• Show
Clear All

• How can you not be familiar with Transcend? Oo;;
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• because you play on thinker?
      not that i do (anymore)

Comment

• Or because you haven't played the game at all, let alone on transcend, in like a year?

Transcend is fine with me, I'll just probably be still reseraching Centauri Ecology when Archaic transcends.

Comment

• Extra pods etc fine with me. At last movement . Welcome aboard MWIA.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• On transcend, you only have to f**t and there's a Drone behind you
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Part of the reason I'm not going to terribly mind Morgan's low pop limit for bases... anything larger than 4 is a drone riot factory anyway

Comment

• OK... I will finish my latest LIBRARIAN game and then choose a faction. It won't likely have any of these fancy customised bits though.

Cedayon - you're on. I've never even PLAYED a Transcend game. I bet you I can lose more convincingly than anyone else. I'll see you in the "interrogation" chambers.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                  On transcend, you only have to f**t and there's a Drone behind you
                  And I play as Zak, with Free Market on practically as soon as I discover Industrial Economics. I get a Drone as my 2nd Citizen.

Go me.

Comment

• Yeah but that drone problem is completely solved once you get the Virtual World. It makes the UoP actually one of the factions where you have to worry least about drones.

Anyway, Archaic, if you are still 'providing' the CMN, could you please ask him to give all land factions an extra colony pod and scout patrol, and me an extra sea colony pod and gun/unity foil?
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• I'm still not sure *why* we should be getting those, but anyway, we're still waiting on MWIA's faction choice.

Comment

• To speed the starts of the game up, so we won't be playing weeks with only a couple of bases and units. Isn't that standard practice in your MP games?

Comment

• If someone could give me one or two pointers on making that custom text file then I'll be able to sort it all out. Looking at Archaic's file and the test brian.txt file with SMAX, I can see much of it, but the formats seem somewhat different and after the TECH part I don't know what many of the parameters are.
                          Consul.

Comment

• OK, I have a soft spot for these guys.....

I choose the Cybernetic Consciousness.
                            Consul.

Comment

• #MANIAC
                              Jedinica Vrijstaat, The Meritocrat, Jedinicans, F, 1, Maniac, M, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1,
                              TECH, Mobile, TECH, DocFlex, SOCIAL, -GROWTH, SOCIAL, -EFFIC, FREEFAC, 28, FREEABIL, 26, AQUATIC, 0,
                              Tech part? You mean the bold TECH in the quote above? You aren't allowed to change those. That would change your faction stats. You may only change some harmless text for RP purposes. Most of it can be easily done by the faction editor supplied in SMAX. But I would be willing to make the text changes for you if you tell me what you want to have changed.

Comment

• Faction editor - aha. I will try that, I never have before. Thanks Maniac. I didn't wnat to attempt to change techs, just leader names, dialogue speech and base names.
                                Consul.

Comment

Working...
                                X