Official Debate: Policy Towards the University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmm1285
    Another major plus for allying with the Univeristy: we will see how much they have left of the VW, and be able to hurry ours accordingly. Also, his map data alone is worth the pact.
    i agree. that would be one major advantages, the free infiltration. i'm sure that he'll have the commlink of another faction, so we should definitely ask for that if he doesn't offer it. list so far (combined with the network node thread)
    • Trade as much tech as possible
    • Get all Commlinks he has
    • Make sure to get his map
    • Ask to pact
    • Sell him Morgan's commlink???

other than the pacting, i would assume this list would apply to any other factions he might give us?

Comment

and if he is going to extort us for things?
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

My question was largely on the grounds that 'pplaying ahead' is not adequately defined. This could be an interesting first case for the court.

i agree. that would be one major advantages, the free infiltration. i'm sure that he'll have the commlink of another faction, so we should definitely ask for that if he doesn't offer it. list so far (combined with the network node thread)

Trade as much tech as possible

Get all Commlinks he has

Make sure to get his map

Ask to pact

Sell him Morgan's commlink???

other than the pacting, i would assume this list would apply to any other factions he might give us?
        Sounds good enough to me. I'll post a poll on this.

Comment

I agree with everyone here on the fact that we should attempt to pact with the Zakharov.....it all depends on his attitude. I don't think we should be making any enemies right now seeing as how we are focusing on infrastructure rather than the military.

Maybe we can play Morgan off of Zakharov and vice versa? Like get tech from Zak and creds from Morgan by acting as a 'go-between'?

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I'm afraid that kind of strategy doesn't work nearly as well in SMAC as in Civ 3, due to the lack of in-depth negotiating tools.

Comment

Crap, forgot about that. I'm thinking we could do the same thing the comp does. Maybe if we do it indirectly, like mutually trade tech with Zak (tech that isn't worth that much to us), then go and trade that tech to Morgan for another tech or maybe some creds........

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Wrong thread.
                Last edited by Darkness' Edge; October 30, 2002, 02:44.

Comment

Err, what does that have to do with this?

Comment

Working...
                  X