No announcement yet.

Democratic Libertarian Party HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he would've said he's just sneezed in the post he just made above if he was for starters.
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• I'm afraid I don't follow. Is this some kind of common asian expression?

Comment

• It's a superstition. Basically, if someone's talking about you, you sneeze. Comes from Japan originally I believe, but it's not the only Asian country where that superstition can be found IIRC.

Comment

• Ah, I see.

Comment

• *BUMP*

Comment

• *BUMP*, again.

Comment

• We really need to find something decent to do with our thread some time. ^^;

Comment

• Ah, now here's an idea. The ethics of Gennies, also called Genejacks. That's certainly a topic which could use discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
                    Ah, now here's an idea. The ethics of Gennies, also called Genejacks. That's certainly a topic which could use discussion.
                    Indeed, it is a timely topic. Regrettably I must disagree with your already stated intentions to build them. They rank up there with Punishment Spheres on the list of things I abhor using. They make good sense game-wise, though, since the drones can be dealt with.

Comment

• Should we leave the construction of these over to the choice of the governor (that could lead to some migrations streams ), or should we organize a factionwide poll about them when the issue arises?

Though I fear a debate over this issue will result in a lot of and over eugenetics, and the opposite: bad-genetics. (What's "bad" in classical Greek? In Newgreek 'kalos' is good and 'kakos' is bad.)
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac
                        Should we leave the construction of these over to the choice of the governor (that could lead to some migrations streams ), or should we organize a factionwide poll about them when the issue arises?
                        A factionwide poll with options along these lines:
                        -Allow governors to order Gennies without polling them.
                        -Allow governors to order Gennies, but they have to poll each one.
                        -Disallow Gennies altogether.

Though I fear a debate over this issue will result in a lot of and over eugenetics, and the opposite: bad-genetics. (What's "bad" in classical Greek? In Newgreek 'kalos' is good and 'kakos' is bad.)
                        I'm not sure if it's correct, but I say 'mal' for "bad"... malgenetics?

I don't intend to be significantly involved in the debate, as my position is purely RP (game-wise the things make sense, RP wise I abhor them to the point that I never build them even if I'm playing for fun).

Maybe we could hire one of those YEC guys to distract Archaic until we get the first non-drone-producing mineral buidling and the issue has passed?

Comment

• You're on to something.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac
                            You're on to something.
                            I could arrange for a 100+ slide powerpoint presentation arguing Creationism over Evolution (complete with Young Earth theories) to be delivered to Archaic's e-mail... it should cause enough blood vessels to blow that he'll be out of commission for a while

Comment

• You know, I'd probably just ignore that assuming the person has a wall of ignorance too think to be breached. ^^;;;

But seriously......ae need to change the public's idea of Gennies from dumb mining slaves to....well......er.......biological "robots". Hey, if you want to look at it in that manner, these guys are a massive scientific achievement. The first artificial AI. ^^;;

Okay, that's maybe taking things a bit too far.......and I really don't know how to justify Gennies under a Humanist or Libertarian ethics system.....ummmm...........our Catgirl and Japanese Schoolgirl Populations are all thanks to our early studies into these techniques? ^^;

Comment

• I don't really think Genejacks can be justified without resorting to Yang-like ethics.

Comment

Working...
                                X