• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Node: The War, and Research

now that we're at war, we might want to switch our research focus. do we:
    1. Research impact weapons?
    2. Beeline to synthetic fossil fuels?
    3. Research other military equiptment (cruisers, artillery)?
    4. Do nothing?

post your suggestions here!

My thoughts: Rely on Morgan to supply us with Doctrine: Flexibility. Go straight to Intellectual Integrity and the Citizens' Defense Force. Then decide whether we want to pursue war or peace. If war, go straight to Missile weapons, picking plasma up on the way. If peace, go straight to Cyberethics, then pick up Plasma as an insurance policy against an attack.
    Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Adam: why bother with the CDF? It's not like zakharov actually has any capability to attack us.

Anyway, my recommendation: Get flex from Morgan, and start pumping out foil probes, then send them out to look for Zakh, while beelining for missile weapons. After that, research D:AP.

Comment

IMHO, wait until we find Zak. What if he's too far to make any real war actions?

Comment

They'll still be useful, just not as immediately so.

Comment

I'm also for researching Foils, not only are they usefull in the war, but it will also help us find other factions, and possibly get them to help us.
            Zak is already building the EG, we must get to the other factions efore he does.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

No question about the ships, we need'em. I suggest getting them from our friend Morgan.

And then whoever is in charge of base prod should start cranking out probes pronto. Fortunately, as soon as the SP in Panama^H^H^H^H^H^H^H New Suez is done, that city will be able to really crank them out - good prod there already.

As for the rest, let's wait and see till we know just how much Zak is worth. This little misunderstanding should not derail us from our long term growth plan, and we need restrictions lifted above all for that. Once that's done, I'll be happy to throw in my support for more military tech.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

we dont know where zak is so let him be but going for synth fuel isnt bad at all....it will come in handy against morgan when he declares war about us being planned (hopefully we switch to FM before that or atleast get doc: flex from him)
                Bunnies!
                Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

that too. we'll need to expell morgan from our continent eventually.

Comment

Why?

Comment

I reckon plasma, citizens defence force and missile should be our priorities. We need to be able to defend ourselves, but i think we can get to missile weapons before Zak can attack, so no need for Impact IMHO. And that puts on well on the way to Air Power
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                        Why?
                        once he becomes useless for tech trading, or declares war because of SE, we may want to "expand our territory into his". why you say? why not?

Comment

Originally posted by TKG

once he becomes useless for tech trading, or declares war because of SE, we may want to "expand our territory into his". why you say? why not?
                          And that's what I wanted to hear. I was against building combat units "just in case", it's simply waste of techs, minerals and our precious time. But if we are really going to use them, you have my vote...

Comment

He won't declare war if we go FM. Besides, wouldn't it be better just to grab a few bases from him and make him a submissive?
                            Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 4, 2002, 00:06.

Comment

Agreed. Making him submissive is a much better way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X