No announcement yet.

Network Node: The War, and Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my Allies tend to give away granted Techs, generally they end up to small to do any decent research and stab me constantly even by such things as pacting with another Nation i'm at War with etc.
    When Popbooming its more efficent to have the Base itself than greating commerce income with it.
    You seem to have Nicer AIs then me and no I never do Atrocities.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I have occasionally had submissives turn on me, but by then it's so late in tha game that they are easy to subdue again. The additional commerce income almost always outweighs the nuisance of new seabases (that's what IoD's are for).

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
        Also it will easy our Terraform Up/down projects, but thats another matter.
        Because Morgan (for instance) won't be barging colony pods in on us? Something more arcane?

Comment

Building Landbriges can get difficult with Pactees Land nearby.

@Earwicker: You want to build IoD's for releasing near seabases?

Comment

Building Landbriges can get difficult with Pactees Land nearby.
            Understood.

But once we are trying to act according to our values in a democratic setting (or even in single player) shouldn't we take on the burden of out-developing a submissive rather than doing a scorched-earth policy?

Comment

oops. -double post deleted-

Comment

@Earwicker: You want to build IoD's for releasing near seabases?
                Not at the moment (even if we did have the tech). We haven't seen the threat so far, but we should be prepared to discuss the possibility as it often comes to that.

Depending upon how close to shore the submissive (or simple friendly-for-now neighbor) builds the seabase, I've found that it is absolutely worth building an insurance IoD or two to release - does a nice job of removal. A brand new, too-close-in sea base can rob you blind of all a coastal base's kelp and energy. I hate to tie up production as much as the next guy, but must consider that sort of base construction as a hostile act. If we can respond without going into vendetta, so much the better.

Imagine if a pactmate were to float his sea colony pod through New Suez, into the Freshwater Sea, and set up Morgan Hydroponics there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Earwicker

Imagine if a pactmate were to float his sea colony pod through New Suez, into the Freshwater Sea, and set up Morgan Hydroponics there . . .
                  Perish the thought... I think I agree with Earwicker, while it seems like hostile action, so is building a base that cuts into our production zone. If it solves our little problems without war, then I'm all for it (not needed at the moment of course).
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

But... but... will you slaughter 10000 citizens just like that?
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

With the possibility of using IoD's, pacting defeated factions is not as risky as one can think.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                        But... but... will you slaughter 10000 citizens just like that?
                        If it's a choice between that or breaking the pact and slaughtering the whole of their faction, i chose to kill that 10000.
                        Smile

Comment

Well said, Drogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

If it's a choice between that or breaking the pact and slaughtering the whole of their faction, i chose to kill that 10000.
                            Absolutely! Besides, in an extreme case of resource stealing, tens of thousands of own citizens might starve.

A contingency I hope we do not have to face, but one we should at least be ready for . . .

Comment

Technical Question: Wont Morgan (hypotetically speakin') try to build the same Base again and again and such be pratically stagnating?

Comment

Possibly, but it takes time for him to build a new base, and if weve expanded a bit by then, he won't be able to (if he does, another IoD is needed!)
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X