Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offical : Base names 6-8 (this time with multiple choice!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back to the constitution and this is what I found

Base Names:

The alpha talent or the commissioner will pick 5 names from the name thread and will put them in a poll where a
    name for a new city can be chosen. This poll has to be open for at least 2 days. The name with the most votes
    will be chosen for the base and will be scraped from the list. The same counts for landmarks. If someone wants to
    name a place without a landmark a poll has started about giving it a name or not. This poll will also have minimum
    of 2 days.
    So Is this naming procedure and poll, unconstitutional. or did I miss something?
    I looked at Andemagne's initial suggestion in the City Names thread regarding naming bases after citzens (not too different from my own view above, and many others I noted) and while there was discussion, the issue seemed unresolved.

Makahlua:

Oh and as footnote I did put forward 'Bloomsville' as base name suggestion in the name thread but it didn't appeared above. I'm not too upset it didn't appear as I 've changed my proposed name to Cyclops anyhow.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

go UNRC!
      Last edited by Method; October 6, 2002, 17:39.

Comment

so the poll is closed, i guess it goes

Base 6: Tacticus Academy
        Base 7: Concordia
        Base 8: Mysidia/Zanarkand Gate

since we have a tie, how about we just cancel those and name base 8 UN Research Complex

Comment

Meh, just hold a quickpoll in the appropriate turnchat. (How many CPs do we have active or under construction?)
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

how about we just cancel those and name base 8 UN Research Complex
            That sounds nowhere as cool as either Mysidia or Zanarkand Gate.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Well since they tied for 3rd I figured we'd just use em both, so no polling for #9

Hercules: Under the most recent set of changes, the DoBP was given the duty of running naming polls (look up the director's duties section)

Gen.T: I'll make sure DBTS spells it proper when that base is formed

Vlad: a -lot- of them actually! I think I may need to hold a second one to cover em all

And if we did any substituting, it'd be Deus Ex Machina
              Last edited by Makahlua; October 7, 2002, 01:34.
              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Fair enough.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Makahlua: I did look it up; this is what it says:

DoBP duties
                  Posting polls on how our bases should be named
                  What you have done and it's ok for now obviously, is 'Posting polls on what our bases should be named not how our bases should be named. There is a difference.

Anyhow whatever the interpretation, the constitution needs updating to delete
                  that part of the constitution in part 11, that I referred to earlier about ' Alpha talent ...5 base names'. The two parts could be viewed as in conflict.

Secondly you might finalise the discussion on how to name bases by a poll: You will recall the thread started by Andemagne. There were a number ways proposed:
                  1. (As you organised above) all names listed and all citizens have the opportunity to vote
                  2. Every regular and active citizen to have a base name of their choice.
                  3. Variations of 2

Detective Inspector Hercules Partet and barrack room constitutional lawyer (attorney) (PS I can see quite a few microkreds in fees coming my way if this goes to court)
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

time for a new poll! mysidia and zanarkand gate both founded!

Comment

and two other CP are on there way and 3 others are under construction
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
                      X