No announcement yet.

Election : Governors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About crawlers I have installed at least two in every bases build queue, and I have personally built 4 or 5 more than there were before, as well as terraforming specially for them, with farm/condensors.

see it becoming a critical part of the colony, not thus distinguished for its industrial capacity or huge population, but rather for its intellectual and cultural development, quality of life, and a beautiful environment (think trees, lots and lots of trees ). Universities, parks/gardens, and party houses recreational facilities will be the most prominent parts of the infrastructure. Tech-sector industries like software development, medical research, and the like are the areas where I hope to see Akiria contributing in the more "practical" area.
    I like it. Culture (a la Aurora), trees (a la everywhere), beautiful environment (a la Twin Peaks especially) and party places (a la Freshwater Sea Base) I agree on all
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

% Decrease: 833.3%
      Don't you mean a decrease of 89.3%??

Since we're posting numbers of the regions, (and so I presume proving the merits of its governor for election purposes?) I have been keeping detailed statistis of Jedinica Vrijstaat for a long time:

Jedinica Vrijstaat MY 2202->2235

Crawlers: 4 -> 12 (300% of MY 2202 situation)
      Formers: 6 -> 13 (217%)
      Population: 14 -> 51 (364%)
      Nutrient production: 36 -> 122 (339%)
      Mineral production: 28 -> 88 (314%)
      Energy production: 10 -> 50 (500%; energy lost due to inefficiency -large distance from the HQ - not taken into account)
      Economy production: 4 -> 27 (675%)
      Labs production: 7 -> 71 (1014%)
      Psych production: 4 -> 12 (300%; Concordia...)
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

*applauds Maniac and GT*

Great work you've done

Comment

Don't you mean a decrease of 89.3%??
          Possibly. I may have been looking at it the wrong way round.

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
            a *very* tough choice, but i made it. and methinks the lose can replace voltaire, who seems to have disappeared again
            I’m back (how long was I gone anyway?). The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
            You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

You were gone about 6 days, I believe, but you didn't make much of a contribution since the 20th. For one thing, we needed a science poll, but we had to make an arbitary decision (albeit one that no-one seems to have objected to) because there was no poll.

Comment

Have I really done that badly as Governor? I understand that some people disagree with my no-ED policy, but that is shared by Cedayon too, so would be no reason to choose between the two. Of course people are entitled to their opinions, and I don't want to know who voted for whom, but I can't say I wasn't a little surprised. What happens with the Akiria thread if the Governor changes? Since only I can alter the first post, Cedayon (if he wins) could not alter what I've written.
                Smile

Comment

Hang in there
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

He could always start a new thread.

Comment

He could, which seems to be the only option. It just seems a shame to let all that work and RP go to waste.

Herc: I am hanging in there, I haven't given up yet. I am just puzzled as to why? Do people object to how I have run Akiria? Nobody mentioned anything, so I presumed that people were, by and large, happy with what I had done.
                      Smile

Comment

I don't think the polls are closed yet (although I don't think there are any more active voters). In either case I'm surprised I even came close to you, Drogue, let alone the present situation... it's been back and forth though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Our ED policies are the same, yes (near as I can tell), but I think our priorities past that are a bit different. My focus on energy production and my desire to bump up against the ED mineral limit, for instance.

As for the Akiria thread, I was planning on starting a new thread and building off your first post (aka copy-paste ). I don't want that lost either, it's good stuff ... I certainly hope you'd help continue the development of the "RP stuff" too. Are you still concerned about it "going to waste"?

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire
                          The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

i voted for you anyways, despite your not being here-ness

Comment

Drogue, if you lost your home Akiria which is about to be industrialized to the point of destroying nature, you are always welcome to move back to Jedinica Vrijstaat. There are many forests around Terminal Dogma, great for the nature lover. I could certainly use some extra base mayors as life is gonna get busier for me with my pending (unless a miracle happens) Alpha Talent promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                              ... Akiria which is about to be industrialized to the point of destroying nature ...
                              drat, he figured it out err, what I meant to say is: Whatever do you mean?

Seriously, though, I really do mean to preserve nature in Akiria if I'm elected... there will be industrialization in that the mineral production will go up, but not enough to cause any ED. I'd also like Drogue to stick around to keep me honest and/or point out if I'm making some kind of mistake ( which is known to happen once or twice in a millenia ), not to mention remain part of the community that he essentially created... but I'm sure he'll be keeping an eye on Akiria no matter where he is ... which could still be the governor's seat since the election's not over.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                                Seriously, though, I really do mean to preserve nature in Akiria if I'm elected...
                                I thought I would get a response over that comment. I know you won't destroy nature. I just misrepresented your intentions in the hope to draw all STEP environmentalists back to Pandemonium.

Comment

Working...
                                X