Official: DSE Orders 2211-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: DSE Orders 2211-

Since we've had the change to the Constitution, the previous poll is bunk, so let's do this again and do it right.

Firstly, if you're wondering why there is no poll to switch to Knowledge, it's because there's been no recent discussions over if it's a viable option. Once it's discussed, there'll be a poll.

Now, shall we chance to Free Market, changing the sliders to 40% Econ, 20% Psych, 40% Research in the process? Yea, Nay or Xenobanana.
    Yea
    35.71%
    Nay
    64.29%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Of course.

Comment

No!!! We must resist FM!
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Why? The only bases that would produce any ecodamage at all are NA and Concordia, and even they won't be producing much (13 & 4, respectively). Trivial compared to the economic benefits.

Comment

I voted no but is only a no for the moment.

Personally, I think we are prepared for neither Free Market or Green for the moment.

Considering some new cities are going to be built in a near future ( as far as I see from the recent polls), I think we had best keep Dem-Planned for the moment.

I WANT A POP BOOM IN OUR CITIES !

Comment

Without Env Econ or boreholes, we are not ready to reap the full value of FM. It still doesn't make sense to accept its costs without its benefits.

Let's stay in planned and continue toward booming. If we go Green in the future, we'll want to have exploited the growth potential of Planned for as long as possible.

Comment

I agree, we need pop-boom!

Also, the usual RP reason of not commiting Earth's mistakes, many of which FM either causes directly (greed and destruction of the planet for profit) or indirectly (unelected superpowers), but all this argument has been done to death.

Archaic: Do we need to debate switching to Knowledge? We can do that in the thread if needs be, and there was much debate not so long ago. There is also a general mood expressed by many people towards switching to Knowledge. To be honest, if we're going to start building an army soon, we need to get out of Wealth quickly, and Knowledge will help us get the techs we need first (D:AP for one) quicker.
              Smile

Comment

I voted nay. I look forward to the knowledge debate
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

i'm on nay too

Comment

My current popbooming projects need not be to abrupted at this critical stage!
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Nay for now, though that may change latter on.
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

not until environmental economics.

Comment

Without Env Econ or boreholes, we are not ready to reap the full value of FM. It still doesn't make sense to accept its costs without its benefits.
                          What costs? There will be no Drone problems outside of Antioch, due to the ship being away, and even that is manageable, and ecodamage will be neglegible.

Comment

The loss of growth and industry, and the effects that the low Planet rating and low Police rating will have later, when we need units outside base, and are prducing more eco-damage, as well as the (admittedly small) effects at the moment.

The loss of growth is a big big thing IMHO. We need pop-boom more than the extra energy ATM.
                            Smile

Comment

voted yes.

nah, just kidding
                              Since we've had the change to the Constitution, the previous poll is bunk, so let's do this again and do it right.
                              Since the constitution has been amended after the poll, this poll is not concerned by the amendment and is therefore valuable, in my Justice's opinion. You can still ask a request to the Court if you doubt.
                              I dont think theres anychance people will change their mind so easily, anyway, so theres no need to make another poll about FM

Firstly, if you're wondering why there is no poll to switch to Knowledge, it's because there's been no recent discussions over if it's a viable option. Once it's discussed, there'll be a poll.
                              The switch should have been done though. The people has been clear, and the unofficial poll shows it clearly. Switch to Knowledge has already been voted and not made, by mistake of you. A new discussion and poll can be made, but the switch has to be done ASAP, maybe (according to the results of the newest poll) we'll switch back later.
                              "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                              "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Working...
                              X