Defence Policy Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence Policy Review

With the acquisition of Advanced Military Algorithms and Doc. Air Power we now have the capability of enhancing our defensive stance. Also with the Yang's factories starting to churn out missle needlejets, the defences along our eastern seaboard, I feel, will need strengthened.

However some of our new and planned bases on that side have not the production capacity to build quickly enough and in some instances their focus will be building naval capability.

So I may have to request the DIA and Governors of bases in other regions to assist with the designing and building of our first aircraft and air arm and AAA tracking units. We will also need some well placed Aerospace complexes so that aircraft can be well maintained and in 100% condition for defence duties.

We are at war with Yang but have not had serious confrontation. We are monitoring events in Zak's territory with alarm. Thanks to the heroic efforts of our probe teams and scientists we have a tech advantage, which I feel we should put to immediate use.

I would be most interested in your views as to priorities and also looking for Governors / and mayors to volunteer their bases.

Alternatively we could dedicate one/two bases almost wholly to air and aaa tracking unit production.

Though more expensive but in line with Peacekeeping policy, the balance of our air fleet should be Interceptors. Will our pilots need state of the art training to better Yangs's veterans.

Meanwhile our Director of Foreign Affairs will no doubt be providing us with up to date intelligence re the diplomatic front.

After hearing your views we will poll accordingly
    Last edited by Hercules; January 26, 2003, 00:14.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

anything we build IMO should wait until after fusion power at least.

Comment

I hope I'll be able to build some AAA units soon.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

How soon will we have Clean Reactors? Until we've got those, I see little point in building masses of units that'll only tie up support costs.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

ÃŽ can see no comment about Masses of units?
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

clean reactors=bioengineering (neural grafting+gene splicing)

we have gene splicing, i know, but i don't think we have NG

Comment

We have GS, and we have the pre-reqs for NG, but we don't have NG itself. We could go NG, then bio-E after we finish Fusion power.

I detect the beginnings of a need for a science poll

Comment

And we seem to have mislaid our Research director.

Comment

Well we have Fusion power now.

I have had a look again at our defences on the Eastern seaboard. They need re-enforcement: especially our main advance naval bases Capricorn and UN Aquaxenobanana.

Thankfully we have reasonable defensive air cover.

I note the comment about waiting for clean reactors but can we not upgrade our units later.

Next there was a promise from Voltaire about building a strong navy based in New Suez. well.

I am also asking that we build 1 or 2 Fusion transports. Volunteer Governors ? If no volunteers it will be left to the DIA and Alpha Talent, (I assume) to decide where they should be built.

The acquisition in due course of the Xenoempathy Dome provides us with ability to travel in the fungus and also to plant it extensively and quickly. Maybe one or two of those sea formers could be ready to transfer to the open sea for such duty.

All of this is still accordance with the strategic policy set out a while back:
                  Strengthen defence
                  Build navy
                  Prepare occupation force.

Comment

I'd volunteer Akiria for a transport or two, but the only two bases with both easy access to the relevant bodies of water and the mineral production to do anything about it are NT and Aurora. New Tassagrad will be tied up with the Xeno Dome, and Aurora is kinda small to be focusing outward.

Still, if it can't be done elsewhere...

Comment

i may be able to offer UNPD or ZG, but i'd rather focus on infastructure in Aurillion as it seems we're quite treefarm-less

Comment

I think I am looking for a number of rushes in the next few turns. Priority I expect will be to those bases voluntered for military service.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                          I think I am looking for a number of rushes in the next few turns. Priority I expect will be to those bases voluntered for military service.
                          We've got enough cash to rush *everything* for the next turn, I believe

Comment

I wouldn't rush units unless absolutely needed, only facilities, because for buildings it's only 2 energy per mineral, while it's a lot more for units.
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maybe it could be usefull to have a summary of the forces we already got, just to see what we have and what we need in the CURRENT situation.

Also, it could be usefull to check out the possibility of upgrading existing units before building new ones. If we have to build new units, I think it would be best to do so to prototype new weapons/armors. (like fusion lasers).

Comment

Working...
                              X