3 days voting time.
    GeneralTacticus
    70.59%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Abstain
    29.41%

The poll is expired.

<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Learn how to spell lemmy

Commisshioner
    Last edited by Drogue; January 28, 2003, 20:04.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Drogue: you're so edgemakated.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I thought "Commishioner" was an in-joke of some kind

Comment

Spelling fixed.

Comment

Now, why so many abstains?

Comment

Do you really need to ask? You know the folks that oppose you on FM vs. Green thing... even if you've eliminated drones and drastically cut ED (and could eliminate it if you wanted to) in your own region of Centralis.

I voted for you, of course.

Comment

uhm, you people do realise that no government official personally controls any aspect of the game, right? and if GT was to switch SE secretly, we'd impeach him, right? you don't banana someone because you disagree with them about something totally unrelated.

Comment

I do understand that, yes. I also understand, however, that people will vote against someone based on political differences, whether or not those political differences would affect the execution of the duties in question.

I submit to you from the gov thread:
                  from Pan:
                  Go STEP-CCCP Alliance !
                  Refuse the dictaroship of the markets suppoerted by General Tacticus and abstain to vote for him !
                  He's talking about Centralis there, but something tells me he wouldn't exactly be crying in his Xenobrew if someone banana'd GT in this one.

In either case the best way to tell why those folks banana'd here is if they'd come here and fess up

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                    uhm, you people do realise that no government official personally controls any aspect of the game, right? and if GT was to switch SE secretly, we'd impeach him, right? you don't banana someone because you disagree with them about something totally unrelated.
                    Exactly. Besides, if people oppose GT so vehemently, why have they not procured an opposing candidate for the election? Of course, we don't have enough people here to do that, but I digress I still vote for whoever will do the job best, not by ideals, why I'm doing that, TKG already stated.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Ah, ok, got it

Who did banana, then, and why?

Comment

It could be that people voted because they disagree with his ideals? Which although do not make much of a difference, if there are no orders, the Commish can use their own judgement on, although that is only a small point. Or if they disagreed with what he's done as Commish? Or simply because he is going to win, so it might be just to show that not everyone supports him? I don't know. I would possible say the first to some extent. The same thing has happened to me for DEI. I used to get 100%, but now get a few abstains. I think it is to be expected however, with all the discussions, there's bound to be some people who disagree.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I was just wondering because at the point in time when I asked, there were about 4 abstains to nine votes, and i was wondering why there were so many (relatviely speaking). I guess it was just because of the specific people who'd voted at that time...

Comment

I did banana him to let him no that though he will win the elections easily, multiple abstentions would show him that he is not plebiscited as much as he could.

---
                            On a ideological point of view of course, Im not condemning GT for anything he done or didnt do. except for the CNN documentary that I found gross and rude and which deprived GT of a large part of my respect...
                            "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                            "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

As long as I win, and as long as nobody has any real objections to the way I do things, i don't much care if you want to protest-vote. The difference is symbolic, and not much of one at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X