Official Debate: Policy Towards the University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Debate: Policy Towards the University

In MY 2179 of the recent turnthread, we uncovered a pod containing the commlink frequency of the University. We have not spoken with them yet, and will wait on doing so until we have reached a decision. Citizens, please have your say.

/report

Okay, I have a question. In the Constitution, it states that no person shall be allowed to play ahead for any reason. Does 'playing ahead' include actions taken without ending the turn, such as speaking with foreign factions to see what they'll offer? I need to know if I am to properly inform the public of the situation.

Pact Zakharov and ditch Morgan!
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Why not Pact with both of them?

Comment

To be evil!
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Pact Both, even if it requires going out of wealth. It'll still be more income thanks to the commerce commerce, and it'll gain us more tech in the long run from trading. Plus, our troops won't have the morale penalty.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I'd say that would have to depend on whether the Commerce bonus actually IS greater than the economy loss, especially since if we can get some GAs going then Wealth will give us a nice boost to Commerce.

Comment

I'd much prefer a pact too. Need we really leave wealth? I thought fundy was Zak's aversion?
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Yes, but remember that people don't really care if you use their aversion unless it's in the same SE section as their agenda (i.e. Zak wouldn't care if we used fundy, but he will once we start using Wealth). Now, can anyone answer my question as to what 'playing ahead' means?
                Last edited by GeneralTacticus; October 28, 2002, 06:14.

Comment

i should say that you can't. if i can't hold all the units and press "end turn" until the next breakthrough, you can't do that

moomin: we wouldn't be leaving wealth. MWIA still hasn't made that poll yet

Why not Pact with both of them?

To be Evil!

Comment

Well, it won't be long before our planned economy gets under Morgan's skin. A Pact with the Uni would be of tremendous benefit to us. At least Zak isn't in a state of vendetta with Morgan right now, which would complicate our desire for peace with both.

For the moment, I hope we do not break ties with Morgan, since it still seems our military is ill-prepared for a vendetta.

Comment

I agree 100% with Archaic. Pact with both, and go Knowledge when possible to secure the Pact.

As to playing ahead, I think it applies to any actions the Commissioner hasn't taken, including diplomacy in the same turn. However, I don't claim to be an authority in that -- that's just my guess.

Maybe a Demo game veteran will be able to clarify. (MWIA? Anyone?)
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

we arent in wealth yet people remember that?!
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Another major plus for allying with the Univeristy: we will see how much they have left of the VW, and be able to hurry ours accordingly. Also, his map data alone is worth the pact.

Comment

My reading of the constitution is that there is no playing ahead - period. Of course, I'm just one judge so feel free to take it to the full court.
                            What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

It states none playing ahead.....how far has the game been played? as far as the commissioner got....if you go and check anything it would be pre-info so invalid..........but maybe the court could go over this?
                              Bunnies!
                              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
                              X