Democratic Libertarian Party HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democratic Libertarian Party HQ

Despite what you might think, I'm not really one for speeches, so I'll try and make this brief and to the point.

In the beginnings of our landing here on Planet, the various political parties were a strong influence on our politics, politics now influenced primarily by individuals such as myself, who come and go like the wind, often unable to contribute as much as they might like to our discussions. Many people still languish in the Rec. Commons, held here mainly by part friendships and no longer from any real interest in our cause.

No longer.

Tonight, I hope to bring about a change. Not a return to how things were, but something new, a mix of the new and the old that will surpass both. Tonight marks the founding on the Democratic Libertarian party.

Our party follows nothing as oblique as the "Explore", "Build", "Discover" and "Conquer" aspects many of our forbears followed. What we follow instead is the ethos of the Peacekeeping faction, the freedom and prosperity of man.

As such, our party strongly believes in a Democratic government, together with a Free Market without government interference. Our values are not fixed, but we stress that we do not desire or wish for power, only what is best for our people in whatever our current situation may be.

In all other areas, we continue to strive for sensible and rational decisions, without emotional bias. No matter if the issue is base placement, terraforming options, worker assignments or military strategy, we shall be there, always.

Unlike the parties of old, we are a true political party in the true sense of the word. Members will be expected to take part in the discussion of the party line on specific issues, and then to follow that party line when it comes to voting time.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Party Members:
    Archaic
    GeneralTacticus
    Tassadar5000

Party Policy FAQ::

What is Libertarianism?
    (Short Answer)
    The political philosophy according to which the government should punish crimes and enforce voluntary agreements but not redistribute income.

(Long Answer)
    Coming Soon - ie. As soon as I can type out this one and a half page detailed description.
    Last edited by Archaic; December 13, 2002, 12:45.

Comment

ok question why should I join this party...?
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

So you're a Democratic, Libertarian party and believe in Democracy withou government interference, but you will force you're members to follow the party line. That's neither Democratic (they lose there right to vote) nor Libertarian (taking away a personal liberty). How do you justify that?
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I wonder what your ideal might be with a democracy with no governmental interference with the free markets, though the government control thoughts... :scorns:

thoushallbuythoushallbuythoushallbuythoushallbuy
          "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
          "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Why should you join the party DBTS? Many reasons. "Strength in numbers" is one I'd say would be rather important. Because we'd all be voting as a block, once the party reached any significant size, it would become a rather powerful force in any poll. The opportunity to have a significant influence on the how this game progresses would be another.

Drogue, Party Members will follow the party line for the mutual benifit of all in the party. Instead of squabbling over petty and often trivial differences we might have, we make our decisions within the party in discussions involving all party members. While that may mean some party members may need to give concessions over certain issues, together as a group voting as a block we have a better chance of getting the more important issues that we all agree on resolved in the manner which we all find to our satisfaction.
            So they neither lose their right to vote (For it will be expressed within the party itself), nor will they lose a personal liberty (Since they will follow the party line for their own interests).

Comment

Party Members will follow the party line for the mutual benifit of all in the party. Instead of squabbling over petty and often trivial differences we might have, we make our decisions within the party in discussions involving all party members. While that may mean some party members may need to give concessions over certain issues, together as a group voting as a block we have a better chance of getting the more important issues that we all agree on resolved in the manner which we all find to our satisfaction.
              Very like the Communist Party in the USSR... And you call yourself a democrat ? geez...

Comment

Yes.....very much like........only you're making a hasty generalization without giving any evidence for it, aren't you? Perhaps next you'd like to compare me to Hitler because you think I'm a facist? Guess what, Ad Hominem & Ad Hominem Tu Quoque do not an arguement win.

Comment

I will not say i join just yet but i am interested.....but i will wait a while and see
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Incoming transmission from Lady Deirdre's Garden of Gaia, Gaia's Landing, Gaian Territory
                    Spies spotted, transmission aborted.

(OOC)DP eradicated (/ooc)
                    Last edited by Pandemoniak; December 5, 2002, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
                      Yes.....very much like........only you're making a hasty generalization without giving any evidence for it, aren't you? Perhaps next you'd like to compare me to Hitler because you think I'm a facist? Guess what, Ad Hominem & Ad Hominem Tu Quoque do not an arguement win.
                      Ok, well, you obviously dont have a clue about Earth History do you ? So I'll be kind to you and teach you what happened centuries ago.

Party Members will follow the party line for the mutual benifit of all in the party.
                      This is a Soviet propaganda poster “Collectivism and Comradeship are Mutually Useful”, printed in 1962, which is clear enough, even for your rotten brain.

While that may mean some party members may need to give concessions over certain issues, together as a group voting as a block we have a better chance of getting the more important issues that we all agree on resolved in the manner which we all find to our satisfaction.
                      There had another party who worked like that : Communist placard “Everybody - To The Reelections!”, printed in 1924. Published by “Mossovet”. Size 70x102 cm.

Long live Archaic, the little father of the Bourgeoisie !
                      Last edited by Pandemoniak; December 5, 2002, 10:30.

Comment

Exactly! Libertarianism is letting eveyone vote for who they want, its not having the Party, or Government forcing anyone into any discision. And yes, in you're party they can debate, but they still have to follow the line, so cannot always have a vote for what they want. Moreover, they will have to vote for something they don't want from time to time. I wouldn't expect any party to force its members into what they vote for, let alone a Libertarian party.

Take a look at http://www.libertarian.org/ if you want to find out what Libertarianism actually is. From the site:
                        They [Libertarians] share a defining belief: that everyone should be free to do as they choose, so long as they don't infringe upon the equal freedom of others.
                        Smile

Comment

here it is
                          Attached Files

Comment

That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in years!

Edit: Although obviously I don't condone personal attacks
                            Smile

Comment

Archaic,

In previous thread, you showed a strong interest in Though Control policies should they become available.

Then you declare that you " strongly believe in democratic government".

Do I detect a contradiction here ?

Besides, for someone who has crictized so much the other political party in the past, I find it a bit strange that you would create a political party yourself.

Also remember all the critics you made about others, saying that they were making "fallacious" statments just to hide the truth. Aren't doing the same out here ? From what I see, that strongly look to be the case.

In all other areas, we continue to strive for sensible and rational decisions, without emotional bias.
                              I had the opportunity to see how "unbiased" and "rational" you are when you insulted several member of the community including ( but not exclusively) Hercules, "Unskilled Labourer" Pandemoniak, Drogue and other as well as for all the times when you presented yourself as " being superior" and such non-sense like this.

I also had the opportunity to see how silent you are when presented with FACTS.

As for having your party voting as a whole, let me just remind you that it is again democracy.
                              The only thing that has been done in the other political parties both in earth and in planet, was to PROPOSE their members to support such and such vote and not force them to do so.

I must also remind you that the worst dictators have always used the democracy to put themselves in power.

Now, I do not mean to be insulting ( as you sometimes are) but I must say that you are an Hypocrit. This statment being supported by all the post I have seen from you ( and not by emotional bias).

Comment

Working...
                              X