it.
              So do I, which is why I suggested it.

Yes it is. Third paragraph of the second section : Director Branch.
              In which case it contradicts itself, as it also gives Governors the right to place workers without polling.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

Why do we need to rewrite it at all?
                Because it contradicts itself many times.

So do I, which is why I suggested it.
                Lets work on it for an amendment or a new consitutiton then.

In which case it contradicts itself, as it also gives Governors the right to place workers without polling.
                When I tell you its old and crappy...

From Cedayon : Excellent, he doesn't even notice me, time to move to the next phase of my plan Huh? Oh, yeah
                Seeing how often you post in the DG, I already considere you as a veteran More new people like you or WarofArt would definetely be good fun, and I dont think many will come if, like you or -Jam, they need lot of spare time to play.

The purpose of this consitution is to reduce the amount of time needed by a player to play the DG.

Comment

I'd probably actually support an overhaul fot he constiution, I just dislike the language (and before you remind me that it's from the RL UN, I know, and I don't consider this a good reason to adopt it). All this stuff about 'Commitees' sounds a bit too bureacratic to me... and I don't really like the names either, I think the Directorate names are just fine as they are. We could always just adopt the C3DG method of having Directors appoint assistans for variosu tasks, which would work in a similar way to this.

Comment

You dont even like the "Disarmament and International Security Committee " for the Minister of War ??

And I think there is more work to do than just the assistants.

Comment

Nope, because his job isn't to disarm other factions, ro even to ensure international security, merely to command our military forces to the bes tof his ability in order to achieve our aims. 'Peacekeeping Operations' is fine, IMO.

And I don't see why there would be; Being a Governor, even on your own, shouldn't take up more than an hour or two per week, so just having someone in charge of, say, terraforming, wouldn't require them to put in a huge effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X